ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

. So much for thst quote about wanting to play under the bright lights on the big stage i heard certain fans harping on last week.
Because that's what his agent said (obviously full of shit). Now he's gonna go to Nebraska and never be heard from again. 😂

We talking about the Dakota dude here? He now a Nebraska lean?
He's from Nebraska and has spoken about wanting to play in-state. I would guess based on his final 5 options that will be the case, either Nebraska or Creighton. Seems to be the most smoke surrounding Nebraska.

God dammit. DePaul just lost their best player to St. Johns.

David Jones. Not on anyone's radar here, but easily one of the best players in the transfer pool.

On the positive side, Emoni Bates has DePaul in his final 6!

God dammit. DePaul just lost their best player to St. Johns.

David Jones. Not on anyone's radar here, but easily one of the best players in the transfer pool.

On the positive side, Emoni Bates has DePaul in his final 6!
That sucks. He was good. Got on my radar because I had him on my fantasy team. Put up a solid stat line when he was healthy.

That sucks. He was good. Got on my radar because I had him on my fantasy team. Put up a solid stat line when he was healthy.
yea he's a warrior out there. really good hard nosed player. Not surprised he wanted to leave, but it sucks that none of our alumni couldn't come up with the NIL to get him to stay.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Add Duke. 3 of arguably the top 5 HS players and they added an Uber Driver from Northwestern through the portal.

There's a chance Trevor Keels might come back. If he does, then I like our chances.

And yes, our freshmen are very talented. Feel like Lively is a little limited on the offensive end, while Filipowski is a little limited on the defensive end. That makes me pause a bit about expectations. But, feeling really good about Whitehead. I think he'll be one of the premier wings in the country next year.

Our uber driver is actually quite necessary. We might need him to take the fall for a DUI or two.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Kentucky shouldn't be in that conversation right now. Only if Sharpe were to return or they added another legit wing, imo.

Maybe a notch lower than UNC, Houston, and Creighton. But, Kentucky should be right there in the mix, at least in the top 10 to start the season. Wheeler, Wallace, and Tshiebwe is a really nice trio.

Maybe a notch lower than UNC, Houston, and Creighton. But, Kentucky should be right there in the mix, at least in the top 10 to start the season. Wheeler, Wallace, and Tshiebwe is a really nice trio.
Yeah, Wallace overall should be better (especially on D) than TyTy, who was just too inconsistent and was never the same after injuries. I also expect Fredrick/Reeves to be better than Grady/Mintz. Still would love to see another wing, at minimum. Would also like to see another true PG on the roster, especially with Wheelers injury woes this past season. They have Wallace, Fredrick, and Reeves all available to handle it in a pinch but none of those guys is a true point and you don't want any of them in that role permanently should Wheeler go down. Cal only has 9 scholarship players on the roster right now.
Wheeler
Wallace
Fredrick
Reeves
Livingston
Toppin
Collins
Ware
Oscar

I watch a lot of regional basketball, really enjoyed Creighton last season.
Nice mix of experience and youth.
And while the olds led the way, it was easy to fall in basketball-love with their freshmen.

Alexander and Kaluma (sp) take any semblance of a leap added to healthy Nembhard and Kalk .. throw in one of the best portals this cycle..

Super entertaining team.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Yeah, Wallace overall should be better (especially on D) than TyTy, who was just too inconsistent and was never the same after injuries. I also expect Fredrick/Reeves to be better than Grady/Mintz. Still would love to see another wing, at minimum. Would also like to see another true PG on the roster, especially with Wheelers injury woes this past season. They have Wallace, Fredrick, and Reeves all available to handle it in a pinch but none of those guys is a true point and you don't want any of them in that role permanently should Wheeler go down. Cal only has 9 scholarship players on the roster right now.
Wheeler
Wallace
Fredrick
Reeves
Livingston
Toppin
Collins
Ware
Oscar

Would think you guys add at least two more players. You guys should be fine.

We won our last title with 8 scholarship players (Sulaimon got kicked off the team and Semi Ojeleye transferred).

Would think you guys add at least two more players. You guys should be fine.

We won our last title with 8 scholarship players (Sulaimon got kicked off the team and Semi Ojeleye transferred).
We'll see. Cal doesn't seem too keen on giving in to these ridiculous NIL demands.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We'll see. Cal doesn't seem too keen on giving in to these ridiculous NIL demands.
I’m not sure if he’s keen on it or not, but he certainly seems keen on using that as a reason he isn’t able to handpick them.

I’m not sure if he’s keen on it or not, but he certainly seems keen on using that as a reason he isn’t able to handpick them.
He's been making a lot of excuses lately. This NIL stuff is a slippery slope though, especially for transfers. Just look at Miami. They give a transfer a two-year pay-for-play deal and suddenly others on the team start making demands. Is it worth causing a mutiny in the locker room just to land that transfer? A lot of these kids are going to start hating each other too and not playing well together because of it. They see a teammate they think they are just as good as but are getting a fraction of the NIL opportunities. This is going to turn really ugly really soon without some very clear rules. Right now it's a free for all.

He's been making a lot of excuses lately. This NIL stuff is a slippery slope though, especially for transfers. Just look at Miami. They give a transfer a two-year pay-for-play deal and suddenly others on the team start making demands. Is it worth causing a mutiny in the locker room just to land that transfer? A lot of these kids are going to start hating each other too and not playing well together because of it. They see a teammate they think they are just as good as but are getting a fraction of the NIL opportunities. This is going to turn really ugly really soon without some very clear rules. Right now it's a free for all.
I'm not minimizing what you're saying. It's complicated. If you have a pot of $ and it's not evenly split some people will be happier than others.

But the locker room was aware of who was getting that under the table $ for years. It's not all that new really.

Teammates probably dislike each other more than fans want to know. Date same chicks, just have jealousy over playing time, benefits, treatment from other coaches, the list is probably never ending. Around people 24/7 going to be issues.

A lot of people immediately assume Wong was mad when he heard about those $ amounts Pack got. I believe it was the exact opposite. I believe it made him realize there was more $ available to him, which made him happy, so he and his advisor tried a negotiation tactic. He didn't get a revised NIL but they say he's going to get more NIL.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'm not minimizing what you're saying. It's complicated. If you have a pot of $ and it's not evenly split some people will be happier than others.

But the locker room was aware of who was getting that under the table $ for years. It's not all that new really.

Teammates probably dislike each other more than fans want to know. Date same chicks, just have jealousy over playing time, benefits, treatment from other coaches, the list is probably never ending. Around people 24/7 going to be issues.

A lot of people immediately assume Wong was mad when he heard about those $ amounts Pack got. I believe it was the exact opposite. I believe it made him realize there was more $ available to him, which made him happy, so he and his advisor tried a negotiation tactic. He didn't get a revised NIL but they say he's going to get more NIL.
Yeah I agree with most of that, just saying this shit is going to be out of control. Picture the Dodgers in free agency assembling all-star teams while the small market teams are slashing payroll. Dodgers payroll is like 7 times what the bottom teams are and baseball sucks because of it.

Yeah I agree with most of that, just saying this shit is going to be out of control. Picture the Dodgers in free agency assembling all-star teams while the small market teams are slashing payroll. Dodgers payroll is like 7 times what the bottom teams are and baseball sucks because of it.
Yeah this is the argument I hear. And I shouldn't be quick to dismiss it, so I'll stop doing that. I just think there are too many rich alum across the country for it to turn into super team stacking. It isn't happening year one. Guess we'll see what happens next year.

Yeah this is the argument I hear. And I shouldn't be quick to dismiss it, so I'll stop doing that. I just think there are too many rich alum across the country for it to turn into super team stacking. It isn't happening year one. Guess we'll see what happens next year.
It's much easier to stack a basketball team than a baseball or football team since they only go 7-8 deep. Plus most of the booster groups that are establishing these war chests of money are dedicated primarily to landing football players and it takes a lot more money to fill a roster full of football talent.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's much easier to stack a basketball team than a baseball or football team since they only go 7-8 deep. Plus most of the booster groups that are establishing these war chests of money are dedicated primarily to landing football players and it takes a lot more money to fill a roster full of football talent.
Yes, but there is $ everywhere. Nobody has dominated the portal.

There are so many ways to look @ it I already write too many novels.

Maybe nobody in the portal was deemed worth it this year, could be. The alleged top portal prospects are choosing random programs.

It is true Duke hit some 5* action out of the HS bucket but they always do, nothing new here.

I just think the concerns are so overblown. We haven't seen anything like what everyone is claiming they fear yet.

So, Isiaih Mosley and Christian Braun are best friends? That would be a pretty sick duo on the wing. Still don't like Mosley's release (aesthetically), but the kid can shoot. A rare member of the 50-40-90 club.

So, Isiaih Mosley and Christian Braun are best friends? That would be a pretty sick duo on the wing. Still don't like Mosley's release (aesthetically), but the kid can shoot. A rare member of the 50-40-90 club.

Braun, Dajuan Harris, and Mosley have all been great friends since middle school when they started playing ball together. Mosley would basically take Braun’s spot on the team as Braun is expected to remain in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT