ADVERTISEMENT

No Clown Team this Week....so far.

cole_aldrich-rg05.jpg

Exactly. That dude would stick out like a sore thumb. Way too many teeth.

what’s it like to have f5 tornadoes?

Well, a few of my friends' houses have been obliterated over the years, and the outskirts of Lawrence were ravaged a few years back, but a serious tornado is pretty rare in this area.

Western KS on the other hand.....

Kansas lost and baracus thinks Kansas is less trash than Kentucky. He’s had a rough day.

There's not much to write home about in Western KS, but I don't live there.

Just funny to me that it's always a Kentuckian dishing out the flyover country, hillbilly, etc insults to Kansans. They think they're New Yorkers.

I've talked to a lot of Kentucky residents through work, and a lot of them fit all the stereotypes and then some. Plenty of decent people there but also some who could use a little self-awareness and humility.

There's not much to write home about in Western KS, but I don't live there.

Just funny to me that it's always a Kentuckian dishing out the flyover country, hillbilly, etc insults to Kansans. They think they're New Yorkers.

I've talked to a lot of Kentucky residents through work, and a lot of them fit all the stereotypes and then some. Plenty of decent people there but also some who could use a little self-awareness and humility.
Horseshit.

Not sure how they rank Kansas below states like Oklahoma and Iowa, but the "beauty" of my state as a whole isn't really high on my priority list. All I said was that I'd rather live in the Lawrence/KC area than anywhere in KY.
Fair enough. I’m sure 99 percent of Kentuckians wouldn’t want to live anywhere in Kansas.

Fair enough. I’m sure 99 percent of Kentuckians wouldn’t want to live anywhere in Kansas.

And no one nationally would rate either as their top destination.

I don't think the Kentucky fans who make these jokes understand that most KU fans live in or around KC, not in Dodge City. I'm not exactly sure which part of Kentucky has any reason to look down upon KC.

Some of the Bourbon distilleries in KY are awesome. Both horse tracks are great times.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting KS but I am sure there are a lot of cool things there.

Yeah, he's from western Kentucky and played for WKU in the 90s. Carson Williams used to play for NKU and transferred to WKU, he was pretty dominant in their win over Memphis today.
Whoa now.

Horn is from Lexington, not Western KY. He played for Tates Creek. Lived here in Lex my whole life, I promise he did lol

Virginia is a good team, but had no business being ranked as high as number 4 entering the season.

The level of close game luck at the end of last year created a mirage that the team was actually top 25 at the end of the season.

Virginia is a good team, but had no business being ranked as high as number 4 entering the season.

The level of close game luck at the end of last year created a mirage that the team was actually top 25 at the end of the season.

I think some of these rankings are a reward of respect over a sustained timeframe, for some of the teams anyway.

The bottom line is their HC has a title and tons of respect and he's in the midst of his run with the program, not on the back end of it.

I don't think the Kentucky fans who make these jokes understand that most KU fans live in or around KC, not in Dodge City. I'm not exactly sure which part of Kentucky has any reason to look down upon KC.
Just like the vast majority of Kentuckians live in the Louisville, Lexington, or Cincinnati metro... not Appalachia.

Whoa now.

Horn is from Lexington, not Western KY. He played for Tates Creek. Lived here in Lex my whole life, I promise he did lol
I know he played at Tates Creek. They lost in the state championship when he was there, just by a hair!

They Probably think 90% of the population of Kansas are Kansas fans like it is in Kentucky. I would say there are wayyyyy more uk fans spread throughout the state than in Lexington.

I honestly didn’t know Lawrence was near Kansas City but I don’t pride myself on my knowledge of geography.

ADVERTISEMENT