***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wisky probably lands the Hauser twins. MSU just doesn’t have room for both.
If they do, they could be looking at a roster in two years of Trice, Davison, and Reuvers as seniors (and Ford as well, who I thought looked good as a frosh but bad last year), King as a jr, and the Hauser brothers. That could be a pretty good Wisco team, with a lot of 3 pt weapons.

Reactions: klize17
If they do, they could be looking at a roster in two years of Trice, Davison, and Reuvers as seniors (and Ford as well, who I thought looked good as a frosh but bad last year), King as a jr, and the Hauser brothers. That could be a pretty good Wisco team, with a lot of 3 pt weapons.

Yeah agree. That would be a big get for them.

They'd probably be a really good offensive team, but if they played Hauser/Hauser/Ruevers in the front court, I don't think they'd be very good defensively. When I watched the Hausers, they were soft as hell -- like Iowa soft.

Yeah I don't know much about them honestly. Looks like they both have punchable faces, so that will be fun.

Reactions: SNU0821
I don't know just what a couple of their posters said on their 247 board. If the three most likely options are Shaka, Juwan, or Lavall it certainly seems that is possible.

Because a couple guys on 247 said it that makes it seem like it’s happening? Ok...

Because a couple guys on 247 said it that makes it seem like it’s happening? Ok...

Trouble reading? I put my opinion in afterwards.

"If the three most likely options are Shaka, Juwan, or Lavall it certainly seems that is possible."

Two coaches whose current bosses want to get rid of them and then a guy who has never been a head coach or recruited a day in his life. Screams dumpster fire, but that is just me.

They'd probably be a really good offensive team, but if they played Hauser/Hauser/Ruevers in the front court, I don't think they'd be very good defensively. When I watched the Hausers, they were soft as hell -- like Iowa soft.
Reuvers is a decent shot blocker, but he's soft as hell -- like Iowa soft.

Reactions: Toast.
Trouble reading? I put my opinion in afterwards.

"If the three most likely options are Shaka, Juwan, or Lavall it certainly seems that is possible."

Two coaches whose current bosses want to get rid of them and then a guy who has never been a head coach or recruited a day in his life. Screams dumpster fire, but that is just me.

The small list of available options has more to do with really bad timing than Michigan "mucking things up", despite what a few 247 homeboarders are saying. Things would likely look a lot different if Beilein stepped down after the tournament loss, but it's not surprising he didn't considering he didn't know he was getting the Cleveland job until recently.

The small list of available options has more to do with really bad timing than Michigan "mucking things up", despite what a few 247 homeboarders are saying. Things would likely look a lot different if Beilein stepped down after the tournament loss, but it's not surprising he didn't considering he didn't know he was getting the Cleveland job until recently.

Didn't seem to effect Ohio State who hired Holtmann a month later.

@klize17 who are the realistic targets you think Michigan should be reaching out to but haven't?
From my purview, I think Michigan is a pretty damn good job, and I would've expected some names with a little more momentum behind them -- just seems like an underwhelming list. But at the same time, I haven't dug around to see what good names are out there.

Who are the Holtmann-like coaches available this year, especially ones with Michigan ties?

What ties did Chris Holtmann have to Ohio State?

I am sure I could probably come up with a list of 5-10 guys (and its not worth the time to do so), who are not pipe dreams such as Wright, Bennett, etc. who with a good offer would take the Michigan job. Shaka, Lavall and Juwan would not be on that list. Not sure why you are selling your program short, especially with how much you have talked it up over the past 4+ years.

From my purview, I think Michigan is a pretty damn good job, and I would've expected some names with a little more momentum behind them -- just seems like an underwhelming list. But at the same time, I haven't dug around to see what good names are out there.

You can’t force availability if it’s not there.

What ties did Chris Holtmann have to Ohio State? I am sure I could probably come up with a list of 5-10 guys, who are not pipe dreams such as Wright, Bennett, etc. who with a good offer would take the Michigan job. Shaka, Lavall and Juwan would not be on that list.

Holtmann has ties to the state of Ohio because he coached at Ohio for two years.

Well I asked you for some names. Rather than naming 5 people who wouldn’t be on your list why not name some who would?

I don't mean this in a trolling way at all, but it seems like Purdue fans (good thing for you guys) don't fully understand what it's like looking for a new coach. Look at IU, a top 10 job, and we landed Archie. Now, some people were quick to say the hire was underwhelming. Now, the same thing is happening to UM. Outside of a few guys (Donovan, Marshall, Few, Wright, Bennett, etc.) most of the guys being hired are in that realm of Holtman, Mack, Miller, and to a lesser extent (IMO) Smart and some guys on that second tier list. If Painter bolted for a different job, I think you guys would be in a similar situation, not drawing the best of the best options. It's just the lay of the land at this point which is why not too long ago I said that I was really happy Crean got canned when he did and we landed Miller.

I don't mean this in a trolling way at all, but it seems like Purdue fans (good thing for you guys) don't fully understand what it's like looking for a new coach. Look at IU, a top 10 job, and we landed Archie. Now, some people were quick to say the hire was underwhelming. Now, the same thing is happening to UM. Outside of a few guys (Donovan, Marshall, Few, Wright, Bennett, etc.) most of the guys being hired are in that realm of Holtman, Mack, Miller, and to a lesser extent (IMO) Smart and some guys on that second tier list. If Painter bolted for a different job, I think you guys would be in a similar situation, not drawing the best of the best options. It's just the lay of the land at this point which is why not too long ago I said that I was really happy Crean got canned when he did and we landed Miller.

Yup. The top guys you’d hope would be interested aren’t (ie. Donovan, Wright, Bennett). Marshall seems content at Wichita State. Beard is happy where he’s at and is a Texas alum so is probably waiting for an opening there at some point.

After that it gets pretty bleak. Porter Moser? No thanks.

Arguably a top 5 job. Indiana settling for Archie... who isn’t a top 5-10 coach.... tells me Indiana’s AD doesn’t care about Indiana basketball. He should’ve made a top 5-10 coach leave their school and let the other school deal with it.

/s

Reactions: KisteK
Yup. The top guys you’d hope would be interested aren’t (ie. Donovan, Wright, Bennett). Marshall seems content at Wichita State. Beard is happy where he’s at and is a Texas alum so is probably waiting for an opening there at some point.

After that it gets pretty bleak. Porter Moser? No thanks.

Then call Barnes (who was ready to bolt to UCLA), Sampson, Mike White, Oates (I get he took Bama, but give him a call), Hurley.

Maybe they did reach out via the search firm and there was no interest, but there are certainly better prospect than the list of three currently.

Arguably a top 5 job. Indiana settling for Archie... who isn’t a top 5-10 coach.... tells me Indiana’s AD doesn’t care about Indiana basketball. He should’ve made a top 5-10 coach leave their school and let the other school deal with it.

/s

Went for Donovan and then for the guy who was seen as the best young coach in the sport.

Michigan goes for Donovan, Wright, Bennett gets stuck with two coaches who are about to be fired and another who has never been a head coach.

Edit: By the way its amazing how butt hurt you get with a conversation that you have to try and troll.

Then call Barnes (who was ready to bolt to UCLA), Sampson, Mike White, Oates (I get he took Bama, but give him a call), Hurley.

Maybe they did reach out via the search firm and there was no interest, but there are certainly better prospect than the list of three currently.

Leaving Tennessee for Michigan is lateral.
Oats says thanks but no thanks and said he hopes Saddi Washington gets the job.

You really think Michigan would go from Beilein to Sampson in this college basketball climate? Come one. I’d rather have Smart or Howard than someone with baggage.

The point is these guys are being reached out to or aren’t good fits. That’s not Michigan’s AD’s fault. We hired a search firm so anyone with interest is likely being considered.

Reactions: KisteK
Went for Donovan and then for the guy who was seen as the best young coach in the sport.

Michigan goes for Donovan, Wright, Bennett gets stuck with two coaches who are about to be fired and another who has never been a head coach.

Edit: By the way its amazing how butt hurt you get with a conversation that you have to try and troll.

Gets stuck with the list we have through no fault of the AD. Get your info from something other than a few 247 home boarders.

Looks like The Fort has a suggestion...

9233278.png

ADVERTISEMENT