ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Why are we praying? That big bad Iowa might not finish 14th?

26v52f.jpg

these were Garza's offers and they were all committable
Alabama
DePaul
George Washington
Georgia
Indiana
James Madison
La Salle
Lehigh
Louisville
Loyola of MD
Navy
Nebraska
NW
ND
PSU
PITT
Princeton
San Francisco

those are some pretty good school both Academically and BB wise that Fran out recruited.

Cook had these for offers that Fran out recruited
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Illinois
Iowa State
Kansas
KSU
Marquette
Memphis
Miami of Florida
Michigan
Missouri
PITT
Purdue
Saint Louis
Tennesse
Virginia
Wake Forest
South Carolina

and all those were committable offers, for somebody that can't recruit he beat out some very good teams to get those 2.

people are only lying to themselves when they say Fran has no chance.
Who gives a F? This isn't an Iowa board and B10 fans don't give a crap about recruiting with a team that finished at the bottom. A mile long list on Garza with info from one or two years ago? WTF?

Who gives a F? This isn't an Iowa board and B10 fans don't give a crap about recruiting with a team that finished at the bottom. A mile long list on Garza with info from one or two years ago? WTF?
could have swore that Rutgers finished last and Illinois got the 13th seed while Iowa got the 12th and beat Illinois in the 1st round.

You think we sag off Evans and make him beat us from 3? Only a 33 percent shooter from distance

I would wager we will go under screens until he proves he can make outside shots. Although he is 7-16 from three since hurting his toe.

He's another guy who gets to the line a lot (like the Fullerton guy). He had a three game stretch in conference play where he shot 45 free throws (making 40) and in the third game of that stretch, he actually shot 20 free throws against Texas earlier in the season (making 18). That's nuts.

actually this a thread strictly for Purdue fans and nobody else.

as this is the Purdue board

actually this a thread strictly for Purdue fans and nobody else.

as this is the Purdue board
You are welcome to post here, although I don't know why you would. If the only reason why my team hadn't lost a game on almost three weeks was because they hadn't played a game in almost three weeks, I'd probably have already found more useful things to do with my time.

Reactions: hawkeye bb n fb fan
You are welcome to post here, although I don't know why you would. If the only reason why my team hadn't lost a game on almost three weeks was because they hadn't played a game in almost three weeks, I'd probably have already found more useful things to do with my time.
I have as Golf and College Baseball is in full gear. but as you can tell boiler1987 feel it his thread and his board to trash another coach and team, that he has never met.

I have as Golf and College Baseball is in full gear. but as you can tell boiler1987 feel it his thread and his board to trash another coach and team, that he has never met.
So, you think Tiger wins the Masters?

So, you think Tiger wins the Masters?
I am going to watch it and hopes he does, right now Tiger is 8-1 to win the Masters, the next Golfer is 9-1. the last 2 events he has been very steady the one thing that has hurt him is his Iron onto the green as it has not put him into position to make shorter putts

there was a stats where it showed he was 48 of 49 within 10' the one he missed he was exactly 10' away.

on sunday he had 4 that lipped out. plus a couple more that just grazed the edge of the cup.

the posters on HN are complete morons as they are pissed that Fran allowed 4* PG Connor to walk as it is keeping a stud PG from committing to Iowa.

this is true case of bigotry, Connor is white as is Bohannon, and neither can play the game, the only players they want are black players,

they are even questioning Wieskamp ability to play.
basically every white player needs to be run off and only bring in black players.
Are they actually saying that on HN, or are you on another bender?

He called Bossi a racist.
... to his face ... basically.

Are they actually saying that on HN, or are you on another bender?

... to his face ... basically.
no they are blaming Fran for having Connor on the team as that is why Fran can't recruit a ELITE PG, or won't.

Connor is walking on and plans to play both Baseball and BB, Connor walked on and that is how Nunge got a scholarship.

but I would like to know how a player that walked on is going to keep Fran from recruiting a PG and would any so called elite PG would be scared of committing to Iowa or any school for that matter,

Connor was a 4* PG by Rivals and a 4* top 100 PG by ESPN, they doubt Connor will be any good. meaning he is to white. as all they mention is/are black players as being elite.

no they are blaming Fran for having Connor on the team as that is why Fran can't recruit a ELITE PG, or won't.

Connor is walking on and plans to play both Baseball and BB, Connor walked on and that is how Nunge got a scholarship.

but I would like to know how a player that walked on is going to keep Fran from recruiting a PG and would any so called elite PG would be scared of committing to Iowa or any school for that matter,

Connor was a 4* PG by Rivals and a 4* top 100 PG by ESPN, they doubt Connor will be any good. meaning he is to white. as all they mention is/are black players as being elite.
200w.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

What in the **** does race have to do with anything?

Couldn't be because Fran might potentially show favoritism to his son.. possibly leading some recruits to choose another program for equal opportunity.

I don't think I would agree with that either. I have seen alot of his play so far and his putting has been pretty damn good as well. The stats back it up:

Strokes Gained Putting- 14th

One Putt %- 4th

3-putt avoidance- 12th

Source: https://www.pgatour.com/stats/categories.RPUT_INQ.html
When I watched him at Valspar, he seem to struggle with his putting. IMO had he been more accurate, he would've won. I will admit, though, that is the only time I really watched.

Iowa still sucks.

His short game has been pretty damn good so far this year. His driving accuracy, not so much.
agree. his biggest issue is that he still has that desire to step on a drive, and that has to go if he wants to sustain this. when he's swinging smooth, he really looks in control.

he definitely looks like he had some confidence on the greens that I haven't seen in a long time -- putter is working. must be hitting perkins before his rounds again.

been fun to just watch w/ him in contention though.

Couldn't be because Fran might potentially show favoritism to his son.. possibly leading some recruits to choose another program for equal opportunity.
again Connor's goal is to play both BB and baseball and was going to RS. what difference should it make as Connor was a 4* PG by Rivals and a top 100 4* PG by ESPN.

Don't know how much you know about Baseball ranking but Connor was rated a 9.5 on a scale of 10, he also was projected to be taken in the 1st 10 rounds straight out of HS.
the whole idea is to get the highest and best BB player in every class, sorry but getting a top 100 4* player is the priority of every college coach. not some 2* nobody because of being afraid of scaring someone else off.

if someone is that worried about competition they don't belong playing D1 BB. besides Fran always rotates players.
Connor will be Bohannon's backup the next 2 years,

agree. his biggest issue is that he still has that desire to step on a drive, and that has to go if he wants to sustain this. when he's swinging smooth, he really looks in control.

he definitely looks like he had some confidence on the greens that I haven't seen in a long time -- putter is working. must be hitting perkins before his rounds again.

been fun to just watch w/ him in contention though.
that OB drive when asked he said he was not fully committed to the shot.

I liked it that he used a Iron to T off.

Tiger we never lost faith in you

I sure as hell did, have a friend who I would always give shit to tell him he’s done. With that said I have loved every minute of the past two weekends and will watch all I can of The Masters hoping he wins. Amazing comeback story if he gets this thing rolling.

Last edited:
would love to see him win but I also realize this will be just his 5th event. give him a couple months of this and he will win another Major or 2.

ADVERTISEMENT