ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA comes back at Kansas guns blazin'

This is the NCAA, not the court of law. The burden of evidence is not needed at the same level and they are judge, jury and executioner. Their response is not one of backing down so you are fried. It's over.

But I get it. You are going through the denial phase right now. Soon you'll be bargaining and eventually acceptance.

Did you miss the part in which I said the NCAA can rule however they choose? But the final decision will come down to an independent panel. And in the case of De Sousa, that panel chose to significantly lessen the penalty.

Did you miss the part in which I said the NCAA can rule however they choose? But the final decision will come down to an independent panel. And in the case of De Sousa, that panel chose to significantly lessen the penalty.

You really think an independent panel is going to go lenient on lack of institutional.control and 5 level 1 violations? Congrats on winning the delusional KU fan of the week award. By reading some of your posts, I can tell you are a repeat champ

Reactions: Watson2Coleman
Makes me thankful that we have a coach that knows the importance of running a clean program!

fn4ic50.jpg

Last edited:
This is the NCAA, not the court of law. The burden of evidence is not needed at the same level and they are judge, jury and executioner. Their response is not one of backing down so you are fried. It's over.

But I get it. You are going through the denial phase right now. Soon you'll be bargaining and eventually acceptance.
This.
The NCAA is the most inconsistent organization I have ever seen. They pick and choose who they slam and they make exceptions for others.

So nobody knows what's going to happen here.

I think KU's responses to the NCAA are dicey. They keep publicly firing back at the NCAA. I don’t think that's a good idea.

This should be a very interesting outcome. My guess, multiple years without postseason play and scholarship reductions. Bill Self might get a show cause.

Of

The NCAA could just lay down and go tits up.

This.
The NCAA is the most inconsistent organization I have ever seen. They pick and choose who they slam and they make exceptions for others.

I think KU's responses to the NCAA are dicey. They keep publicly firing back at the NCAA. I don’t think that's a good idea.

This should be a very interesting outcome. My guess, multiple years without postseason play and scholarship reductions. Bill Self might get a show cause.

Of

i read where they could get a 2*5 year post season ban
i do not think 5 year ban will happen but do believe a 2 year ban is on the table

This.

Of

spot on. No clue what they’ll do. I thought UNC and Louisville would get the hammer and they didn’t. I think Kansas will but who knows.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
spot on. No clue what they’ll do. I thought UNC and Louisville would get the hammer and they didn’t. I think Kansas will but who knows.
I agree. I will bet KU gets nothing.

Hell, UNC cheated academically for decades and did not even get their hand slapped. Duke paid off nearly $100,000 for jewelry and the NCAA would not even address it.

The NCAA sucks swamp water.

The major conferences should form an association and leave the NCAA to shrivel up on the vine.

...This is what you do in your constant hijacking of every UK-related thread. Now you have an example, jackass.
Oh like a picture of Cal was needed in a Kansas thread?
Odd you didn’t call them out for hijacking this thread.
Here’s a plot twist for ya, if a UK fan didn’t jump in here with his pic of “clean cal”, I would’ve stayed out of it.
Now, go bitch at @Random UK Fan

By the way, this is a Kansas thread, not a UK one

Here’s a plot twist for ya, if a UK fan didn’t jump in here with his pic of “clean cal”, I would’ve stayed out of it.

...exactly….you see anything UK related and you resort to the same old, worn out routine. Pitiful.

...exactly….you see anything UK related and you resort to the same old, worn out routine. Pitiful.
You just cried about me hijacking a UK thread when it’s a damn Kansas thread.
Again go cry to the UK fan that tried to flame in this thread.

This.

Of

UNCheat got over on a technicality. Duke was never investigated and truth be told being that the lawsuit was settled and no one was talking, they wouldn't have gotten very far. There's no subpoena power.

Kansas, on the other hand, has been investigated and found to have five level one violations. This is the most egregious response to an investigation I have ever seen. It makes what Louisville just lost a championship over look like paying for an extra Big Mac.

After what North Carolina got away with, the NCAA can't look like Wiley Coyote a second time. So you might as well lube up Kansas because they are going to go in deep.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

You’re a UNC fan, what the hell does a UK fan posting in a KU thread have to do with you? Why are you playing board cop? Oh I get it, it's because it's UK isn't it? Got it.

We should start charging you rent.

You’re a UNC fan, what the hell does a UK fan posting in a KU thread have to do with you? Why are you playing board cop? Oh I get it, it's because it's UK isn't it? Got it.

We should start charging you rent.
Not playing board cop.
I got called out for going off topic when I’m not the one that went off topic.
Can you please lighten your grip on my nuts?
You’re getting heavy swinging from them.

NCAA is gonna hit KU hard. It’s gonna happen. With the NOA they have set up what looks like worst probation since SMU in the 80s is coming. They are looking to make an example out of KU to show they are still in charge. The interesting thing will be what ends up sticking in the end after any appeals. KU is gonna get leveled. Will it be something that Self and company will be able to survive and recover in a couple of years or is Self gone and KU will be looking at a 5-10 year needed recovery?

Reactions: RipThru

Cal DID coach at Kansas...Laughing

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I’ve seen multiple comments about the new committee... But they can’t they decide to not rule on the case? Plus just because they ruled in favor on one stance, doesn’t mean they will here! I mean KU should get 4 year tournament ban, multiple scholarship reductions and Self should leave or be fired! I mean if this were Cal and UK every and I mean every KU fan would be bashing UK... Rightfully so too... Kansas, Zona, LSU, Auburn and NC State, Okl St all should be made examples of here... You got caught by the FBI not some random fan... There’s no comparison to UNC or anyone else, to think the NCAA is going to not hammer all these schools is just crazy thinking. They have too! I get fans don’t like to hear that but come on it’s a no brainer! They have no choice but to hammer all schools involved.

I’ve seen multiple comments about the new committee... But they can’t they decide to not rule on the case? Plus just because they ruled in favor on one stance, doesn’t mean they will here! I mean KU should get 4 year tournament ban, multiple scholarship reductions and Self should leave or be fired! I mean if this were Cal and UK every and I mean every KU fan would be bashing UK... Rightfully so too... Kansas, Zona, LSU, Auburn and NC State, Okl St all should be made examples of here... You got caught by the FBI not some random fan... There’s no comparison to UNC or anyone else, to think the NCAA is going to not hammer all these schools is just crazy thinking. They have too! I get fans don’t like to hear that but come on it’s a no brainer! They have no choice but to hammer all schools involved.

So, they’re basically the only school being investigated that didn’t personally arrange any payments, and there is sworn testimony which stated that their staff wasn’t involved...yet they should get a four year postseason ban?

Keep wishing, clowns.

So, they’re basically the only school being investigated that didn’t personally arrange any payments, and there is sworn testimony which stated that their staff wasn’t involved...yet they should get a four year postseason ban?

Keep wishing, clowns.

All this sworn statements stuff by a bunch of crooks? Come on they got caught and didn’t even deny players were paid? The NCAA changed the law on the i didn’t know about it thing. It happened and Self was the coach, and the NCAA doesn’t just hand down NOAs for no reason. Kansas and the others involved will get exactly what they should at this point. Again if the shoe was on a Duke or UK, you would be on here bashing away at some of this, he didn’t know he’s innocent stuff. I just think KU should do what Louisville did and clean house! Louisville fired a hall of game coach, hell they fired everyone. That will probably be why they won’t get smashed as bad, hell if they wasn’t on probation anyways. The probation thing will be what hurts them the most in my opinion.

It may not be four years, but it should be at the least. We aren’t talking a few thousand dollars... Were talking hundreds of thousands of dollars... I mean again if the shoe was on UK or Dukes foot you would be on here crying death penalty....

Keep wishing, clowns.
But I mean, obviously the wiretaps prove that staff were involved so there's that.

Come back with something witty. Bumping your shit posts will give me much delight.

Keep wishing, clowns.
I wonder what Townsend meant in regard to Zion when he said, “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

But I mean, obviously the wiretaps prove that staff were involved so there's that.

Come back with something witty. Bumping your shit posts will give me much delight.

All they have is a vague text which indicates that Self was aware of De Sousa’s $2500 payment from Adidas, plus an assistant discussing the demands of a player that didn’t go to KU.

Hey, I know how to handle this! We’ll conduct no investigation of the team that he committed to and just go ahead and give KU a four year ban!

I wonder what Townsend meant in regard to Zion when he said, “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

Is anyone denying that? Jesus, you’d think we hadn’t been over this 75 times already.

Did Zion attend KU?

All they have is a vague text which indicates that Self was aware of De Sousa’s $2500 payment from Adidas, plus an assistant discussing the demands of a player that didn’t go to KU.

Hey, I know how to handle this! We’ll conduct no investigation of the team that he committed to and just go ahead and give KU a four year ban!
Which makes your previous statement incorrect.

Uh....hold on. Hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Where is there evidence that KU knew of payments at this level? There is evidence that indicates that Self knew about a $2500 payment. Let me guess...you have inside info?

Doesn't matter if he did or not. Just proves they were willing to cheat, but got outbid by Nike and/or Duke.

Don’t forget that Kentucky was on his final list.

After seeing the kind of cash that A$hton was flaunting, can you imagine what Duke had to offer to steal Zion away?

Keep wishing, clowns.

Honest question...5 level 1’s and your think KU skates?

ADVERTISEMENT