***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for myself but looks like an uphill battle. I’d guess my other three are Snumbass, Snusmyboo(bmore) and Hail(snu jr) who has me on ignore.

In context I said getting to a FF can be a fluke thing. Many in here have agreed with the notion that there is significant variance in the path to a FF - see UMs 2018 run to a championship game without playing a seed higher than 6 which is typically a mid tier Power 5 or a top tier smaller conference. Not sure that’s much of a feat.
I used the 2015 UW path as an example of a hard road to the FF especially in comparison to the 2018 UM run. Please explain to me how those two accomplishments are remotely similar.

A lot of the time it depends on how the other teams are playing in early March.

Michigan's 2018 path to the FF would have been easier playing two seed Purdue twice rather than six seed Houston and nine seed FSU. Would have saved some stress on this fan for those two games.

A lot of the time it depends on how the other teams are playing in early March.

Michigan's 2018 path to the FF would have been easier playing two seed Purdue twice rather than six seed Houston and nine seed FSU. Would have saved some stress on this fan for those two games.
Looks like you are getting ready to mud wrestle Pig.
Good luck. Laughing

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Michigan was a 3-Seed in 2018. Look, its not like they were a 7 or something. Its not their fault teams lost. You can only play who's in front of you. Look, if a teams good enough to beat a 2-seed(TX A&M beating UNC), then they are good enough to beat a 3-seed. But they did not.

Getting to a FF is impressive. I don't give a fck who you had to beat.

Michigan was a 3-Seed in 2018. Look, its not like they were a 7 or something. Its not their fault teams lost. You can only play who's in front of you. Look, if a teams good enough to beat a 2-seed(TX A&M beating UNC), then they are good enough to beat a 3-seed. But they did not.

Remind me why we’ve ever fought?? Genius words.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Remind me why we’ve ever fought?? Genius words.
n5ebMxv.gif

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
@MileHighSpartan any suggestions on good places to eat in EL? In town for a wedding.

ehh I haven’t been back in a while besides a game last year where we were in and out. Are you in “downtown” EL?

Hopcat, peanut barrel, crunchys but those are bars. There is Dagwoods and Golden Harvest in Lansing. To be honest I haven’t been back much since I moved out west and back when I was still on campus, I was slumming it up

ehh I haven’t been back in a while besides a game last year where we were in and out. Are you in “downtown” EL?

Hopcat, peanut barrel, crunchys but those are bars. There is Dagwoods and Golden Harvest in Lansing. To be honest I haven’t been back much since I moved out west and back when I was still on campus, I was slumming it up

We’re in Lansing actually but thanks for the suggestions!

I usually have a quick laugh when posters are discussing pathways to Final Fours.
If you're a top 4 seed, your path isn't nearly as impressive if/when there are upsets, obviously.

Well.. a bunch of (the) better teams lost, so...
Not As Impressive.

It's 4 consecutive wins vs the current season's best teams.
Only three other teams will get to pimp that.

Iowa'll be looking ahead to Nerdwestern.
I wouldn't be surprised if Boilers gave 'em a good scare.
Don’t think so. Our D is decimated still with injuries, and it wasn’t that great to start with. It isn’t going to be pretty, and the game in Madison will be far worse.

Edit: if I was betting this game, I would definitely take Iowa -17.5

Last edited:
Don’t think so. Our D is decimated still with injuries, and it wasn’t that great to start with. It isn’t going to be pretty, and the game in Madison will be far worse.

Edit: if I was betting this game, I would definitely take Iowa -17.5
I’d take Purdue +17.5

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Yeah I might take the points in this one, not sure Iowa’s offense is that great and Purdue can still put some points up. 24-10 is my guess.

Iowa’s front 7 is going to manhandle Purdue’s O-line. I wouldn’t be shocked if they win by 30+. Purdue’s D is really going to struggle to get many stops.

Us coming together and laughing at JohnHoosier was pretty easy.

Us coming together and laughing at piglet is a true Big Ten thread breakthrough.

Reactions: SNU0821
I figured Purdue struggling on offense was a given, but really thought Iowa was going to run the ball up and down the field and kill the D. Will probably get shelled in the second half.

5 star Jalen green now considering Michigan. I think Michigan’s had more 2020 top 50 guys on their campus for visits than the rest of the b1g combined.

ADVERTISEMENT