ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll

I know. Hard to believe they are still behind in titles considering how much better their teams have been over the years. I assume superior coaching has to be the only reasonable explanation.

Yeah.

Coaching.

That’s the ticket.

;)

Duke beat a team ranked higher than them and Kentucky was favored. Kansas beat a 10th ranked team by 4. K could’ve beaten Kentucky by 50, but he’s getting softer as he ages!

I wouldn’t have an issue with KU still at #1, but you can’t be surprised that Duke is there either based on their performance.
Think Duke is a great team and just my opinion of course however, UK did not play up to near their potential and even struggled with S.Ill the next game. Could see them jumping UK but would wait till after Maui to put them at #1.

I think the biggest reason Duke jumped to #1 over Kansas is because we played and won 2 games last week whereas Kansas only played and won 1 game. It definitely doesn’t take anything away from Kansas though because they’re still a great team this year.

Ehhh... I don’t think that it’s the Army win that did it;)

Yup. K has the same amount of titles as Roy and Dean combined!

That’s a crazy stat. Roy still has time to add to his total, of course. Wtf happened with Dean? He had INSANE talent.

As for the poll, Kansas should be #1. But, I like seeing Duke there. Let those egos grow, and die in March.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Ehhh... I don’t think that it’s the Army win that did it;)

That’s a crazy stat. Roy still has time to add to his total, of course. Wtf happened with Dean? He had INSANE talent.

What happened last year? In case you have amnesia K has pissed away some talent too.

Duke lost in the Elite 8 to No. 1 seed Kansas in overtime. UNC got smoked by Texas A&M in a virtual home game. Let’s not ask what happened last year (ya still my man @AWilli6995)

We got smoked, not gonna lie but the year before who got smoked and who cut down the nets? And you bring up home games and I'll raise you with Mercer and Lehigh. SmokinSmile

Reactions: Quavarius
If I were a Kansas fan, I would be pretty damn mad right now. Y’all are the real number 1. After 2 games how can just jump Kansas?

I'll play Devil's advocate. Kansas was PRE-SEASON #1 based on paper stats........now that we are 2 games in, how can you not think Duke is the best team?

I said before the season started we were wasting our time, duke will go 40-0. The parade will go through Raleigh, as unc fans get selfies with coach k.

I'll play Devil's advocate. Kansas was PRE-SEASON #1 based on paper stats........now that we are 2 games in, how can you not think Duke is the best team?
I’m just saying Kansas is nothing to shake a stick at. They aren’t Virginia(no offense moss) where they would likely give up the number 1 spot anyways, Kansas is legit

What happened last year? In case you have amnesia K has pissed away some talent too.

Oh, teams lose. Don’t get me wrong. Teams full of freshmen DEFINITELY lose. But Dean had guys like Jordan, Worthy, Ford, Daugherty, Stack, Sheed, Jameson, etc etc etc etc. Like, LOTS of that sort of talent. UNCs all time starting five is INSANE... like, NBA HOF insane... and just about all of them played under Dean (except maybe Hans? Could you make an argument he would start?). It’s just surprising Dean didn’t win a few more. I don’t think this is a crazy statement... UNC fans have been sort of saying it for years (although carefully, because it’s dangerous to question Dean:) )

I, like many other reasonable uk fans knew we would get our ass beat by duke. They will probably go unbeaten. That doesn’t mean Kansas should just relinquish the top dog spot because we laid an egg.
Do what? You wrote a three paragraph drunken explanation of why Duke didn't have the experience, shooters or the depth to hang with Kentucky. For shit's sake, you said it was Duke's super bowl.

Oh, teams lose. Don’t get me wrong. Teams full of freshmen DEFINITELY lose. But Dean had guys like Jordan, Worthy, Ford, Daugherty, Stack, Sheed, Jameson, etc etc etc etc. Like, LOTS of that sort of talent. UNCs all time starting five is INSANE... like, NBA HOF insane... and just about all of them played under Dean (except maybe Hans? Could you make an argument he would start?). It’s just surprising Dean didn’t win a few more. I don’t think this is a crazy statement... UNC fans have been sort of saying it for years (although carefully, because it’s dangerous to question Dean:) )

I'll be the first one to say we should of won more titles but you can say the same thing with K. Freshman or upper class men, it doesn't matter and I will go back to last years Duke team.

Reactions: tw3301
I'll be the first one to say we should of won more titles but you can say the same thing with K. Freshman or upper class men, it doesn't matter and I will go back to last years Duke team.

Eh, I’m not convinced with K. Which team... 99? That’s about the only one that was completely dominant and shit the bed. Five titles in the time he has coached feels about right, given the vagaries of a lose and you are out tournament.

And yes, obviously age matters.

Eh, I’m not convinced with K. Which team... 99? That’s about the only one that was completely dominant and shit the bed. Five titles in the time he has coached feels about right, given the vagaries of a lose and you are out tournament.

And yes, obviously age matters.

Age doesn't matter because K is knee deep in OAD. So you're saying K never lost when Duke was favored to win a title?

I agree, if it was a playoff system it would be different but it's tough to win 6 games in March.

Last years Duke team reminds me a little of the 94 Tar Heel team. Win it all in 93, lose Lynch to graduation but add Wallace and
Stackhouse.
Both were most talented teams but fell short.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Do what? You wrote a three paragraph drunken explanation of why Duke didn't have the experience, shooters or the depth to hang with Kentucky. For shit's sake, you said it was Duke's super bowl.
I’ve finally seen the light, it’s duke, they are the goat. The sooner we all realize that, the sooner life can get back to normal

We got smoked, not gonna lie but the year before who got smoked and who cut down the nets? And you bring up home games and I'll raise you with Mercer and Lehigh. SmokinSmile

At...you said last season, lol which also included a true home loss to Wofford.

Good luck with Stanford tonight. See a lot of empty seats in the Nose Dome!

ADVERTISEMENT