ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2k19

I've bought my way to the top of FIFA..probably spent $600 throughout year last year on FIFA 18. Literally didn't play any other games except FIFA. But money can't really take me much further in 2k. Once I maxed out the stats to 85, there's nothing I can buy regularly that would really improve the player. Good thing, I guess. I have VC for some bad ass tattoos though.

Also, it pisses me off they don't sell college gear in the stores. They need to buy NCAA licensing.

Jimbo wore UK stuff in 2018, from the kiosk.

For anyone who’s already been playing, looking for help on my jumper.

I’ve created two jump shots with the creator, but the game will not let me keep either one as my default shot. Every time I pick my shot as the default under animations, it automatically defaults back to the one I was using before I made the shot, either Kobe’s shot or Durant’s shot. No idea what the hell is going on.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How much cash do you have to spend to have a decent player? Asking for a friend.

My friend doesnt know if he wants to buy this or just wait until the next sucky installment of COD or both.

It’s not cheap. 40, 50 bucks? The grind otherwise will take you forever. I mean, if you don’t care about losing, whatever. But most people don’t like to lose constantly, especially if they play fine but the ball just bounces out because your stats are low, you know?

Reactions: I am stupid
For anyone who’s already been playing, looking for help on my jumper.

I’ve created two jump shots with the creator, but the game will not let me keep either one as my default shot. Every time I pick my shot as the default under animations, it automatically defaults back to the one I was using before I made the shot, either Kobe’s shot or Durant’s shot. No idea what the hell is going on.

If u select ur shot the name under jumpshots will say the base player

It’s not cheap. 40, 50 bucks? The grind otherwise will take you forever. I mean, if you don’t care about losing, whatever. But most people don’t like to lose constantly, especially if they play fine but the ball just bounces out because your stats are low, you know?
They've really sucked some in.

My kids are bugging me to get this. They’re adamant though that they need the gold edition.

Any word, is it worth the extra cash?

My kids are bugging me to get this. They’re adamant though that they need the gold edition.

Might as well buy the gold edition, it sounds like they're going to ask for more to get their player up to snuff.

Reactions: npreston

No it was only worth it to play it early. If you buy the $60 game and $50 VC (200K to get to 85 ovr), you get 100k more VC than if you spent $150 (only 100K with pre-order and you need 190K to make him 85 ovr)

Reactions: npreston
No it was only worth it to play it early. If you buy the $60 game and $50 VC (200K to get to 85 ovr), you get 100k more VC than if you spent $150 (only 100K with pre-order and you need 190K to make him 85 ovr)

HR, help me with attributes plz and thx. I don't want to create a player one way and regret it later.

HR, help me with attributes plz and thx. I don't want to create a player one way and regret it later.

Sharpshooting Shot-Creator is the best all around guard/sf. You can hit 3's. You can hit mid-range. You can hit shots on the move. You can dribble really well. I'm a SF and can do all of those things. It's even better as a SG. If you go guard, I'd go 6-6 or so with like 215-220 weight and like 1 smaller in wingspan.

But when I say Sharpshooting Shot-Creator, your PRIMARY is Shot-Creator and your SECONDARY is Sharpshooting. It reads it off in reverse.

If you want to mess around with builds and caps, go here:
https://www.nba2klab.com/nba-2k19-badges-comparison/ for badges
https://www.nba2klab.com/nba-2k19-attribute-caps/ for caps
On this website you put it in as PRIMARY (first drop down) then SECONDARY (2nd drop down) so it'd be Shot-Creator as 1 and Sharpshooter as the other.

Last edited:
Sharpshooting Shot-Creator is the best all around guard/sf. You can hit 3's. You can hit mid-range. You can hit shots on the move. You can dribble really well. I'm a SF and can do all of those things. It's even better as a SG. If you go guard, I'd go 6-6 or so with like 215-220 weight and like 1 smaller in wingspan.

But when I say Sharpshooting Shot-Creator, your PRIMARY is Shot-Creator and your SECONDARY is Sharpshooting. It reads it off in reverse.

If you want to mess around with builds and caps, go here:
https://www.nba2klab.com/nba-2k19-badges-comparison/ for badges
https://www.nba2klab.com/nba-2k19-attribute-caps/ for caps
On this website you put it in as PRIMARY (first drop down) then SECONDARY (2nd drop down) so it'd be Shot-Creator as 1 and Sharpshooter as the other.

Why would you want to be 6’5 in wingspan

Yeah, looking at those maxs, I screwed up taking a pure glass cleaner. But man, I really don’t want to start all over again...

Rebounding Athletic Finishers are really good

Yeah, I would imagine... I love the defense and rebounding of my pure glass, but he is just TERRIBLE at scoring. Like... shockingly so. Blown layup after blown layup. I REALLY don't want to have to grind a bunch of badges again... but I guess it's only been a week, so maybe in the long run it's worth it? Blech.

Yeah, I would imagine... I love the defense and rebounding of my pure glass, but he is just TERRIBLE at scoring. Like... shockingly so. Blown layup after blown layup. I REALLY don't want to have to grind a bunch of badges again... but I guess it's only been a week, so maybe in the long run it's worth it? Blech.

Definitely worth it in the long run especially since they are about to change xp back. If they weren’t I’d say no, but now definitely yes. What’s your GT?

Definitely worth it in the long run especially since they are about to change xp back. If they weren’t I’d say no, but now definitely yes. What’s your GT?

I think they ALREADY changed xp... for MyCareer games, they are all sorts of f'ed up.

Hmm... I can't send messages... lemme get @JimboBBN to share his gamertag again, we can hook up through him (assuming he doesn't mind).

I think they ALREADY changed xp... for MyCareer games, they are all sorts of f'ed up.

Hmm... I can't send messages... lemme get @JimboBBN to share his gamertag again, we can hook up through him (assuming he doesn't mind).

Is it back to normal?

I played the prelude and the movement/gameplay felt slow and clunky. I haven't played a 2k since around 2k12. It felt terrible compared to the older ones.

Think I'll just continue dominating 14 yr olds in Fortnite until later this fall. Then Fallout 76, Red Dead 2, and The Division 2 should keep me busy until the 2019 GOTY, Cyberpunk 2077, comes out.

I played the prelude and the movement/gameplay felt slow and clunky. I haven't played a 2k since around 2k12. It felt terrible compared to the older ones.

Think I'll just continue dominating 14 yr olds in Fortnite until later this fall. Then Fallout 76, Red Dead 2, and The Division 2 should keep me busy until the 2019 GOTY, Cyberpunk 2077, comes out.

Yeah, it does feel that way. The constantly stealing and fumbling the ball doesn't help.

Yeah, it does feel that way. The constantly stealing and fumbling the ball doesn't help.

Framerate is an issue with animation I think, which makes movement mechanics skip over quick motions. Not sure if that happens on newer versions of XBox with 4K support. My guess is they targeted 4K.

I think basketball games in general are hard to do right due frequent object / player collisions. They have to put in an animation for just about any scenario, which is almost impossible with current tech. So there are a lot of cases where collisions result in little to no visual effects. Great example is stealing, which feels more like using animations to play ping pong than physically catching a ball.

NBA2K in general has always been slower gameplay than EA, but that’s not necessarily a problem imo. In any EA Sports game that has ever existed, player speed wins, which makes it easier to cheese.

If by normal you mean SUPER low xp, apparently so:(

No. Normal was during the early release. The nerf (what you’re referring to) is supposed to be reverted according to a 2K producer. During the early release you got a lot more and it was worth playing. They are changing it back to that AND buffing MyPark/Pro-Am so you can relatively get the same xp per the time of playing a full MyCareer game and the amount of Park games that it takes to be equivalent to a MyCareer. Obviously you have to be good though.

There was a patch that came out today but Idk if they fixed it ir not

So I hear that the latest patch f'ed up the MyPlayer, in that you can't do drills anymore... they always show as "no more available, you have to play a game". That's pretty f'ed up.

And yeah, gotta start a new guy. Super pissed, but the lack of offense is just too much. Going to do an athletic rebounder.

ADVERTISEMENT