***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope this quote from Painter quiets any Purdue fans’ hopes of Nojel being a threat from outside 5 feet this season:

Nojel’s an intelligent player,” Painter says. “He understands that he has to make progress in that area to move past college. That’s not a profound statement. But you want to take great ones. You want those jump shots to be end-of-shot-clock shots, wide-open shots, rhythm shots, uncontested shots. Then when you start making some of those and you build some confidence, now you can grow into that other bucket where it doesn’t always have to be at the end of the shot clock or completely wide open all the time.”

When he mentions “end of shot-clock shots” first, then you know Painter knows it’s never going to happen lol

Really? I would have thought chrome was just as bad if not worse than safari when it comes to personal security.

I also didn’t know internet explorer even still existed.
it does and I have never had trouble with as it is put out by Micro Soft.

Really? I would have thought chrome was just as bad if not worse than safari when it comes to personal security.

It depends on who you trust with your data, Google or possibly someone else who found an unpatched vulnerability or rendering issue. Really though for privacy and security it's Tor then Brave or Firefox. I recommend Brave over Firefox because it's Chromium based and had more consistent rendering. Use a VPN by default regardless.

Reactions: ThriceHawk
It depends on who you trust with your data, Google or possibly someone else who found an unpatched vulnerability or rendering issue. Really though for privacy and security it's Tor then Brave or Firefox. I recommend Brave over Firefox because it's Chromium based and had more consistent rendering. Use a VPN by default regardless.

You have to pay for a VPN right?

Davis is third in command. I expect nothing but spot foul trouble minutes.
Third? Who's first and second? If Davis healthy, he'll start. If he's not, we'll be meh in the paint. For IU to be really good---they need a healthy Davis. And when I say healthy, I mean as he was early last season.

Third? Who's first and second? If Davis healthy, he'll start. If he's not, we'll be meh in the paint. For IU to be really good---they need a healthy Davis. And when I say healthy, I mean as he was early last season.
If Davis starts, then how many min are Brunk and TJD getting? Will IU play Brunk or TJD at the 5. You guys have been saying that TJD is a 5 right now, so can Brunk play the 4 then?

If Davis starts, then how many min are Brunk and TJD getting? Will IU play Brunk or TJD at the 5. You guys have been saying that TJD is a 5 right now, so can Brunk play the 4 then?
I've never thought TJD was a 5. I don't think he is. My feelings is, Davis and Brunk at the 5. TJD as a four. I think IU needs a healthy Davis. If not, not sure how things go in the paint.

I've never thought TJD was a 5. I don't think he is. My feelings is, Davis and Brunk at the 5. TJD as a four. I think IU needs a healthy Davis. If not, not sure how things go in the paint.

Hasn't Archie's style always been more of a 4 guard/wings and 1 big? Wasn't that why he recruited so many of the 6'6-6'8" guys?

What?

Reactions: klize17

Davis is not going to start healthy or not. He is a broken down out of shape senior. The 5 position is Brunks and TJDs to share with some times them on the floor the same time.

IE is terrible. Chrome isn't much better... Good for security but awful for privacy.

Brave is my go-to.. highly recommend. It's built on chromium (NOT Chrome) so has the added security benefits, but Brave strips anything that phones home to Google. It also auto blocks trackers, 3rd party ads, etc.

Plus it blocks auto-play for videos so those annoying recruiting videos on the side don't play on Rivals.

Reactions: KisteK
been using IE since I bought my 1st computer back in the 90's and I have had no problem, just bought the anti virus suggested by the dealer, only time I have trouble is when my virus subscription expires,.

Brunk in my opinion will start and play at the 5
TJD will play the 4 and the only time he plays the 5 is in a short lineup. watched his video and he looks much better suited to play the 4, he can defend on the perimeter and can attack the basket like Cook did. only TJD has better range

Davis is not going to start healthy or not. He is a broken down out of shape senior. The 5 position is Brunks and TJDs to share with some times them on the floor the same time.
I'd make a decent wager that IF healthy, and able to play(fitness), Davis will start. He is very skilled. Talent wise,he's IU'sbest post player. And TBH, it aint close. Plus, as you said---he's a senior. If able, I don't see Miller not giving him an opportunity. I don't get why sone of you are so down on him. Healthy, he can contribute a ton.

Would I lose all my google saved user names and passwords if I switched to one of those?

I'd make a decent wager that IF healthy, and able to play(fitness), Davis will start. He is very skilled. Talent wise,he's IU'sbest post player. And TBH, it aint close. Plus, as you said---he's a senior. If able, I don't see Miller not giving him an opportunity. I don't get why sone of you are so down on him. Healthy, he can contribute a ton.

Always been a big fan of Davis but he can’t stay healthy and when he is he shows up out of shape. He isn’t Miller’s guy Brunk is. Brunk is in great shape and by all accounts has completely outworked Davis to this point. Based on everything that I have read Davis is spot minutes only right now. Things can always change but it’s on Davis to want to

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Would I lose all my google saved user names and passwords if I switched to one of those?

Not in desktop. There's an option in Brave to transfer over all of your bookmarks and passwords.

But really you should use something like Bitwarden or 1password to manage all of your passwords.

Reactions: CO_hawk
Anyone else think Brunk will be Evan Boudreaux 2.0?

Mgoblog did some analytical research on the b1g next year and found that brunk may literally be the worst defensive player in the country. Butlers on off splits defensive numbers with him were unbelievable. In modern college basketball, IU has no hope of guarding anybody if they plan on playing Davis or brunk at the 5 with TJD at the four.

Always been a big fan of Davis but he can’t stay healthy and when he is he shows up out of shape. He isn’t Miller’s guy Brunk is. Brunk is in great shape and by all accounts has completely outworked Davis to this point. Based on everything that I have read Davis is spot minutes only right now. Things can always change but it’s on Davis to want to
I can get on board with this. Its what I have heard as well. I just feel if Davis can go, is in shape, then Miller gives him an opportunity(to start).

So wouldn't it be tough to play TJD at the 4 with Brunk/Davis at the 5?

I suppose you have to fit your game plan to your personnel, but seems like shooting would be very limited / lane clogged
Shootings gonna be limited anyways....A line-up of Davis, TJD or Brunk, along with Smith(Hunter if able), Green and Phinisee, isn't a bad "5" at all. If Hunter is a go, that changes a lot of things. Archie could have have a ton of options this year. Looking forward to it.

After Gil’s 8th post in a row about Iowa players’ height, weight, and for some strange reason ESPN player rankings.
I think TOS has also stolen a lot of members (impact seen less in this thread, but more in the overall activity). It’s most evident the bball recruiting board. 3-5 years ago, whenever the mods posted one of those recruiting rankings update threads, they would be filled with questions or Gil type outrage. Now, that board and those threads are completely dead on a relative basis.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT