ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Are you autistic or something? I said top 10, and possibly top 5. Right now, you can argue the top 2 are James and Leonard. Top 4 include Steph and KD if healthy. The rest we’ve named haven’t done shit per your standards to warrant a top 5 rating. Giannis just choked against Miami. Harden doesn’t make anyone better and hasn’t been to the finals despite playing with Paul, KD, Westbrook. You had the temerity to say Jokic and Embiid are better. Cmon man.

Jokic is better. Better passer, better efg%, better rebounding rate, and more durable. AD is a better defender but Jokic is a better all around player. That’s why AD didn’t do shit without Lebron.

And my statement was very clear. We can all see the posts in the thread.

You said possibly top 5. I said no way too 5. You then asked to have 5 better guys named, which multiple people have done. Not tough to follow.

This ^^^.

Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, Steph, Luka, Jokic, Embiid, and Harden are all better. Dame is arguably in the conversation too. Bam and Jayson Tatum aren’t yet but they are certainly improving rapidly. And KD obviously would be considered better if we knew how he is post Achilles injury.

AD played with New Orleans for 7 years and made the playoffs twice. I don’t care who else is on the team, “top 5” players elevate the level of play to at least make the playoffs more often than not. We’ve seen that happen time and time again. Look at Dame, he’s got Portland to the playoffs like 6 years in a row.

AD has only played more than 68 games in a season twice. Durability is part of being a top 5 player.
Lol wut??

Jokic is better. Better passer, better efg%, better rebounding rate, and more durable. AD is a better defender but Jokic is a better all around player. That’s why AD didn’t do shit without Lebron.

And my statement was very clear. We can all see the posts in the thread.

You said possibly top 5. I said no way too 5. You then asked to have 5 better guys named, which multiple people have done. Not tough to follow.

1. Jokic is not better than AD
2. I never said name 5 better. I asked to share your top ten.

Reactions: JimboBBN
To be fair, Jokic lead the Nuggets to the 2nd seed last year and then the 3rd seed this year. AD lead the Pelicans to a 6 seed once.
Jokic never won an NCAA title and all the other trophies. Suck it jock sniffers.

An NCAA title doesn’t make him a better NBA player lol.

They also have both made first team all NBA, except Jokic more recently.
It's nice he has personalized salesmen.

pay zero attention to me being a hypocrite. tia.

Imagine thinking Jokic is better than Anthony Davis. Yikes.

All of these are career stats:

TS%
Jokic - 60.4%
AD - 58.8%

2pt%
Jokic - 57.6%
AD - 53.4%

Efg%
Jokic - 56.1%
AD - 52.9%

ORB%
Jokic - 9.8%
AD - 8.2%

DRB%
Jokic - 26.8%
Davis - 25%

Assist %
Jokic - 30.5%
AD - 11.3%

Steal %
Jokic - 1.9%
AD - 2.0%

Block %
Jokic - 2.0%
AD - 5.7%

Avg. Games played per season
Jokic - 76.2
AD - 66

So Jokic is better across the board offensively, the better rebounder on both ends, and significantly more durable. AD is the better shot blocker. Oh and Jokic is 2 years younger.

Why exactly is AD clearly the better player?

Tatum played well last night, but man, did he have some costly turnovers.

I thought he was terrible last night and pretty much the whole series. I think he's been exposed this series. he is not a superstar. Don't know if he'll ever be one. Right now he's a guy who can't get an open look vs the Raptors. They needed to give the ball to Kemba the whole 4th quarter and OTs because Tatum couldn't get a good shot vs any of the defenders Toronto threw at him. That's not a good sign for someone being hyped as a superstar on the way.

TS%
Jokic - 60.4%
AD - 58.8%

2pt%
Jokic - 57.6%
AD - 53.4%

Efg%
Jokic - 56.1%
AD - 52.9%

ORB%
Jokic - 9.8%
AD - 8.2%

DRB%
Jokic - 26.8%
Davis - 25%

Assist %
Jokic - 30.5%
AD - 11.3%

Steal %
Jokic - 1.9%
AD - 2.0%

Block %
Jokic - 2.0%
AD - 5.7%

Jokic - 76.2
AD - 66

So Jokic is better across the board offensively, the better rebounder on both ends, and significantly more durable. AD is the better shot blocker. Oh and Jokic is 2 years younger.

I’m somewhat in the middle on this discussion. The difference between them on defense is significantly bigger than the gap between them offensively (although Jokic is the best passing big man ever) , but individual defense matters a lot less than individual offense.

If I had to pick one player to build a championship team and have them be the best player, give me Jokic, but I think the Lakers are happy they have AD over Jokic.

Reactions: dtgold88

TS%
Jokic - 60.4%
AD - 58.8%

2pt%
Jokic - 57.6%
AD - 53.4%

Efg%
Jokic - 56.1%
AD - 52.9%

ORB%
Jokic - 9.8%
AD - 8.2%

DRB%
Jokic - 26.8%
Davis - 25%

Assist %
Jokic - 30.5%
AD - 11.3%

Steal %
Jokic - 1.9%
AD - 2.0%

Block %
Jokic - 2.0%
AD - 5.7%

Jokic - 76.2
AD - 66

Ring on his finger. We've been preconditioned by haters rings only matte.

I’m somewhat in the middle on this discussion. The difference between them on defense is significantly bigger than the gap between them offensively (although Jokic is the best passing big man ever) , but individual defense matters a lot less than individual offense.

If I had to pick one player to build a championship team and have them be the best player, give me Jokic, but I think the Lakers are happy they have AD over Jokic.

Now that I will give you. AD is a much better fit with Lebron than Jokic. Lebron is an elite passer too, don’t need Jokic to fill that role.

Ultimately Jokic is younger and much more durable. Durability matters if you want to make consecutive deep runs in the playoffs. So he’s the guy I’d choose to build around between the two.

We already saw a team built around AD. It wasn’t pretty down in New Orleans.

I thought he was terrible last night and pretty much the whole series. I think he's been exposed this series. he is not a superstar. Don't know if he'll ever be one. Right now he's a guy who can't get an open look vs the Raptors. They needed to give the ball to Kemba the whole 4th quarter and OTs because Tatum couldn't get a good shot vs any of the defenders Toronto threw at him. That's not a good sign for someone being hyped as a superstar on the way.

He’s been average at best this series. But the dude is only 22. Not everyone can be Luka. Tatum has several years to keep improving rapidly.

TS%
Jokic - 60.4%
AD - 58.8%

2pt%
Jokic - 57.6%
AD - 53.4%

Efg%
Jokic - 56.1%
AD - 52.9%

ORB%
Jokic - 9.8%
AD - 8.2%

DRB%
Jokic - 26.8%
Davis - 25%

Assist %
Jokic - 30.5%
AD - 11.3%

Steal %
Jokic - 1.9%
AD - 2.0%

Block %
Jokic - 2.0%
AD - 5.7%

Jokic - 76.2
AD - 66

Have you watched the NBA or are you a numbers tell the whole story kind of guy? Shooting is very close, Davis is clearly the better defender and athlete. No way you take Jokic over Davis if you're a GM right now.

Have you watched the NBA or are you a numbers tell the whole story kind of guy? Shooting is very close, Davis is clearly the better defender and athlete. No way you take Jokic over Davis if you're a GM right now.

I watch the NBA nightly. Have for 7-8 years.

Yes, when on the court AD is a better athlete. And Westbrook is a better athlete than Steph or Luka too. Yet, Westbrook certainly isn’t a better player than either.

Those shooting percentages honestly aren’t THAT close. Jokic is 6% better on efg%. 2-3 extra points per 20 attempts, which is not insignificant in the playoffs. And of course Jokic’s playmaking ability is in another universe from AD.

Davis is the superior individual defender, yes. But that’s not as important for post players in today’s game. Guys need to be able to play within a team, switching D.

I can’t fault someone for taking AD over Jokic. However, folks thinking that it’s not even a conversation between Jokic and AD don’t sound very informed on the NBA. Jokic was 1st team All-NBA just last season. Clearly some folks are taking him.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I watch the NBA nightly. Have for 7-8 years.

Yes, when on the court AD is a better athlete. And Westbrook is a better athlete than Steph or Luka too. Yet, Westbrook certainly isn’t a better player than either.

Those shooting percentages honestly aren’t THAT close. Jokic is 6% better on efg%. 2-3 extra points per 20 attempts, which is not insignificant in the playoffs. And of course Jokic’s playmaking ability is in another universe from AD.

Davis is the superior individual defender, yes. But that’s not as important for post players in today’s game. Guys need to be able to play within a team, switching D.

I can’t fault someone for taking AD over Jokic. However, folks thinking that it’s not even a conversation between Jokic and AD don’t sound very informed on the NBA. Jokic was 1st team All-NBA just last season. Clearly some folks are taking him.
He's a great player, but I don't watch him and think "man, you know, I would rank him above AD on my top 10 list."

I have these kind of talks all the time with friends who watch and follow the NBA closely. Never heard Jokic over AD before.

Reactions: GE Nole

He's not a top 10 player, as Jeff Goodman likes to loudly proclaim (probably top 25). But, his boxscore from last night included 29 points, 14 reb, 9 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Mostly a good night - just had some egregious turnovers.

He's not a top 10 player, as Jeff Goodman likes to loudly proclaim (probably top 25). But, his boxscore from last night included 29 points, 14 reb, 9 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Mostly a good night - just had some egregious turnovers.

2 OT's will help fill a box score.

When it came down to the last quarter and OT he was awful and couldn't create his own shot despite many attempts at it.

The hype train for Tatum needs to slow down a bit.

2 OT's will help fill a box score.

When it came down to the last quarter and OT he was awful and couldn't create his own shot despite many attempts at it.

The hype train for Tatum needs to slow down a bit.

I agree that he's a bit over-hyped. I see him as someone who's perhaps the 20th best player or so. I haven't numerated a ranking on a spreadsheet or anything, but he's not flirting with a top-10 status this season. Perhaps in a season or two.

He's a great player, but I don't watch him and think "man, you know, I would rank him above AD on my top 10 list."

I have these kind of talks all the time with friends who watch and follow the NBA closely. Never heard Jokic over AD before.

Serious question, how much do y’all watch the Nuggets? A buddy in my NBA fantasy league is a huge Nuggets fan and was touting Jokic as the next big thing in 2018. I didn’t believe it but started watching him more closely. Dude is legit.

Some of the passes he makes are simply incredible. They allow the Denver offense to be so versatile.

We are talking about a team that was 30-52 the year Jokic was drafted and 4 years later they were 54-28. With 23 year old Jokic, Murray (who I really like) and a bunch of role players.

Serious question, how much do y’all watch the Nuggets? A buddy in my NBA fantasy league is a huge Nuggets fan and was touting Jokic as the next big thing in 2018. I didn’t believe it but started watching him more closely. Dude is legit.

Some of the passes he makes are simply incredible. They allow the Denver offense to be so versatile.

We are talking about a team that was 30-52 the year Jokic was drafted and 4 years later they were 54-28. With 23 year old Jokic, Murray (who I really like) and a bunch of role players.
I don't watch too much regular season ball but I've watched every playoff game for every team. So I guess close to an average fan, haha

He's a stud, no doubt. You certainly make a compelling argument for him being elite, well done.

Okie, doke....Dude, you are losing----badly. I mean the stat where MJ temmates had a combined 11 All-Star games, to 44 for LeBronda....

I mean, god damn...
what do his teammates have to do with his competition? I'd say you are better than this, but not sure you are.

Bro, outside of the Warriors, the Cavs played some good, decent teams...Teams really that are no different than the Lakers, Jazz, Sonics, Blazers or Suns...The Warriors are the only team I would concede that was better than who the Bulls played.

Like I said, the Bulls didn't play a team like the Warriors, because they were that team..
Uh...GS was only team Cavs faced in Finals.

Neither was a 37 yr old Tim Duncan, or a 36 yr old Manu Ginobli, or a young up and coming Khawi. He lost to an ancient dinosaur Spurs team with prime All-star Wade and prime All-Star Bosh. And it wasn't even close (4-1). Stop excusing LeBron's failures. I notice his fans (yes you're a fan, youve been slurping him on this site for years so idk why you're trying hard to act as if you don't like the guy) like to make excuses for why he failed as opposed to praising his success. The only title losses he deserves a pass on are Durant's Warriors and the loss with that shitty Cavs team. He, at worst, should be 6-3 in Finals. But im sure you'll make excuses for why he's 3-6 instead.
k

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maybe because,

A) Jordan doesn't say dumb shit
B) Jordan never proclaimed to be the GOAT
C) Jordan didn't host an hour long TV sitcom, announcing where he was going to play..

Maybe?
come on....there are reasons to hate both. Jordan a prick, too.

My favorite might be the lie he made up about how he got food poisoning (allegedly). and he's now, what, 60+ and still holds ridiculous grudges?

I see....Explains things. But not really. I mean is Jordan saying he made a mistake in not calling himself the GOAT...? Or not hosting a TV show, when he was a free agent, to announce his intentions?

MJ's tune has changed on his rhetoric,simply b/c the times are different in terms of society...No argument there. But even then, he's not blabbing stupid, uneducated innuendo, that causes him to called out by his peers, media, writers, AND hell, even your everyday average citizen.

In other words, a lot of the "hate" so to speak, LeBron has brought on himself. And hell, I didn't even mention the lie he told about his house/garage, being vandalized...
agree with all of that....but Lebron being a prick doesn't mean MJ was not.

Pippen was as good, or better. Probably better.....But there was Wade.....And Bosh....And Love.....And Kyrie...Jordan never had a big such as Love or Bosh......Or a b/c mate such as Kyrie...I mean MJ and the Bulls were dumping the ball to Will Perdue, Cartwright or Wennington..LBJ was dumping into Love, or Bosh...Or dishing off to Kyrie or DWade...I wish we'd quit pretending LeBron didn't have any talent around him. Dude played with a lot of All-Stars.

Its not Jordan's fault he stuck it out in Chicago.....Winking
Who said he didn't have talent around him...other than 2007 Finals team?

Ok, which one? The one with Love and Kyrie---Or the one with Bosh and Wade?

Team with Kyrie and Love went 7-11 vs GS. A team I'd say that was very comparable to the Bulls...

Or the team with Wade and Bosh...Lost to Dallas 4-2.....Lost to San Antonio 4-1. In between, bet the Spurs 4-3....Thunder 4-1.

So all together with those 4, LeBron led teams were 18-18 in that span...

Jordan/Pippen led teams were 24-11 in 6 NBA Finals....No series went past 6.
Team with Kyrie/Love were 7-11 vs. GS? Even though the 2 of them only faced GS together 12 times (they were 5-7)?

The rebuttal will Allen was past his prime. let’s take those out then.

Bosh and Wade combined for 22 AS appearances.

Also, Lebron is currently playing with 7 time all-star Anthony Davis who happens to be a top 10 and maybe top 5 player in the league.
agree AD every bit the player Pippen was.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Give me your top 10

Rodman has been romanticized a bit. 1 all-star app while averaging 7, 13, 2. Love has 5 AS app while avg 18,10,3.

Love is the better shooter, scorer, passer. Worm better at boards.
with ya there.....Love a better overall player than rodman.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
ADVERTISEMENT