ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll

I don't get it... They already won 2 in November.
True, unfortunately the next 3 in November will be much harder. UK is a good team but they don't have the Coaching Duke does. Pearl is a dam good Coach and they have a much more experienced team that will cause Duke some problems. Duke can win if they play smart but it will be much closer than UK was.

True, unfortunately the next 3 in November will be much harder. UK is a good team but they don't have the Coaching Duke does. Pearl is a dam good Coach and they have a much more experienced team that will cause Duke some problems. Duke can win if they play smart but it will be much closer than UK was.
Every game Duke plays for the rest of the year will be much closer than the UK game was.

I'll play Devil's advocate. Kansas was PRE-SEASON #1 based on paper stats........now that we are 2 games in, how can you not think Duke is the best team?

For the same reason. They moved up based in part on beating a team that was ranked 2 in the preseason (paper stats) but clearly isn't that team yet. I'm not saying it isn't reasonable to think Duke should be one but it it basically the same argument at this point in the season. I think you can make an argument Kansas beat a much better team than Duke has. Yet they dropped because of this.

Again, I understand the reasoning for Duke. I'm not saying it is outlandish or anything.

Last edited:
We are getting closer...:D Play #24 Marquette, Wednesday. In Bloomington.Winking

Reactions: KisteK
K has left UNC in the dust. Next up: Kentucky

Every game Duke plays for the rest of the year will be much closer than the UK game was.

Ha ha, that was a good one.
giphy.gif

If I were a Kansas fan, I would be pretty damn mad right now. Y’all are the real number 1. After 2 games how can just jump Kansas?
I didn’t expect us to jump to #1 but I can kind of understand why. We’ve played and won 2 games last week with one of those wins coming against the #2 ranked team in dominating fashion but Kansas only played and won one game last week albeit that one team was the #10 ranked team.

Are we seriously going to ignore the fact that there's voters out there who had Furman and Penn in the top 25?! Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fvck

Obviously K is chicken shit for not playing at Wofford or Elon. I am sure unc was supposed to host Michigan in the ACC/B1G challenge, but Roy said: 'Nah, who do you think we are, Duke? We'll play this one on the road.'

What a weird obsession some of you unc guys have with Duke's schedule.

UNC got hosed by the voters, no doubt. No other Power 6 Head Coach has the tenacity and courage of Roy Williams to open the season with two true road games. Can't believe they didn't receive a single first-place vote after ultra impressive wins over the likes of Wofford and Elon... Voters are still probably salty after UNC skated last year. Go figure.

Obviously K is chicken shit for not playing at Wofford or Elon. I am sure unc was supposed to host Michigan in the ACC/B1G challenge, but Roy said: 'Nah, who do you think we are, Duke? We'll play this one on the road.'

What a weird obsession some of you unc guys have with Duke's schedule.
I've never seen any fan base brag about playing Wofford. Yes, we know it was a road game.

I've never seen any fan base brag about playing Wofford. Yes, we know it was a road game.

Yes, well, you're not getting the full picture. The Wofford athletic department was branding this game as, "The Biggest Sporting Event in Spartanburg History." Clearly UNC receives credit where credit is due. Not many Power 6 schools would be willing to come into a hostile environment of the 163rd ranked school from last year (KenPom).

No one bragged about the quality of the opponent. Just pointing out that Duke doesn’t play a true road game till ACC play and in some years maybe in the ACC/Big 10 challenge.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
No one bragged about the quality of the opponent. Just pointing out that Duke doesn’t play a true road game till ACC play and in some years maybe in the ACC/Big 10 challenge.
This... UK isn’t much better. The only OOC game they play is at UL & that’s every other year.

unc isn't much better. Only true road game they play is at Michigan. Which is only because it is in the ACC/B1G challenge.
Wrong. Carolina plays 3 this year & played 3 last year. How many years would we have to add up For Dook to have 6 OOC road games?

Wrong. Carolina plays 3 this year & played 3 last year. How many years would we have to add up For Dook to have 6 OOC road games?
At Wofford and at Elon are not true road games. We would be getting ripped apart if us Duke fans tried to act like playing at those schools was anything more than blowing teams out in front of their home crowd. You guys are embarrassing yourselves by making a big deal out of playing there.

At Wofford and at Elon are not true road games. We would be getting ripped apart if us Duke fans tried to act like playing at those schools was anything more than blowing teams out in front of their home crowd. You guys are embarrassing yourselves by making a big deal out of playing there.
Honestly, you’re embarrassing yourself trying to make fun of something that Dook is scared to do.
I’ve seen Dook’s schedule, they play plenty of mid major programs. Why not help one of those teams out & play at their gym?

Honestly, you’re embarrassing yourself trying to make fun of something that Dook is scared to do.
I’ve seen Dook’s schedule, they play plenty of mid major programs. Why not help one of those teams out & play at their gym?
Maybe they are helping them out. Army and Eastern Michigan benefit more probably by coming to Cameron. So do the ivy league schools. If you were them, would you want them coming to your gym or going to legendary Cameron?

Not making fun of the fact that unc plays at Wofford and Elon. I am making fun of the fact that you think it was courageous to do so. For such a prestigious program with blue blood status like unc has, their fans sure are insecure.

Every blue blood program has lost to a mid major in their history. Most of the time is on a neutral site in the tournament. The odds of a mid major team beating a blue blood at the blue blood gym is very small but it has happened. UNC is in a no win situation by playing mid majors on the road but still do it.
Dook has a history of never playing true OOC road games. Outside of the ACC/ Big 10 challenge, where was their last true road game?

Off the top of my head, UNC has scheduled home & Homes with UK, Arizona, Texas & UCONN since Roy has been here. I’m sure there’s more if I look.... want to list Dook’s Home & Homes?

Last edited:
I’m curious here. What’s the point of spelling Duke incorrectly? It comes across as about as good as when someone says uncheat*

Is there any real reason for this other than being a complete dunce? If you’re older than 12 and you still get some kind of satisfaction out of it I’m serious as to what it is. And I’m being compete honest, no troll.

@uncfan in ky

Any answer?

Last edited:

Playing in Woffords gym and Elon’s brand new facility aren’t true road game? I guess UNC has to schedule more games in New Jersey.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
ADVERTISEMENT