ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2k19

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
So, in EA’s College Basketball 2010, I was a top 10 player. I haven’t played 2k regularly in a few years.

And I’m god awful at this game. I already sank $150 into MyCareer, player is rated 87, and I had some 13 year old from Iowa sending me the message “U trash.”

I don’t understand how I’m so bad. Think it might be the player build. Basically have the build of Tayshaun Prince but getting owned.

Who added me? One of you added me. Still need mic. Having more fun leveling up right now. Will prob get on later

I use to be pretty good at it. But haven't played it regularly in 8-10 years.

anyone stream their games on mixer?

pretty sure if you you did, you get follows and conversations.

I’m an 89 ovr 6-8” SF Sharpshooting Shot-creator.

What I’ve learned from the park is that EVERYONE just SPAMS the steal button. It’s completely broken.

Also, since the regular edition came out, they TANKED the xp you get per career game VERY VERY hard. It’s unbelievable how much they dropped it. 25/33 catch and shoot and I got 2500 xp.

Before the reg release I was like 15/18 on moving shots and would get like 10-12k. The xp grind now is sooooo bad. It’s so dumb. Hope they fix that and the steal mechanics. Don’t expect them to.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m an 89 ovr 6-8” SF Sharpshooting Shot-creator.

What I’ve learned from the park is that EVERYONE just SPAMS the steal button. It’s completely broken.

Also, since the regular edition came out, they TANKED the xp you get per career game VERY VERY hard. It’s unbelievable how much they dropped it. 25/33 catch and shoot and I got 2500 xp.

Before the reg release I was like 15/18 on moving shots and would get like 10-12k. The xp grind now is sooooo bad. It’s so dumb. Hope they fix that and the steal mechanics. Don’t expect them to.

Park is seriously a bit ****ed up. Steals left and right. Blown layups constantly. And yeah, the grind is RIDICULOUS. Like... so, SO bad.

Stopped playing playground altogether to level up. Won’t be happy til I have at least one HOF badge. It’s my new primary goal in life.

WrongKillabyte. Who asked me to play last night? GF was over couldn’t play

Yeah, we invited you in. Another time;)

Park, it is tough to level up those badges. The drills are GREAT this year.

Park is seriously a bit ****ed up. Steals left and right. Blown layups constantly. And yeah, the grind is RIDICULOUS. Like... so, SO bad.

2K producer said they are reverting the update soon AND buffing xp for Park/Pro-Am

If anyone wants to win, add my GT: Valzora

Im on xbox nerds

Thank god. Hopefully they fix the bug that doesn't let you get points towards Posterizer on Park.

A Louisville fan? Lemme check with @JimboBBN...

Jimbo is probably a pure playmaker and just spams the right stick until he gets a glitchy animation that breaks the opponents ankles. What a cheap way to play :D

Jimbo is probably a pure playmaker and just spams the right stick until he gets a glitchy animation that breaks the opponents ankles. What a cheap way to play :D

Hah!

He's a shot creating sharp who is just getting hammered by how damn hard the shooting is this year. I think we only have one pure playmaker in the group?

Hah!

He's a shot creating sharp who is just getting hammered by how damn hard the shooting is this year. I think we only have one pure playmaker in the group?

I use Kevin Durant's base, Kobe as release 1, and Klay as release 2.....with speed all the way up and blended 80/20 Kobe.

It's great

I use Kevin Durant's base, Kobe as release 1, and Klay as release 2.....with speed all the way up and blended 80/20 Kobe.

It's great

Heh. I've been playing as a big since NBA 2000. All of you shooters, talking about what "shot" you are using... I don't even know what a "shot" is. ;)

@JimboBBN what type of player should I make? I like PG.
If you go the point guard road I would make a sharpshooting playmaker. Dude would be really fast and have a jumper, which is exactly how you want your guards to be in the game. Shooting is extremely tough in this one, for whatever reason. But yea, be prepared to spend some money on VC for your character. If you go into the park or a career game as a 60, it will be that much harder to improve your player, considering everyone is at least an 80 or above already.

EDIT: might have read your post wrong. If you were implying Paul George instead of a point guard, my mistake.

Heh. I've been playing as a big since NBA 2000. All of you shooters, talking about what "shot" you are using... I don't even know what a "shot" is. ;)
I might have to start using the shot creator. The basic jumpers I’ve tried (Kobe, Durant, PG) have all been decent at best.

I might have to start using the shot creator. The basic jumpers I’ve tried (Kobe, Durant, PG) have all been decent at best.

What was jungle talking about? Carmelo 8 8 or something? I don't even know what those numbers mean:)

Ah so you just make your guy as tall as possible with the biggest wingspan possible and the most weight, then just get the dunk on everybody animation and rebound even if you are perfectly boxed out animation. Nice! :):D

Ah so you just make your guy as tall as possible with the biggest wingspan possible and the most weight, then just get the dunk on everybody animation and rebound even if you are perfectly boxed out animation. Nice! :):D

Hah! On 18, yeah!

But 19 has been SUCH a goddamn struggle.

I went with a 7 foot PF, 270. Vertical and lateral foot speed stays really good. Sure, I lose a little size, but whatever. Went Pure Glass Cleaner, and I cannot score at ALL. Like... at all. My guy simply won't dunk. Ever. And he misses every layup. I've been really stunned... my 18 guy, by the end I was REALLY hard to stop... this guy, he just sort of sucks:( Hoping that as I get the badges up to gold it improves.

Hah! On 18, yeah!

But 19 has been SUCH a goddamn struggle.

I went with a 7 foot PF, 270. Vertical and lateral foot speed stays really good. Sure, I lose a little size, but whatever. Went Pure Glass Cleaner, and I cannot score at ALL. Like... at all. My guy simply won't dunk. Ever. And he misses every layup. I've been really stunned... my 18 guy, by the end I was REALLY hard to stop... this guy, he just sort of sucks:( Hoping that as I get the badges up to gold it improves.

Post hooks and post fades (KAT style) are really really good. I imagine if you get your release down you will hit those non stop. Can you not post up and spin off your guy towards the rim and yam it every time?

Nope. I don't have Post Spin as a badge, and my guy just misses every layup. He won't even attempt to dunk most of the time, even though I have my dunks set up. I honestly am not sure what is wrong... it feels so completely off, as a big guy. It sucks, because I'm so used to working in the post. I might need to really work in a few more of the spin/fades... I don't use them much. Problem is that my guys arms are SUPER long, which ****ed up my shooting:(

It's great

Watched a YouTube video from from some guy claiming to be the greatest in the world and he claims "Jumpshot 8" is the answer to everything. I mean, in real world, this would be terrible form...and it's a really violent jumpshot with all kinds of wasted motion. I'm downvoting Jumpshot 8.

Did alright with Stockton's release on a 6'8 SF with 7'2 wingspan...but it was..uhh..weird and release is too quick. Then tried mixing John Stockton's jumper with Dirk Nowitzky's jumper...that was a fail... Did better with Larry Bird's.... Finally have settled with John Wall jumper, since I probably use Wizards 90% of time in online games.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Open your wallet for some VC Laughing You'll find out real quick

I've bought my way to the top of FIFA..probably spent $600 throughout year last year on FIFA 18. Literally didn't play any other games except FIFA. But money can't really take me much further in 2k. Once I maxed out the stats to 85, there's nothing I can buy regularly that would really improve the player. Good thing, I guess. I have VC for some bad ass tattoos though.

Also, it pisses me off they don't sell college gear in the stores. They need to buy NCAA licensing.

Post hooks and post fades (KAT style) are really really good. I imagine if you get your release down you will hit those non stop. Can you not post up and spin off your guy towards the rim and yam it every time?

This sound way more difficult to get good at then Madden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT