ADVERTISEMENT

Now what?

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
With the Masters ending yesterday, the best sports month of the year (along with March Madness) has concluded. Now we get a 4 month long NBA playoffs and the dog days of baseball. Sure, there will be 3 more majors to watch but that's not enough to fill my calendar.

When does college football start?

With the Masters ending yesterday, the best sports month of the year (along with March Madness) has concluded. Now we get a 4 month long NBA playoffs and the dog days of baseball. Sure, there will be 3 more majors to watch but that's not enough to fill my calendar.

At least there are the Olympics this year, but I do agree with you

Tennessee is ranked #4 in the country in baseball. We are going to Lexington this weekend and will be skinning the Cats! Must see TV!

Reactions: guru_tc

For me, the NHL playoff is about to starts. I got the Bruins, the Celtics and the Red Sox to keep me busy.

Betting on whatever sport happens to be going on that day. Just tell me the line and the betting splits.

wow, it's like you're saying the Stanley Cup playoffs are chopped liver. Best playoff in all of pro sports.

Tennessee is ranked #4 in the country in baseball. We are going to Lexington this weekend and will be skinning the Cats! Must see TV!
Indiana is not a contender this season but a great quick trip to see them play, tailgate and grab a Strom at Nicks after while the crowds are down.

Reactions: della
I guess I'll go back to meaningless sex and threesomes for the next few months.

Bedtime Threesome GIF by Pantaya

Great list.

For those that like soccer there are some great tournaments this summer. Eurocup and Copa America will be big.
I tried to get more into soccer, but I do enjoy it when it's the Olympics and FIFA WC..

Same with hockey, but I just cannot watch on the reg.

Summers, for me, really just means gardening in btwn trips to neighboring states for lake fun. 🫠🥳

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I tried to get more into soccer, but I do enjoy it when it's the Olympics and FIFA WC..

Same with hockey, but I just cannot watch on the reg.

Summers, for me, really just means gardening in btwn trips to neighboring states for lake fun. 🫠🥳
Yup, I spend a lot of time in the garden. I just grow veggies but I put everything in the ground at the end of March here in SC. What do you like to grow in your garden? Are you more into flowers or veggies or a combination of the two?

Yup, I spend a lot of time in the garden. I just grow veggies but I put everything in the ground at the end of March here in SC. What do you like to grow in your garden? Are you more into flowers or veggies or a combination of the two?
Normally cucumber, tomato/es, peppers, watermelon, pumpkin and parsley in the garden beds.
Sometimes potatoes, onions

I do have a wildflower bed in the backyard and a side, dummy garden for the hornworms and caterpillars..

I grow marigolds in the main food beds and giant sunflowers for pm shading.

I have marigold, giant sunflower, tomato and cucumber starters under the lamps rn.. have to wait a little longer before I can plant outdoors, tho.

What do you grow?

Normally cucumber, tomato/es, peppers, watermelon, pumpkin and parsley in the garden beds.
Sometimes potatoes, onions

I do have a wildflower bed in the backyard and a side, dummy garden for the hornworms and caterpillars..

I grow marigolds in the main food beds and giant sunflowers for pm shading.

I have marigold, giant sunflower, tomato and cucumber starters under the lamps rn.. have to wait a little longer before I can plant outdoors, tho.

What do you grow?
I grow a lot of the same. Tomatoes, cukes, squash, okra, hot and bell pepper, zucchini and pole beans. I've desperately tried watermelon but once it's cannon ball size I get end rot. I've treated the soil to get a more balanced pH but still no dice. I've had moderate success with cantaloupe. I will say one thing, I grow a hot pepper strain that is phenomenal. Rooster Spurs are a type of cayenne propagated out of Mississippi 100 years ago. They are tiny and grow up right like tobasco peppers. Very good flavor and the heat level is not overbearing. If you're so inclined.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deepelm and KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT