ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without any of the metrics outside of Kenpom updated yet, the Torvik Tourney-cast is 77% Michigan IN with a loss to IU as of right now - with a projected 10 seed. It will be much kinder when the metrics update tomorrow.

It would take a lot of craziness and the committee completely screwing them …but never say never I guess.
I think it's a moot point because you'll beat IU

Here’s your bracket:

bracket_image2.php
The winner of Iowa vs Rutgers is going to beat Illinois

We match up well with IU ..but I feel like you guys are due and owe us one for that Kam Chatman shot in the BTT that vaulted our shitty team to a play-in game that year lol
There’s no real rhyme or reason to when this team decides they want to focus and play with passion. They’ve been in seemingly must win games for a month straight and have lost 80% of them. They did play decently well against Purdue yesterday, so hopefully they can carry that over into the game Thursday. Who knows, I can’t pretend to get my hopes up.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
Where did the Wachovia thing come from in the B1G threads? It's not a meme I've seen anywhere else. Wachovia hasn't been a company for more than a decade, before there was a B1G thread

Your starting 5 average age is 24 years old. It’s actually unimpressive how this roster backed into a Big Ten title with all that depth, experience and Kofi.
I actually find it more impressive to see a team with a top 5 guard, a bunch of shooters, a stud center, an AA coming off the bench, and good freshmen role players backed into third place.

Double bye and on the bubble. F--k you NET. In the world before NET was a "thing" we'd probably be a "6" or "7" seed. Good times.

Does the B1G know how their tournament seeding works? If so, how we are listed in "6th" on the standings page?

I might go full "Gil" and yell at clouds all week.

https://bigten.org/standings.aspx?path=mbball

Last edited:
Double bye and on the bubble. F--k you NET. In the world before NET was a "thing" we'd probably be a "6" or "7" seed. Good times.

Does the B1G know how their tournament seeding works? If so, how we are listed in "6th" on the standings page?

I might go full "Gil" and yell at clouds all week.

https://bigten.org/standings.aspx?path=mbball
Man, you've just hit on exactly what is missing in this - rubbing Gil's nose in it.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Gophers just ran out of gas in B1G play. Not having enough depth is no bueno in this conference. I don't blame Ben Johnson, since he only had a few months to build basically an entire team. Then Isaiah Ihnen and Parker Fox both tear their ACL's in the off-season.
Still, this team competed it's ass off every night and they were alot more competitive then people expected.

Final Big Ten conference SOS ranks (conference games only):

7 Illinois
11 Wisconsin
5 Purdue
13 Iowa
14 OSU
8 Rutgers
4 Michigan
9 MSU
12 IU
10 NW
2 Maryland
6 PSU
3 Minny
1 Nebraska

A couple of comments:
  • Among likely tourney teams, Michigan and Purdue had the most difficult conference schedules
  • Next set was Illinois and Rutgers
  • Wisky, Iowa and OSU are paper tigers
  • That IU couldn't even finish .500 despite having the 3rd easiest schedule is hilarious

7 Illinois
11 Wisconsin
5 Purdue
13 Iowa
14 OSU
8 Rutgers
4 Michigan
9 MSU
12 IU
10 NW
2 Maryland
6 PSU
3 Minny
1 Nebraska

A couple of comments:
  • Among likely tourney teams, Michigan and Purdue had the most difficult conference schedules
  • That IU couldn't even finish .500 despite having the 3rd easiest schedule is hilarious
I'm going to step out of character for a moment, and predict that Iowa is going to win more games than OSU or Wisconsin in the tournament. Their defense has improved enough to be respectable, and their offense is extremely difficult to guard if you don't have a guy like Coleman Hawkins to hold Keegan Murray to 6 points on 2-13. Not many teams have a versatile 3/4 that can do that. I think they make the S16.

Gard likely and deservedly wins the COY in the conference, but Underwood did a hell of a job.

He had guys suspended, hurt, and sick all season long. Last graphic I saw was over 40 games missed by rotation players. He lost his entire assistant staff this offseason. He lost his best player in Ayo and a promising freshman in Adam Miller, yet he was able to coach the team to first place in conference, and he's about to land a top 10 recruiting class. Feel pretty damn good about the future of the team.

7 Illinois
11 Wisconsin
5 Purdue
13 Iowa
14 OSU
8 Rutgers
4 Michigan
9 MSU
12 IU
10 NW
2 Maryland
6 PSU
3 Minny
1 Nebraska

A couple of comments:

Purdue throwing barbs at anyone is funny

I'm going to step out of character for a moment, and predict that Iowa is going to win more games than OSU or Wisconsin in the tournament. Their defense has improved enough to be respectable, and their offense is extremely difficult to guard if you don't have a guy like Coleman Hawkins to hold Keegan Murray to 6 points on 2-13. Not many teams have a versatile 3/4 that can do that. I think they make the S16.
Hawkins was the difference in our game. So many big plays

Unless branham goes off for like 35, I’m just assuming osu loses their first game.

Hawkins seemed to be everywhere in every big moment
His best play ultimately didn’t matter, but I still don’t know how he was able to save that preposterous full court pass from Curbelo with like 10 minutes left in the second half. Hawkins was able to catch it as he was going out of bounds full speed and get the ball to the guy in the corner. Really impressively athletic play.

The two hand block was sick too. He balled out for sure.

Let's see some all-conference picks and awards from this collection of brain surgeons ITT:

Here are mine:

1st Team:
Johnny Davis - WIS (POY)
Kofi Cockburn - ILL
Keegan Murray - IOWA
Jaden Ivey - PUR
EJ Liddell - OSU

2nd Team:
Hunter Dickinson - UM
Zach Edey - PUR
Trayce Jackson-Davis - IU
Ron Harper, Jr. - RUT
Bryce McGowens - NEB

3rd Team:
Fatts Russell - MD
Alphonso Plummer - ILL
Malaki Branham - OSU
Jamison Battle - MIN
Tyler Wahl - WIS/Geo Baker - RUT (I couldn't split this hair)

POY - Johnny Davis - WIS
DPOY - Caleb McConnell - RUT
COY - 1 - Steve Pikiell - RUT; 2 - Greg Gard - WIS; 3 - Brad Underwood - ILL
FOY - 1. Bryce McGowens - NEB; 2 - Malaki Branham - OSU; 3 - Moussa Diabate - UM

Let's see some all-conference picks and awards from this collection of brain surgeons ITT:

Here are mine:

1st Team:
Johnny Davis - WIS (POY)
Kofi Cockburn - ILL
Keegan Murray - IOWA
Jaden Ivey - PUR
EJ Liddell - OSU

2nd Team:
Hunter Dickinson - UM
Zach Edey - PUR
Trayce Jackson-Davis - IU
Ron Harper, Jr. - RUT
Bryce McGowens - NEB

3rd Team:
Fatts Russell - MD
Alphonso Plummer - ILL
Malaki Branham - OSU
Jamison Battle - MIN
Tyler Wahl - WIS/Geo Baker - RUT (I couldn't split this hair)

POY - Johnny Davis - WIS
DPOY - Caleb McConnell - RUT
COY - 1 - Steve Pikiell - RUT; 2 - Greg Gard - WIS; 3 - Brad Underwood - ILL
FOY - 1. Bryce McGowens - NEB; 2 - Malaki Branham - OSU; 3 -
I’m a rocket scientist, not a brain surgeon. Show some fücking respect

7 Illinois
11 Wisconsin
5 Purdue
13 Iowa
14 OSU
8 Rutgers
4 Michigan
9 MSU
12 IU
10 NW
2 Maryland
6 PSU
3 Minny
1 Nebraska

A couple of comments:

Need to add that Iowa > Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT