ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll

Is that it? You’ll go play St.Johns but laugh at Wofford? So, K has found a big name team from the past that’s awful now.
Again. I am not laughing at unc for playing at Wofford. I am laughing at YOU for making it out to be anything more than what it is. And hey, Duke lost to St Johns last year.

Again. I am not laughing at unc for playing at Wofford. I am laughing at YOU for making it out to be anything more than what it is. And hey, Duke lost to St Johns last year.
All this started as a joke & Rival fans let it bother them.
It’s a bitch playing on the road, isn’t it? No wonder Dook doesn’t play a true road game till January 8th. The St.Johns game still haunting K?

Playing in Woffords gym and Elon’s brand new facility aren’t true road game? I guess UNC has to schedule more games in New Jersey.
They are not true road games in the sense that they can be used to put unc on some kind of pedestal. They are true road games by definition, sure. It's just silly to rag on Duke for playing on Neutral sites when the only leg you have to stand on is Wofford and Elon. It's funny and quite desperate for a fan of one of the winningest programs of all time.

They are not true road games in the sense that they can be used to put unc on some kind of pedestal. They are true road games by definition, sure. It's just silly to rag on Duke for playing on Neutral sites when the only leg you have to stand on is Wofford and Elon. It's funny and quite desperate for a fan of one of the winningest programs of all time.

UNC
@Wofford
@Elon.
@Michigan.

Dook
@?????????

Still better than ....... ZERO.
In what way? Duke plays in the champions classic every year. Playing one of MSU, Kansas or Kentucky on a neutral court is WAYYYYYYYY more of a challenge than playing at Army or at Ferris State. Duke also plays in tournaments just like most schools. There is literally no benefit to playing at Wofford other than for fans on internet message boards to pound their chests over. Again. Silly.

In what way? Duke plays in the champions classic every year. Playing one of MSU, Kansas or Kentucky on a neutral court is WAYYYYYYYY more of a challenge than playing at Army or at Ferris State. Duke also plays in tournaments just like most schools. There is literally no benefit to playing at Wofford other than for fans on internet message boards to pound their chests over. Again. Silly.
UNC plays a tougher non schedule than Dook & still plays true OOC road games.
We’re in the cbs classic with Uk,UCLA & Ohio st
Play in Vegas with Texas, Michigan St, UCLA
Just signed a home & home with Gonzaga, which we start this year in chapel hill.

So what we're saying isn't true? UNC fans are comfortable with the state of the program and yes we are ragging on Duke for not scheduling true road games in Nov/Dec. That's not an act of desperation, it's a fact. So when UNC plays Duke in Cameron is that a true road game? If Duke played Elon,Wofford or even NC Central on the road I would view those as a road games. Again we know that's not top flight competition but the games happened in their house.

Just signed a home & home with Gonzaga, which we start this year in chapel hill.
On the real. This is pretty cool.
So what we're saying isn't true? UNC fans are comfortable with the state of the program and yes we are ragging on Duke for not scheduling true road games in Nov/Dec. That's not an act of desperation, it's a fact. So when UNC plays Duke in Cameron is that a true road game? If Duke played Elon,Wofford or even NC Central on the road I would view those as a road games. Again we know that's not top flight competition but the games happened in their house.
I have explained my POV to the extent that I am willing to. You guys think playing those two teams on the road is courageous, I don't think it's anything to brag about.

Y'all look solid this year, good luck.

I have explained my POV to the extent that I am willing to. You guys think playing those two teams on the road is courageous, I don't think it's anything to brag about.

We sucked in the second half of last night's game. Lot more games to be played.

Like I said, it started as a joke but rival fans blew it out of proportion.

Not really, you just got stuck on repeat and rival fans finally made a comment about it then you doubled down.
Again, maybe your favorite team should actually play a road game before you talk shit about someone else’s.

Maybe they are helping them out. Army and Eastern Michigan benefit more probably by coming to Cameron. So do the ivy league schools. If you were them, would you want them coming to your gym or going to legendary Cameron?

No one really benefits from coming to CIS except as a paycheck. They would benefit more from Duke going there for sure. That doesn't mean Duke should. That isn't K's thing and it is fine.

I don't think people should worship Roy because he isn't scared to schedule road games. I do think (and he does on a national level actually) he deserves credit for doing it when most coaches would not. It isn't any more or less than that.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
No one really benefits from coming to CIS except as a paycheck. They would benefit more from Duke going there for sure. That doesn't mean Duke should. That isn't K's thing and it is fine.

I don't think people should worship Roy because he isn't scared to schedule road games. I do think (and he does on a national level actually) he deserves credit for doing it when most coaches would not. It isn't any more or less than that.
He does deserve credit. Just not praise.

K isn’t scared. He chooses to play in bigger markets and on bigger stages.

K isn’t scared. He chooses to play in bigger markets and on bigger stages.

Eh, I disagree. Roy plays in both. It isn't an either/ or. I think he thinks there is a benefit to the road games. I think most coaches are a little apprehensive about them. I mean, I think it is reasonable to be kind of fearful tbh. Road games, even against MM competition, can be tough and the benefit to winning that game isn't as potentially damaging as the impact of a loss. Not sure why this is such a big deal to you guys.

I think he is. I mean, I think it is reasonable to be kind of fearful tbh. Road games, even against MM competition, can be tough and the benefit to winning that game isn't as potentially damaging as the impact of a loss. Not sure why this is such a big deal to you guys.

You’re free to think how you want. Obviously. But K chooses to take his teams to play at places like MSG and Barclays Center. Which is more appealing to both the fan base an recruits?

Hey RJ Barrett were going on the road to Elon next year. Oh no, sorry I decided to not play a neutral game at MSG because I figured you’d rather play at Elon.

Geezus. I’m not going to get into a 8 page argument with you 3 unc fans but man it’s insane how proud you are of playing at Elon in comparison to Duke playing at MSG etc. unreal.

Reactions: Quavarius
You’re free to think how you want. Obviously. But K chooses to take his teams to play at places like MSG and Barclays Center. Which is more appealing to both the fan base an recruits?

Hey RJ Barrett were going on the road to Elon next year. Oh no, sorry I decided to not play a neutral game at MSG because I figured you’d rather play at Elon.

Geezus. I’m not going to get into a 8 page argument with you 3 unc fans but man it’s insane how proud you are of playing at Elon in comparison to Duke playing at MSG etc. unreal.

I mean, you are the one making it into more than what it is with me. You are kind of defensive about K here. I get his reasoning. There are no issues with it. Good for him. Dude has been really successful doing it his way. Again, Roy plays in big neutral venues as well. It isn't an either/or. The coaches differ on the value they see in road games. I don't think fear drives the bus but I think it at least plays a small part for coaches.

I mean, you are the one making it into more than what it is with me. You are kind of defensive about K here. I get his reasoning. There are no issues with it. Good for him. Dude has been really successful doing it his way. Again, Roy plays in big neutral venues as well. It isn't an either/or. The coaches differ on the value they see in road games. I don't think fear drives the bus but I think it at least plays a small part for coaches.

No man. I’m not defensive at all. Thats the issue here. You 3 unc fans get an opinion that’s different than yours and all the sudden im the person that’s defensive. No, I’m the person offering a rational objective opinion different from yours. That’s not defensive man.

I get it. You’re proud Roy plays at Elon. I’m happy K chooses to play at MSG and the Barclay Center.

But don’t come at me with being defensive because I offer a different opinion to yours. Thats weak.

No man. I’m not defensive at all. Thats the issue here. You 3 unc fans get an opinion that’s different than yours and all the sudden im the person that’s defensive. No, I’m the person offering a rational objective opinion different from yours. That’s not defensive man.

I get it. You’re proud Roy plays at Elon. I’m happy K chooses to play at MSG and the Barclay Center.

But don’t come at me with being defensive because I offer a different opinion to yours. Thats weak.

Yeah, that's cool about K. I've acknowledged that. You aren't being defensive because of that. You are being defensive by talking about K being scared when I was simply talking about Roy. I wasn't even comparing the two there, just discussing how I feel about Roy.

Yeah, that's cool about K. I've acknowledged that. You aren't being defensive because of that. You are being defensive by talking about K being scared when I was simply talking about Roy. I wasn't even comparing the two there, just discussing how I feel about Roy.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted that my bad.

You are in the land of oz with that BS post.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
giphy.gif
RollLaugh

Yeah I poked at your non-stop road game posts, I'm sure if I stop bringing it up you'll stop posting the same thing over and over. Let's find out.
Dude has a template response for everything.

Although, he does root for Duke over UK, so that's something for you'ens.

ADVERTISEMENT