ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Absolutely he does for the years he lost to the Warriors. His problem is all the years they couldn’t even make the playoffs.
That was a front office problem---Not an AD problem.

Lol, so much bruhaha all because I pointed out the truth that AD isn’t a top 5 player in the league. Funny stuff. Must have some fellas with bad unibrows in here.

Jrue Holiday, Demarcus Cousins, and AD won 34 games. Come on, that’s enough talent to finish 8th.

AD, Jrue Holiday, Julius Randle, Elfrid Payton, and Christian Wood won 33 games and finished 13th in the West.
C'mon,man---Dude avg like 25/12 after his rookie year...Had a 40/20 game...Led the NBA in blocks 3X's...An All-Star every year in NOrleans , except his rookie, year...

AD wasn't the problem....Front office and injuries were the problem. Esp for Davis AND Holiday. And rally, bruh? Randle, Payton and Wood.....

Really?

Reactions: ticket2ride04
C'mon,man---Dude avg like 25/12 after his rookie year...Had a 40/20 game...Led the NBA in blocks 3X's...An All-Star every year in NOrleans , except his rookie, year...

AD wasn't the problem....Front office and injuries were the problem. Esp for Davis AND Holiday. And rally, bruh? Randle, Payton and Wood.....

Really?

Avoiding injuries are part of being an elite player. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. A guy is not helpful if he’s not on the court. Part of LeBron’s brilliance is his durability for so long. Same for guys like Duncan, Kobe, MJ, etc.

You know who else isn’t top 5 any more? Durant. He obviously was top 5 a couple years ago. But we have zero idea how he will play after his latest major injury. Achilles are a huge deal. Hopefully he can make a full recovery but right now he hasn’t proven he can be on the court.

Avoiding injuries are part of being an elite player. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. A guy is not helpful if he’s not on the court. Part of LeBron’s brilliance is his durability for so long. Same for guys like Duncan, Kobe, MJ, etc.

You know who else isn’t top 5 any more? Durant. He obviously was top 5 a couple years ago. But we have zero idea how he will play after his latest major injury. Achilles are a huge deal. Hopefully he can make a full recovery but right now he hasn’t proven he can be on the court.
This.

Reactions: MGC_07

I'm not talking about JUST AD's injuries....And FTR, he's recovered just fine,wouldn't ya say?

Holiday was oft injured....
Missed like 50 games in 2013-14.
Missed 41 games in 2014-15
15 games in 2015-16
17 games in 2016-17
Eric Gordon:
Missed 80 games from 2013-2016; Including 41 games in 2015/16. Also, only played 9 games in AD's rookie season.
Cousins: Missed 36 games, including the play-offs in 2018. Dude was killing it. Who knows had he not been hurt??

Not to mention the impact that had to be felt when Bryce Jones-Dejean was killed in 2016.

Honestly, this year is causing me to reevaluate my position on Freak. At the very least I have to drop him out of the “best player in the league” conversation.

His overall statistical dominance and MVP award keep him above a guy like AD for now. But he’s absolutely starting to fall into the “can he elevate his team come playoff time” conversation.
I agree. didn't help his team let Brogdon go. Honestly don't recall details. Strictly a money move?

I can understand that it appears inconsistent if read through quickly. But in reality it’s not. I said Rodman was SO much better if a defender than Love that it makes up for the offensive shortcomings.

Love is a terrible defender. Jokic is not terrible. He’s not great but not terrible. Meanwhile, Rodman was an all time elite defender. 8x All Defensive team and 7x rebounding champ. That’s freaking dominant.

So the gap between Rodman and Love (a below average defender) defensively is greater than the gap between AD and Jokic defensively. It’s a nuanced difference, but a difference nonetheless.
Ad is also elite defender and, yes, far better than Rodman.

You also forget defensive rebounding is part of defense and Love is pretty good there.

Something else I want to point out. while not athletic he is still smart and knows where he needs to be on D and how to tell others where to go. Unlike someone like Lebron who would just blame someone else when he screws up.

whoops.....forgot I'm not supposed to mention his shortcomings.

Bron deserved MVP that series, even though they lost. Maybe his best Finals, imo. They had nothing but him.
agreed. Thought he was better in 2018-19 (and didn't have much other than love)....but Durant was clear MVP that time.

Reactions: 829305
I agree. didn't help his team let Brogdon go. Honestly don't recall details. Strictly a money move?

I recall they gave Eric Bledsoe a massive extension mid-season and that pretty much sealed the deal on Brogdon leaving. Clearly a poor decision in hindsight, and I think there were more than a couple folks who said it was a poor decision at the time.

I recall they gave Eric Bledsoe a massive extension mid-season and that pretty much sealed the deal on Brogdon leaving. Clearly a poor decision in hindsight, and I think there were more than a couple folks who said it was a poor decision at the time.
Not sure why both could not be kept. Brogdon could play off ball. IF Giannis feels the same this might hinder his choice to stay.

Reactions: GE Nole
Brogdon trade was def a head scratcher. Would take him over Drew Bledsoe any day of the week.

Denver with a terrific comeback to extend their season by at least another game. Jokic and Porter were both huge down the stretch.

It was a good game 7 for Boston and Toronto and for a bit there it looked like the defending champs would pull it off. But as much as Van Fleet player well, Siakam was awful. He really laid an egg all series. Tatum was brilliant and closed the game out.

Now we will see if the Rockets can stave off elimination.

Reactions: dtgold88
Wow. Two games in a row where the Clippers have shit the bed. This series going to game 7, and the nuggets look for real. I’m very impressed with Jokic, and I’d probably take him over AD. Seriously, the dude is an all around player that controls tempo, knocks down tough shots, makes the extra pass..etc. Also, Murray is the ****ing truth, that dude is so good.

Lakers are gonna win it all and I'm not happy about it. I've hated the Lakers ever since the NBA screwed that awesome Sacramento Kings team vs Kobe and Shaq.

Teams I want to see win from most to least:
Heat
Nuggets
Clippers
Celtics
Lakers

He was great no doubt. I don’t have a rooting interest in the league, so I’d love to see a series of him vs AD.

My rooting interest is trying to trade the second overall pick. So yeah, I’d also love to see Jokic vs AD.

If the Clippers lose tonight not sure how much more I’ll watch the playoffs. I’ve been waiting literally an entire year for Lakers vs Clippers in the WCF. Lakers would smash Denver

If the Clippers lose tonight not sure how much more I’ll watch the playoffs. I’ve been waiting literally an entire year for Lakers vs Clippers in the WCF. Lakers would smash Denver
With UK players on all the teams. I don't care at this point. I just hope they're all great games to watch.

CELTICS??? Who am I missing. I think y’all got more than enough players in the league to quit claiming Kanter lol he’s a scrub anyways.

I always read all these predictions about Celtics, Lakers, Clippers smashing teams. And then teams like the Heat, Nuggets, and Mavs just keep finding ways to not get smashed. Maybe some of these other teams are better than folks think?

Reactions: dtgold88
This Heat team is so dangerous. Jimmy Butler is locked in, Bam is the best defensive center in the NBA (Rudy is great in the paint but can’t switch as well as Bam), Tyler Herro was an assist away from a triple double tonight, he was so unexpected, Goran Dragic is playing like an all star again, Jae Crowder has revised his career.

I could go on and on, but this team just has heart and they do not quit.

This Heat team is so dangerous. Jimmy Butler is locked in, Bam is the best defensive center in the NBA (Rudy is great in the paint but can’t switch as well as Bam), Tyler Herro was an assist away from a triple double tonight, he was so unexpected, Goran Dragic is playing like an all star again, Jae Crowder has revised his career.

I could go on and on, but this team just has heart and they do not quit.

Well said. I was pretty puzzled when a lot of folks were talking about the Celtics walking to the Finals after the Bucks went down.

Maybe after the Nuggets beat the Clippers today some people on this board will put some respect on Jokic’s name? I’ll tell you right now, AD on this roster does not beat this Clipper’s teams.

Lets go over Jokic’s games, (he already has a triple double tonight)

Game 6; 34/14/7
Game 5; 22/14/5
Game 4; 26/11/6
Game 3; 32/12/8
Game 2; 26/18/4
(He has a bad game one but so did every Nugget)

Against the Jazz
Game 7; 30/14/4
Game 6; 22/4/9
Game 5; 31/6/4
Game 4; 29/7/6
(Has a bad game 3, they got blown out)
Game 2; 28/11/6
Game 1; 29/10/3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT