ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Braun, Dajuan Harris, and Mosley have all been great friends since middle school when they started playing ball together. Mosley would basically take Braun’s spot on the team as Braun is expected to remain in the draft.
Met in middle school, ran a train on the mom in high school, national Champs in college. The American dream.

She's seemingly allowed to misspell his name.. which weirds me.

She's seemingly allowed to misspell his name.. which weirds me.
It's his parents' fault for spelling it like an asshole would spell it. Also she probably has other names for him privately so she isn't used to calling him that. 😂

I was reading he could end up 2nd all time in scoring behind Pete Maravich.
He would only need a little over 500 points next season to move into second. To put that into perspective, that would be almost double the amount of games of Maravich, who only played for 3 seasons and 83 games. Davis would be playing over 140 most likely. Plus Pete didn't have a 3 point line and a ton of his buckets would've been threes, even at the current 3-pt distance.

Stanford's Jaiden Delaire is transferring to San Diego. One word comes to mind.... Why?!?

He was a 2-year starter at Stanford. Realistically, I can't see San Diego finishing higher than 4th in the WCC... and they play in a high school gym. Guess it's all about getting 20 shots a game.

Stanford's Jaiden Delaire is transferring to San Diego. One word comes to mind.... Why?!?

He was a 2-year starter at Stanford. Realistically, I can't see San Diego finishing higher than 4th in the WCC... and they play in a high school gym. Guess it's all about getting 20 shots a game.

One more notable signing for San Diego. They just added Eric Williams (Oregon) to their team. Steve Lavin is doing serious work.

I'm floored by this. Jaiden Delaire and Eric Williams were both receiving starter-minutes at Pac-12 schools. If you're not in the rotation, I get transferring down. But, to transfer down and receive maybe 5 more minutes a game? Come on. Guess they both simply want a higher usage rate.

5 notable transfers have announced their commitments to new schools today.

Osun Osunniyi, Iowa State (St. Bonaventure)
Kyle Lofton, Florida (St.Bonaventure)
Ricky Council, Arkansas (Wichita State)
Tre Mitchell, West Virginia (Texas)
Donald Carey, Maryland (Georgetown)

Arkansas is picking up so many guys, it's hard to keep track of their roster. Is anyone coming back from them? Maybe Devo Davis and Jaylin Williams?

They're bringing in 6 freshmen (#2 class) - and Ricky Council will be the 5th transfer to commit to them. Trevon Brazile (Missouri), Jalen Graham (Arizona State), and the Mitchell twins (Rhode Island) are the other 4 transfers. So, that makes at least 11 new faces. Sheesh. Lots of talent on Arkansas, just have absolutely no clue how the minutes will play out. I'd think the three 5-star recruits & Davis/Williams would start. But, feel like all 5 of those transfers merit a decent amount of minutes, too.

That's a load of talent for a finite number of minutes ..
Who fits? Who sits?
How many Razorbacks transfer out next cycle?

The depth they have is crazy. Almost to a fault. Some of those guys will not be happy with the minutes they receive. If I'm Musselman, I'd be worried about losing their 4-star freshmen, Derrian Ford and Barry Dunning. Devo Davis, Nick Smith, Ricky Council, Anthony Black, and Jordan Walsh are all going to get the lion share of the mintues at the 1-2-3. But, those 4-star recruits are the ones you want and need to develop within the program.

Reactions: KisteK
Joey Baker finally enters the portal as a grad transfer. Wonder where he'll end up? I think he'd do well at a school that relies more on outside shooting, maybe a school like Davidson.

Lots of talk about AJ Green coming here. Would rather have Keels, but Green would be an acceptable replacement.

Joey Baker finally enters the portal as a grad transfer. Wonder where he'll end up? I think he'd do well at a school that relies more on outside shooting, maybe a school like Davidson.

Lots of talk about AJ Green coming here. Would rather have Keels, but Green would be an acceptable replacement.
We got people wondering if he has any personal connection to nolan smith that might see him looking our way. At some point we need bodies, but ur right after coming off the bench his entire career id inagine hes looking to transfer down and play a bigger role, but thats obs just speculation.

I guess now grad-transfers are the only ones who can still enter the portal?

Man i cant stand the homers sometimes.

Now we got people predicting baker will have a “taquan dean type impact” bc hes a career 40% three point shooter. Like i know duke keeps studs, but hed have gotten a tad more than 12 mpg anywhere if he was that type of shooter/scorer.

We got people wondering if he has any personal connection to nolan smith that might see him looking our way. At some point we need bodies, but ur right after coming off the bench his entire career id inagine hes looking to transfer down and play a bigger role, but thats obs just speculation.

I guess now grad-transfers are the only ones who can still enter the portal?

Are you still expecting to land Emoni Bates?

I'm sure Baker could play at Louisville, even be in the rotation, but gotta think he wants starter minutes at this point in his career. Feel like he might need to transfer down to a A10/AAC type squad. Maybe a lesser P6 school like South Carolina or Pittsburgh.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Are you still expecting to land Emoni Bates?

I'm sure Baker could play at Louisville, even be in the rotation, but gotta think he wants starter minutes at this point in his career. Feel like he might need to transfer down to a A10/AAC type squad. Maybe a lesser P6 school like South Carolina or Pittsburgh.
Hopefully on bates idk. Seemed like we had all the momentum in the world then he announced he wasnt gonna decide til mid june so who knows. Hooefully we can snag him and malachi smith, bc we desperately need guards.

my thoughts on baker as well, id take him in a heartbeat to come off the bench, but why leave duke to do the same thing sonewhere else. if we are relying on him to be a go-to player, i thibk we woukd be in trouble.

michael-keaton-hand-job.gif

I assume Christian Braun is gone.

The big questions for KU should be whether Jalen Wilson comes back - and if they can snag Isiaih Mosley. If KU ends up with both, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't begin next season in the top 5. Wilson and Mosley would likely relegate Gradey Dick to a reserve role.

Sounding more and more like Matthew Mayer will end up at UNC. That should solidify their position as the preseason #1 team.

Duke is likely to snag UNI's AJ Green. Keels is likely staying in the draft at this point.

Sounding more and more like Matthew Mayer will end up at UNC. That should solidify their position as the preseason #1 team.

Duke is likely to snag UNI's AJ Green. Keels is likely staying in the draft at this point.
I figured that as soon as he announced his transfer. A perfect replacement for Manek, although obviously not as good. Still don't see them as the #1 team though. Before the unlikely tourney run they were not a good team this past season, much like UCLA the year before (who also ended up being way overhyped this year).

Reactions: dukedevilz
I figured that as soon as he announced his transfer. A perfect replacement for Manek, although obviously not as good. Still don't see them as the #1 team though. Before the unlikely tourney run they were not a good team this past season, much like UCLA the year before (who also ended up being way overhyped this year).

Hope you're right. Caleb Love is still a little bit of a wild card. He shot them out of the title game (5 for 24) - and that certainly wasn't the first time that's happened in his career.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Mayer to UNC has basically been the word since he announced he’s entering the portal. He’ll be taking Manek’s spot in the lineup.

Tyrese Hunter to Texas to tomorrow. Word a couple weeks ago that Texas came to Hunter with a NIL offer that blew all the other schools he was considering away.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Villanova's Bryan Antoine to Radford. Sheesh. We recruited him pretty hard. Thought he was a Duke lean. Former 5-star recruit. I'm sure injuries have played a part in his downfall, but he hasn't looked any bit the part of an elite prospect. He was high school teammates with Scottie Lewis, another 5-star recruit, who failed to average double-figures in two years at Florida. Maybe they were both a tad overrated.

Oklahoma is picking up a big-time player in Nevada's Grant Sherfield.

Reactions: KisteK
Mayer to UNC has basically been the word since he announced he’s entering the portal. He’ll be taking Manek’s spot in the lineup.

Tyrese Hunter to Texas to tomorrow. Word a couple weeks ago that Texas came to Hunter with a NIL offer that blew all the other schools he was considering away.
Hard to see how hunter and marcus carr are gonna complement each other, seems like they do alot of the same things. Cant hardly blame anyone for taking big $$$ though.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
Hard to see how hunter and marcus carr are gonna complement each other, seems like they do alot of the same things. Cant hardly blame anyone for taking big $$$ though.

I think it can work if they move Carr completely to secondary ball handling duties and let him focus solely on scoring. Let Hunter run the offense. Both are good defenders.

Villanova's Bryan Antoine to Radford. Sheesh. We recruited him pretty hard. Thought he was a Duke lean. Former 5-star recruit. I'm sure injuries have played a part in his downfall, but he hasn't looked any bit the part of an elite prospect. He was high school teammates with Scottie Lewis, another 5-star recruit, who failed to average double-figures in two years at Florida. Maybe they were both a tad overrated.

Oklahoma is picking up a big-time player in Nevada's Grant Sherfield.
Dang, Duke is really struggling on the recruiting trail.

Who are the top available players in the portal?
Everyone has a different opinion and there are probably dozens of lists out there, but this one was last updated today with who's already committed. Edit: Sorry, just realized it's paywalled and you won't be able to see it unless you have ESPN+. Otherwise a quick Google search will yield plenty of results.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT