ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA comes back at Kansas guns blazin'

I appreciate your attempt to defect, but UK wasn't even in his top 3. I wonder why?

Are you sure? You should inform CBS Sports of this.

Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility.

Do you really think anyone’s buying the innocent bit? Merl Code directly called out UK in a wiretap convo and no one would know better than he. Gassnola called out UK in the same conversation that the NCAA wants to slam Self for.

We have evidence that Hagans, Bam, Vanderbilt, etc either got paid or there were plans to.

Zion may have been out of their budget.

Honest question...5 level 1’s and your think KU skates?
LinearOfficialKudu-max-1mb.gif

Honest question...5 level 1’s and your think KU skates?

UNC did. But no, I don’t expect that. I’m just laughing at the clowns talking about several year bans. Who all happen to be Kentucky fans. Laughing

Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility.

Do you really think anyone’s buying the innocent bit? Merl Code directly called out UK in a wiretap convo and no one would know better than he. Gassnola called out UK in the same conversation that the NCAA wants to slam Self for.

We have evidence that Hagans, Bam, Vanderbilt, etc either got paid or there were plans to.

Yes, I'm sure. Zion has said UK wasn't top 3. It doesn't really matter what a bunch of sportswriters were guessing.

Yes, I'm sure. Zion has said UK wasn't top 3. It doesn't really matter what a bunch of sportswriters were guessing.

They get their info from sources close to the situation. Kentucky may have been eliminated by then, but at some point they were very high on his list.

Do you think Cal and his staff were oblivious to what everyone else knew about Zion? He must have been the only guy out of the loop.

are you really trying to use the "crystal ball projection" as some kind of proof?
surely you are not that dense

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
They get their info from sources close to the situation. Kentucky may have been eliminated by then, but at some point they were very high on his list.

Do you think Cal and his staff were oblivious to what everyone else knew about Zion? He must have been the only guy out of the loop.
Obviously Cal wasn't dialed in like Townsend (and apparently Duke) were. I expect better from him and I am disappointed in his lack of effort.

are you really trying to use the "crystal ball projection" as some kind of proof?
surely you are not that dense

I didn’t say it proved anything. But like I just posted, those guys generally get a lot of inside info.

But let’s also keep in mind that not being in his top 3 also proves nothing. Nike or Adidas clearly had him covered no matter where he went.

I didn’t say it proved anything. But like I just posted, those guys generally get a lot of inside info.

But let’s also keep in mind that not being in his top 3 also proves nothing. Nike or Adidas clearly had him covered no matter where he went.

most of the time none of those so called experts guesses matter until the day of the announcement
you posted it so you must have felt it had great importance (which it does not)

UNC did. But no, I don’t expect that. I’m just laughing at the clowns talking about several year bans. Who all happen to be Kentucky fans. Laughing

UNC got off on a technicality. I’m not sure the “victim” card will stand up, since KU maintains a relationship with the company that “victimized” them.

For the record, as a UK fan, nobody is beating our budget should we decide to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
He sure knew about what it took to get Randle since his bid the day before he announced ended up being the final winner.

surely you do not believe that BS that Matt Scott posted on the KU board
only one guy had it from the get go, he is a sports writer that had constant contact with the Randle family and they trusted him. he called UK for a month before the announcement
weeks before he committed he bought a UK phone case

you posted it so you must have felt it had great importance (which it does not)

Neither does allegedly not making the top 3.

Everyone and their brother were recruiting Zion, despite it being very clear that his dad had a laundry list of demands.

That would be the first I have ever heard anything about Randle. Please elaborate.
You lie! You always defended the UK side on this one.

I’ve had 2 instances ever where I had insider information. Not anything from a message board, just actual true legit inside info. He was supposed to be a Kansas lock about 2 days before he announced. Then it changed either the day before or the day of, can’t remember exactly, but the direct info I was told that Self got a phone call and then after said out loud that Kentucky came in with a better offer and there wasn’t anything he could do. Then Randle announced, several of the key insiders from KU said the exact thing I had heard so I knew what I had heard had some legitimacy to it. I remember asking my buddy if he knew anything about the bids or if he had any more info on it. That was much more interesting to me than losing Randle to a higher bid. I do recall all of you guys saying that was rubbish because some homeboard reporter guy said Randle committed like 8 months earlier. I’ll just never believe that a guy committed then kept silent for the entire season. I know he wanted Kentucky above all else but it is a business to get these kids signed. That’s gonna matter a whole lot more to some players than playing for their dream school.

The other inside info was during the Trae Hawk recruitment. The funniest part of that was I told people I had info on here, then I got like 7 PM’s from KU fans, several of them were lurkers I’d never seen before, so I told them all what I knew. Phog who posts on here was one of them. Then later that day Phog told people on the homeboard he had insider info from a trusted source and I about died LOL’ing.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
surely you do not believe that BS that Matt Scott posted on the KU board
only one guy had it from the get go, he is a sports writer that had constant contact with the Randle family and they trusted him. he called UK for a month before the announcement
weeks before he committed he bought a UK phone case
I don’t trust anybody on message boards. What I found out was a full day before anybody online said anything. The types of people who post rumors online, whether they’re true or false, cannot wait to let everybody in the world know. I don’t trust any of them to have legit information.

Neither does allegedly not making the top 3.

Everyone and their brother were recruiting Zion, despite it being very clear that his dad had a laundry list of demands.

everyone was recruiting him (maybe that is what gave them the idea to ask for some things)
Zion has himself stated that UK was not in his top 3
a lot of people thought UK had a real shot because of the friendship he had with Quickley

Reactions: Random UK Fan

I’ve had 2 instances ever where I had insider information. Not anything from a message board, just actual true legit inside info. He was supposed to be a Kansas lock about 2 days before he announced. Then it changed either the day before or the day of, can’t remember exactly, but the direct info I was told that Self got a phone call and then after said out loud that Kentucky came in with a better offer and there wasn’t anything he could do. Then Randle announced, several of the key insiders from KU said the exact thing I had heard so I knew what I had heard had some legitimacy to it. I remember asking my buddy if he knew anything about the bids or if he had any more info on it. That was much more interesting to me than losing Randle to a higher bid. I do recall all of you guys saying that was rubbish because some homeboard reporter guy said Randle committed like 8 months earlier. I’ll just never believe that a guy committed then kept silent for the entire season. I know he wanted Kentucky above all else but it is a business to get these kids signed. That’s gonna matter a whole lot more to some players than playing for their dream school.

The other inside info was during the Trae Hawk recruitment. The funniest part of that was I told people I had info on here, then I got like 7 PM’s from KU fans, several of them were lurkers I’d never seen before, so I told them all what I knew. Phog who posts on here was one of them. Then later that day Phog told people on the homeboard he had insider info from a trusted source and I about died LOL’ing.

This should be good. Haha.

So OU paid Young?

You're gonna have to show me some proof of this so called defense, because this is the first I am ever hearing of it. It is amusing to know Self was supposedly pissed for being outbid though. You think he would've learned his lesson by now to stop being a cheap ass low baller. Up the ante, Bill!

I don’t trust anybody on message boards. What I found out was a full day before anybody online said anything. The types of people who post rumors online, whether they’re true or false, cannot wait to let everybody in the world know. I don’t trust any of them to have legit information.

he had been committed to UK for some time before he announced (hence the phone cover the ordered before he announced)
if you heard anything two days before the announcement then it was wrong

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
everyone was recruiting him (maybe that is what gave them the idea to ask for some things)
Zion has himself stated that UK was not in his top 3
a lot of people thought UK had a real shot because of the friendship he had with Quickley

I know...you guys have an answer for everything. And schooner’s lying, Hagans was flaunting fake cash on Snapchat, etc etc.

This should be good. Haha.

So OU paid Young?
I don’t know. Probably. He was gonna announce his commitment to KU and call himself a “TraeHawk”. Then that evening it changed. That was another instance where the best KU insiders all came out and said the same thing afterwards. That solidified it in my mind that rumors on message boards don’t really have much legitimacy to them. Most people who know keep quiet until after the fact.

You're gonna have to show me some proof of this so called defense, because this is the first I am ever hearing of it. It is amusing to know Self was supposedly pissed for being outbid though. You think he would've learned his lesson by now to stop being a cheap ass low baller. Up the ante, Bill!
Well, I could be wrong. I’m certainly not digging for proof.

Agreed on him needing to up his ante. He’s been losing out guys to Cal and K for too long!

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
he had been committed to UK for some time before he announced (hence the phone cover the ordered before he announced)
if you heard anything two days before the announcement then it was wrong

Right, players never change their minds. Even when a higher bid comes through.

We bought Randle but couldn’t seal the deal with Wiggins? Makes sense...

He was supposed to be a Kansas lock about 2 days before he announced. Then it changed either the day before or the day of
It's weird that he had a personalized UK phone cover at his announcement ceremony. Almost like the sort of thing you have made to show what you were planning all along. Not really the sort of thing you get done in a few hours.

Also, Jason Jordan from USA Today who was deep into the recruitment had been predicting Kentucky for about a month leading up to the announcement.

so were all the adidas reps so scared of what KU would do to them that, when facing criminal allegations and jail time, they continue to contend that KU/KU Coaches were not involved and that they (reps) took active steps to keep them from knowing?

How will the ncaa deal with that actual testimony? What do they have to counter it?

I do have some concern that the NCAA has by laws, KU is a member that agreed to those by laws so ncaa can essentially find/enforce whatever they want.

If the NCAA argement is that adidas is a booster of KU, well then the whole system is about done...maybe it takes down KU but I kind of think it is the NCAA that will fall...other schools have to read that language and wonder when they could get the letter in the mail.

The ncaa only has power because the schools allow them to...football is already poised to break off, this might push the whole thing down.

Gatto used his lawyer to say that Self and KU asked for the recruits and money. Then the prosecution and judge said that it didnt matter since the athletics program is separate from the university and it didnt matter if the basketball program asked for it.

I'm telling you....... he told Cal and people in his camp that he was coming to UK in the fall... months before he committed. He had shoes ordered months before.

I think this is where Randle's people just told KU what they wanted to hear the week before committing to UK just to create PR buzz

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
It's weird that he had a personalized UK phone cover at his announcement ceremony. Almost like the sort of thing you have made to show what you were planning all along. Not really the sort of thing you get done in a few hours.

Also, Jason Jordan from USA Today who was deep into the recruitment had been predicting Kentucky for about a month leading up to the announcement.

Drew Franklin of KSR is friends with a guy that does custom shoes and has said many times that Randle commissioned UK shoes a couple of months before committing and thats why he was absolutely sure Randle to UK was a lock back then

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Drew Franklin of KSR is friends with a guy that does custom shoes and has said many times that Randle commissioned UK shoes a couple of months before committing and thats why he was absolutely sure Randle to UK was a lock back then
You can believe what you want but this is a situation where I know that Randle was gonna come to KU based on the offer until Kentucky went higher with theirs. It shouldn’t be shocking or surprising that kind of stuff happens.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
You just cried about me hijacking a UK thread when it’s a damn Kansas thread.
Again go cry to the UK fan that tried to flame in this thread.

..thread title no longer matters to you anymore. Anything gets brought up about UK....you're so predictable.

Damn, you’re a whiny little bitch.

….and you're the bitch of this board. If the stuff that happens to you here daily went on in a heavyweight fight, they'd stop it. The difference is that you're too stupid to realize that after your 'charade' here was exposed, any shred of credibility you may have once had vanished and is never to return. You're nothing more than a mouthy little child here. You'd be better off at THR.

You can believe what you want but this is a situation where I know that Randle was gonna come to KU based on the offer until Kentucky went higher with theirs. It shouldn’t be shocking or surprising that kind of stuff happens.
Based on what offer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT