ADVERTISEMENT

Helms Titles

I didn't realize you were this big of a homer. Your first 3 paragraphs proves that because you throw a bunch of what if's to back up your argument. When has "what if's" proved a point?

In 2012 KU beat UNC in the tourney. The starting back court didn't play in that game, you haven't seen me or any other UNC fan on here say we would won had Marshall and Strickland played. I will say our chances of winning would of been better had they played. Last year you and other KU fans used Self as an excuse because he wasn't on the side line when you lost to Arkansas but if others use a similar excuse you guys would call that person out.

Bottom line is through out this thread you have showned that you are consistently inconsistent when arguing your points. I'm not the only that sees that you call out others for the same exact thing that you do. I know you don't see it but some see what they want to see.
Mic drop!

63 people voted on this board and 54% agree with you. Technically a majority, but I’d be interested in what a bigger data set would bring or if there were more options in the poll since it stops at 1987 and doesn’t have an option for “other”.

I don’t consider it the modern era but that’s just because the game is so vastly different in other rules, style of play, and coaching/recruiting styles. It’s technically not even the modern tournament format since there is now a first 4, but I get it because most people don’t really consider the tournament started until after those games are played.

Maybe some just don't want to recognize the accomplishments prior to the modern era. IMO you can't pick and choose, it's either all or nothing.

Maybe some just don't want to recognize the accomplishments prior to the modern era. IMO you can't pick and choose, it's either all or nothing.
I think it’s important to know where your program is today and where it’s headed, but if we’re talking about accomplishments then all time is where I prefer to draw the line. The 1957 title = 1982 = 1993 = 2005 = 2009 = 2017.

I think it’s important to know where your program is today and where it’s headed, but if we’re talking about accomplishments then all time is where I prefer to draw the line. The 1957 title = 1982 = 1993 = 2005 = 2009 = 2017.

1946, 1968, 1977, 1981, 2016, 2022, runner up years but I'm not one that's going to go crazy for 2nd place.

1946, 1968, 1977, 1981, 2016, 2022, runner up years but I'm not one that's going to go crazy for 2nd place.
Unpopular opinion, but never been a fan of the Final Four Banners. Now that you mention it Runner-Ups as well.

I guess something has to take up space since we don't whore out player banners.

It's easier to get into @Kevin Bryan whitey tidies than get a banner hung as a player.

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995
Anyone that can't see that today's game is miles different than just 20 years ago, doesn't know what they're looking at.
Saying the modern era started in 1985, just because the NCAAT bracket is close to the same, is mind numbing. Today's game is 1,000 miles different than what it was in the 80's.

Unpopular opinion, but never been a fan of the Final Four Banners. Now that you mention it Runner-Ups as well.

It's easier to get into @Kevin Bryan whitey tidies than get a banner hung as a player.
you-wish-lollipop.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Choosing how you decorate your house is up to the school you root for. Rupp has plenty of space in the Rafters to do that especially with the history you guys have.

Anyone that can't see that today's game is miles different than just 20 years ago, doesn't know what they're looking at.
Saying the modern era started in 1985, just because the NCAAT bracket is close to the same, is mind numbing. Today's game is 1,000 miles different than what it was in the 80's.

The game has changed because of the NBA. it seems like no player can't play 1 position and it's affected the college game.

But you lean on those opinions and treat them as fact.

And I dgaf how many people voted for 1985, to me, the current college game is nothing at all like it was in the 2000's, let alone the 80's.

One-and-done is its own era. NIL is its own era, AAU changed the game and parity is growing with every year. There is no way 1985 is the same as 2023. Y'all are just wrong, simple as that.

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth every time you try to defend yourself and this is just the latest instance.

Unlike you, I don’t try to pass opinions as facts. That’s the whole point of my last like 20 posts. But the funny thing is, that’s what you’re doing in this very post by claiming that every opinion but yours is “wrong.” 😂

The only one who’s been wrong is you. You said that not one person would agree that the modern era started in 1985. That was hilariously wrong. The reality is that almost no one considers the modern era to have started after ‘87.

Name the rules changes that have had a bigger impact on the game than the 3 point line and shot clock.

Unlike you, I don’t try to pass opinions as facts. That’s the whole point of my last like 20 posts. But the funny thing is, that’s what you’re doing in this very post by claiming that every opinion but yours is “wrong.” 😂

The only one who’s been wrong is you. You said that not one person would agree that the modern era started in 1985. That was hilariously wrong. The reality is that almost no one considers the modern era to have started after ‘87.

Name the rules changes that have had a bigger impact on the game than the 3 point line and shot clock.
Transfer portal...not even close dude. The way guys move all over the nation, sometimes 3-4 times in their college careers, has altered the college athletics landscape as we know it. Not even close dude.

I would also say the ability to use technology to overturn calls. Games and winners of games are changed all the time because of calls being overturned. Something that could never have happened in the past. Can effect a team's season, and even their seeding. Has had a huge impact on the game, moreso than adding a 3 pt line or shot clock.

The game has changed because of the NBA. it seems like no player can't play 1 position and it's affected the college game.
There are so many reasons why it's different today.
-The NBA game is massively different and the types of players they want, are much different than they were pre-Curry.
-AAU created a situation where incoming freshmen were far more advanced in their development than they used to be.
-Transfer portal (this is huge)
-Spread offenses
-Physicality
-athletesism
-Speed of the game
-Analytics
-TV money
-The amount of schools putting big emphasis in their basketball programs
-NIL
-68 teams in the NCAAT
-HOF coaches retiring (Smith, K, Dean Smith, Calhoun, Crum)
-rule changes, the offensive charge rule is massive by itself.

There are more I'm sure, but just watching the games should tell you all you need to know.

The fact that you truly believe this, should tell you all you need to know. You are the definition of using opinions as fact.

I didn't realize you were this big of a homer. Your first 3 paragraphs proves that because you throw a bunch of what if's to back up your argument. When has "what if's" proved a point?

In 2012 KU beat UNC in the tourney. The starting back court didn't play in that game, you haven't seen me or any other UNC fan on here say we would won had Marshall and Strickland played. I will say our chances of winning would of been better had they played. Last year you and other KU fans used Self as an excuse because he wasn't on the side line when you lost to Arkansas but if others use a similar excuse you guys would call that person out.

Bottom line is through out this thread you have showned that you are consistently inconsistent when arguing your points. I'm not the only that sees that you call out others for the same exact thing that you do. I know you don't see it but some see what they want to see.

I see you went ahead and misconstrued everything I said anyway. If you think I was making excuses, you missed the whole point.

Notice how the two of you always have to resort to telling me what I “would” do or what I think? I know what I think and what I’ve said.

Btw, it’s funny that you claim that you don’t make excuses for 2012 even though you somehow work that into every conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
The fact that you truly believe this, should tell you all you need to know. You are the definition of using opinions as fact.

Nope. But I’m through explaining why you’re wrong. It’s a full time job.

Are you going to tell me which rules changes have had a bigger impact than the 3 pointer and shot clock?

Nope. But I’m through explaining why you’re wrong. It’s a full time job.

Are you going to tell me which rules changes have had a bigger impact than the 3 pointer and shot clock?
Nobody said any rule change was bigger than another. So again, this is another example of how you twist what everyone, including you, says.

I literally listed a ton of changes that have happened since the 2000's and some that occurred in the 90's. Never once did I say any were bigger than the 3 point shot.

The 3 point shot is only an argument for comparing the pre 3 point shot era to the 3 point shot era. In case you haven't noticed, the 3 point shot still exists, it is still a thing, only, it's a longer shot now then what is was in the 80's, so thanks for bringing that up, add three point arch length to the list.

You already took the L, you're just making it worse now.

63 people voted on this board and 54% agree with you. Technically a majority, but I’d be interested in what a bigger data set would bring or if there were more options in the poll since it stops at 1987 and doesn’t have an option for “other”.

I don’t consider it the modern era but that’s just because the game is so vastly different in other rules, style of play, and coaching/recruiting styles. It’s technically not even the modern tournament format since there is now a first 4, but I get it because most people don’t really consider the tournament started until after those games are played.

I’m not just going by the result of that poll. I was actually surprised the percentage wasn’t higher. I’ve seen 85 cited far more than any other year. Quite a few would say 87 too. Either way, from my experience, the vast majority consider it to be in the mid-80s.

Transfer portal...not even close dude. The way guys move all over the nation, sometimes 3-4 times in their college careers, has altered the college athletics landscape as we know it. Not even close dude.

I would also say the ability to use technology to overturn calls. Games and winners of games are changed all the time because of calls being overturned. Something that could never have happened in the past. Can effect a team's season, and even their seeding. Has had a huge impact on the game, moreso than adding a 3 pt line or shot clock.

Transfer portal isn’t a rule change.

Before the shot clock, it wasn’t too uncommon for games to end with scores like 15-10. And you think the portal and overturning calls had more of an impact on the game? LOL. Give me a break.

Nobody said any rule change was bigger than another. So again, this is another example of how you twist what everyone, including you, says.

So there haven’t been any bigger rules changes than those in the 80s, but we’re “wrong” for considering that the start of the modern era. Makes sense.

I literally listed a ton of changes that have happened since the 2000's and some that occurred in the 90's. Never once did I say any were bigger than the 3 point shot.

The 3 point shot is only an argument for comparing the pre 3 point shot era to the 3 point shot era. In case you haven't noticed, the 3 point shot still exists, it is still a thing, only, it's a longer shot now then what is was in the 80's, so thanks for bringing that up, add three point arch length to the list.

You already took the L, you're just making it worse now.

What L have I taken? 😂

Again, you’re the only one who’s taken an L. And a massive one. How delusional can you be?

Transfer portal isn’t a rule change.

Before the shot clock, it wasn’t too uncommon for games to end with scores like 15-10. And you think the portal and overturning calls had more of an impact on the game? LOL. Give me a break.
Oh, so they had the transfer portal in 1985?

So there haven’t been any bigger rules changes than those in the 80s, but we’re “wrong” for considering that the start of the modern era. Makes sense.

What L have I taken? 😂

Again, you’re the only one who’s taken an L. And a massive one. How delusional can you be?
Again, nobody said anything about what rule chanfe was the biggest, so I have no idea why you keep saying that.

You are one dense mfer

I see you went ahead and misconstrued everything I said anyway. If you think I was making excuses, you missed the whole point.

Notice how the two of you always have to resort to telling me what I “would” do or what I think? I know what I think and what I’ve said.

Btw, it’s funny that you claim that you don’t make excuses for 2012 even though you somehow work that into every conversation.

My point was I didn't make any excuses in 2012. Last year you and your homies did just that.

The point, you idiot, is that you keep insisting that it doesn’t make sense to consider the mid 80s the start of the modern era. Start of the shot clock era, the three pointer,
Oh my god, how freaking stupid.

So, by that logic, because the 3 point shot was invented in 1985, it means that is the start of an era that lasts through infinity????? How stupid are you?

So what, the 3 point shot was invented in '85, but since then, there has been so many chanfes to the game, that you could argue there has been multiple eras since the 80's.

So, it WAS the fact that the NCAAT bracket was created, that was shut down, so now, it's the 3 point shot. Apparently that means the 3 point shot era is going to ladt, what, 1500 years?

Oh my god, how freaking stupid.

So, by that logic, because the 3 point shot was invented in 1985, it means that is the start of an era that lasts through infinity????? How stupid are you?

So what, the 3 point shot was invented in '85, but since then, there has been so many chanfes to the game, that you could argue there has been multiple eras since the 80's.

So, it WAS the fact that the NCAAT bracket was created, that was shut down, so now, it's the 3 point shot. Apparently that means the 3 point shot era is going to ladt, what, 1500 years?

I didn’t finish that post. Within a two year period were probably the two biggest rule changes in the history of the game, plus the first year of the current tourney format.

Omigod, how stoopid to suggest the modern era started then! Everyone but KYJeff is so stoopid! 😆

No one said you can’t make an argument for other periods or multiple periods. That’s just your reading disability rearing its head again. All I’ve said is the vast majority consider the modern era to have started in the 80s. That’s going to remain true no matter how many tantrums you throw.

You calling anyone else stupid is rich. Everything has to be explained to you 600 times and usually you still don’t get it. Least self-aware poster on here by far…and that’s saying something.

Last edited:
My point was I didn't make any excuses in 2012. Last year you and your homies did just that.

It wasn’t something I brought up often, but do I think they’d have won if Self had coached? Probably. They lost by a point after having a double digit lead for most of the game. Roberts failed to make simple adjustments that I think Self would have made. But they would have probably lost to UConn in the next round anyway, so it doesn’t bother me that much.

If you think UNC would have won with your PG, fine. Maybe they would have. Not sure where you get the idea that I’m not tolerant of that opinion. But I do laugh when, for example, Jeff tries to use the absence of one of their 10 blue chippers as an excuse for losing to a terrible midmajor at home.

I didn’t finish that post. Within a two year period were probably the two biggest rule changes in the history of the game, plus the first year of the current tourney format.

Omigod, how stoopid to suggest the modern era started then, right? Everyone but KYJeff is so stoopid! 😂

No one said you can’t make an argument for other periods or multiple periods. That’s just your reading disability rearing its head again. All I’ve said is the vast majority consider the modern era to have started in the 80s. That’s going to remain true no matter how many tantrums you throw.

You calling anyone else stupid is hilarious. Everything has to be explained to you 600 times. And you usually still don’t get it. Least self-aware poster on here by far…and that’s saying something. 😆
I'll agree that the first year of the 3 point shot is the beginning of THAT era, but once AAU became a thing, a new era started. Once one-and-done started, that began a new era, once Steph Curry changed the game to a spread offense, a new era began, once the transfer portal started, a new era began and once NIL started, a new era began…

The 3 point shot era doesn’t just last forever.

It wasn’t something I brought up often, but do I think they’d have won if Self had coached? Probably. They lost by a point after having a double digit lead for most of the game. Roberts failed to make simple adjustments that I think Self would have made. But they would have probably lost to UConn in the next round anyway, so it doesn’t bother me that much.

If you think UNC would have won with your PG, fine. Maybe they would have. Not sure where you get the idea that I’m not tolerant of that opinion. But I do laugh when, for example, Jeff tries to use the absence of one of their 10 blue chippers as an excuse for losing to a terrible midmajor at home.
You think UK was only missing one guy in that game? I count 3 (Wagner, Ugo, Z), including the starting pg.

But I also said it was a complete systems failure and UNCW simply won the game. UK had more talent on the floor at all times and they had home court advantage. Heck, the refs even tried to help, we still couldn't win.

I'll agree that the first year of the 3 point shot is the beginning of THAT era, but once AAU became a thing, a new era started. Once one-and-done started, that began a new era, once Steph Curry changed the game to a spread offense, a new era began, once the transfer portal started, a new era began and once NIL started, a new era began…

The 3 point shot era doesn’t just last forever.

If you walked into a shop full of comic book nerds talking about the golden and silver ages of comics, would you be like “No, no, no... Whoever came up with those eras is flat wrong.”

It is what it is. You can have your own idea of what the modern era (or eras) should be, but the vast majority consider it to be mid-80s-present. So that’s what I refer to. You act like I’m making it up to fit my argument, but that’s what you’re doing.

If you walked into a shop full of comic book nerds talking about the golden and silver ages of comics, would you be like “No, no, no... Whoever came up with those eras is flat wrong.”

It is what it is. You can have your own idea of what the modern era (or eras) should be, but the vast majority consider it to be mid-80s-present. So that’s what I refer to. You act like I’m making it up to fit my argument, but that’s what you’re doing.
And none if that makes sense. Eras don't last 40 years, especially when there has been this much change and especially knowing how different the game is today compared to the 80's.

And none if that makes sense. Eras don't last 40 years, especially when there has been this much change and especially knowing how different the game is today compared to the 80's.

LOL. You’re just not getting it. It doesn’t matter what you think it should be. What matters is what it’s commonly understood to be. Claiming it’s stupid to reference established standards just makes you look like a child.

So you think there should be like 500 eras throughout history? Which one are we in now? The post-post-post-modern era?

And where are you getting this nonsense that an era can’t last 40 years? I love how you just make stuff like this up and expect people to adopt your thinking.

Jeff in history class: The Stone Age couldn’t have lasted 2 million years! Crazy talk!!! 🤣

You think UK was only missing one guy in that game? I count 3 (Wagner, Ugo, Z), including the starting pg.

But I also said it was a complete systems failure and UNCW simply won the game. UK had more talent on the floor at all times and they had home court advantage. Heck, the refs even tried to help, we still couldn't win.

Yeah, 5 first rounders plus Reeves and Mitchell just isn’t gonna cut it when dealing with a team that hung tough with Towson, Drexel and E Carolina. If only they had that guy who averages 2 ppg and the dude who’s never played in a college game.

Then again, you did tell me that “Z” is already better than Hunter Dickinson. Maybe you’ve got a point. 🤣

LOL. You’re just not getting it. It doesn’t matter what you think it should be. What matters is what it’s commonly understood to be. Claiming it’s stupid to reference established standards just makes you look like a child.

So you think there should be like 500 eras throughout history? Which one are we in now? The post-post-post-modern era?

And where are you getting this nonsense that an era can’t last 40 years? I love how you just make stuff like this up and expect people to adopt your thinking.

Jeff in history class: The Stone Age couldn’t have lasted 2 million years! Crazy talk!!! 🤣
You’re seriously comparing the stone age to a sports era? How stupid is that?

Where did I say I think there should be 5 eras? While there can't be an era for every change, you can't just act like 2023 is the same game as 1985.

One-and-done is an era. NIL is an era. I get it, the introduction of the 3 point shot, was massive, but so are those other things.

Yeah, 5 first rounders plus Reeves and Mitchell just isn’t gonna cut it when dealing with a team that hung tough with Towson, Drexel and E Carolina. If only they had that guy who averages 2 ppg and the dude who’s never played in a college game.

Then again, you did tell me that “Z” is already better than Hunter Dickinson. Maybe you’ve got a point. 🤣
Where did I say Z was better than Hunter??? That's a lie.

Those 5 first rounders are freshmen and when you're missing the guy who has been your starting pg throughout the entire summer and early season, you are weakened.

But the bottom line is, UK's defense is God awful and that’s why they lost. They can't guard anybody.

A&M averages less than 60ppg, they got 89 in regulation yesterday. That’s bad.

Where did I say Z was better than Hunter??? That's a lie.

Around the start of the year you said he’s better because he’s projected to be drafted. Which is doubly hilarious, because you’re also the guy who constantly reminds everybody that draft stock is meaningless since freshmen are drafted on potential.

ADVERTISEMENT