ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA will not release a bracket today!

What’s their problem? Is it really that hard to provide some recognition to kids who worked their asses off to earn a goal?

I’m with you. At least give the teams/players/fans something!

Every D1 team would have to sign off on the regular season champion being considered the autobid

Good luck with that

They wouldn’t have to sign off on sh** the selection committee could make/change the rules as they see fit. This is all hypothetical and unprecedented anyways, they wouldn’t need any schools permission or agreement on the auto bids, they could just do it.

That being said I don’t see the point in releasing a bracket to a tourney that’s not gonna be played.

They wouldn’t have to sign off on sh** the selection committee could make/change the rules as they see fit. This is all hypothetical and unprecedented anyways, they wouldn’t need any schools permission or agreement on the auto bids, they could just do it.

That being said I don’t see the point in releasing a bracket to a tourney that’s not gonna be played.

When Bonuses are involved that is not the case

Every D1 team would have to sign off on the regular season champion being considered the autobid

Good luck with that

That’s not true. Every league has to have a rule in place for what happens when their conference tournament is unable to be completed (for a variety of reasons).

Reactions: jhmossy
That’s not true. Every league has to have a rule in place for what happens when their conference tournament is unable to be completed (for a variety of reasons).

We were told the colleges and conferences would have to sign off on changes such as the selection procedures and would then have to sign off on the bracket having legal standing.

NCAA wasn’t going to waste their time or money to go through that for a bracket that wasn’t going to get played.

We were told the colleges and conferences would have to sign off on changes such as the selection procedures and would then have to sign off on the bracket having legal standing.

NCAA wasn’t going to waste their time or money to go through that for a bracket that wasn’t going to get played.

Who’s we?

When Bonuses are involved that is not the case

Where are bonuses coming from if they didn’t play any of the games and made 0 revenue from the tourney. I would agree if the tourney was postponed, yea ud have to have everyone on the same page. But the tourney is canceled so why would they need anyone’s permission to create a pointless bracket. Nvm I don’t really even care. Whole premise of making a bracket for a canceled tourney is stupid imo, but to each their own.

Where are bonuses coming from if they didn’t play any of the games and made 0 revenue from the tourney. I would agree if the tourney was postponed, yea ud have to have everyone on the same page. But the tourney is canceled so why would they need anyone’s permission to create a pointless bracket. Nvm I don’t really even care. Whole premise of making a bracket for a canceled tourney is stupid imo, but to each their own.
Because nearly every single coach and staff has bonuses built into their contracts for making the tournament

For bottom-tier programs like Kansas State, contract extensions are given just for making the field.

Hell, Bruce’s second best tournament ‘run’ was winning a play-in game. That performance is a highlight on Bruce’s resume.

just make your own bracket. It would be just as relevant as anything the NCAA put out.

Delay the draft since the NBA is on hold and play the damn tournament in the next 2-3 months when the pannickers have stabilized and are back on their meds.

Should have done the bracket, teams had a regular season to prove how good they were. NCAA never does anything right.

ADVERTISEMENT