ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2021-2022, Predictions, Thoughts, Etc

My questions:

What's going to happen with Ben Simmons?
What's going to happen with Kyrie Irving and his vaccination status?

Thoughts on the East:
- I think Brooklyn and Milwaukee are going to be the best two teams again. If Brooklyn didn't lose 2/3 stars, they would have beaten the Bucks last year. Kyrie's status right now is making me lean Milwaukee.
- Philly is a question mark until they figure out what to do with Ben Simmons.
- The Heat are the sleeper team in the East

Thoughts on the West:
- A lot more wide open than the East.
- I'm not a huge Lakers fans but they could be a factor in the playoffs.
- If I had to pick a team, I would pick Utah but Lakers, Nuggets, Sun, Warriors, Clippers could all be in the mix.

Reactions: MGC_07
My questions:

I can't see a contender moving for Simmons so he could be headed to Siberia, a team like maybe the Cavs, or TWolves, or maybe New Orleans? Orlando? It's just looking like a team with a few assets his value is so low right now right?

Reactions: duckboy33
I can't see a contender moving for Simmons so he could be headed to Siberia, a team like maybe the Cavs, or TWolves, or maybe New Orleans? Orlando? It's just looking like a team with a few assets his value is so low right now right?

I have no idea what's going to happen with Simmons. I live near Philly and listening to the locals come up with trade ideas like "Dame for Simmons" is hilarious.

I have no idea what's going to happen with Simmons. I live near Philly and listening to the locals come up with trade ideas like "Dame for Simmons" is hilarious.
I read somewhere somebody hoping Zion for Ben.

Yeah doubtful.

Probably a couple draft picks and a fringe rotation player. Maybe you catch an expiring contract?

I read somewhere somebody hoping Zion for Ben.

Yeah doubtful.

Probably a couple draft picks and a fringe rotation player. Maybe you catch an expiring contract?

Yeah, that's probably what Philly could get for him at this point. 76ers fans just realize they need another star to pair with Embiid because of his injuries/fatigue issues. Embiid was 100% right with his comments the other day, letting Jimmy Butler walk was a huge mistake by the 76ers.

Not sure there's anything the 76ers can do now to get back in the mix.

My questions:

Thoughts on the East:
- I think Brooklyn and Milwaukee are going to be the best two teams again. If Brooklyn didn't lose 2/3 stars, they would have beaten the Bucks last year. Kyrie's status right now is making me lean Milwaukee.
- Philly is a question mark until they figure out what to do with Ben Simmons.
- The Heat are the sleeper team in the East

Thoughts on the West:
- A lot more wide open than the East.
- I'm not a huge Lakers fans but they could be a factor in the playoffs.
- If I had to pick a team, I would pick Utah but Lakers, Nuggets, Sun, Warriors, Clippers could all be in the mix.
none of these are bold.

If we're talking bold....

Hawks take top 2 seed in the East thanks to either Milwaukee or Brooklyn resting players/injuries/not taking it seriously.

Bones Hyland sleeper pick to make an all rookie team

Simmons plays for Philly this year

Man. Feel like the NBA literally just stopped last week. I'm in full NFL mode rn. I won't start caring about the NBA until March or so.

That said, I will lay out some predictions.

If Kyrie gets his head out of his ass and plays every game, assuming they stay healthy, nobody is touching Brooklyn. That includes Milwaukee or the Lakers. Sixers won't be a threat with or without Simmons. Clippers might be able to make some late season noise if Kawhi plays down the stretch. I think Denver will also be able to challenge out west if they can stay healthy.

Would love to see another Bron/KD finals. If it happens, KD gets number 3.

Playoffs or bust with the Timberwolves this season. DLO, KAT and Ant-Man looked incredible in the first preseason game. Too much talent to not, at least, get into the playoffs.

DLo
Okogie
Edwards
McDaniels
KAT

Pat Beverley
Malik Beasley
Taureen Prince
Jared Vanderbilt
Naz Reid

I expect that to be the main 10 man rotation. If they have another poor season, it'll be time to blow it up and build around Edwards.

Reactions: MGC_07
none of these are bold.

If we're talking bold....

Hawks take top 2 seed in the East thanks to either Milwaukee or Brooklyn resting players/injuries/not taking it seriously.

Bones Hyland sleeper pick to make an all rookie team

Simmons plays for Philly this year

My bold prediction - Kyrie Irving doesn’t get vaccinated and doesn’t play a game with Brooklyn this year

Nets-Lakers finals, I know it’s basic but those 2 teams have the most top end talent.

Warriors and 76ers are being overrated by the media, and Hawks and Nuggets are being underrated.

Nets-Lakers finals, I know it’s basic but those 2 teams have the most top end talent.

Warriors and 76ers are being overrated by the media, and Hawks and Nuggets are being underrated.

I like the Nuggets but do we know when Murray is going to be back?

I like the Nuggets but do we know when Murray is going to be back?
He determines a lot but I honestly still like them without him. Their SF-PF-C rotation is elite. Porter jr has star potential. I this team becomes a serious title threat in my eyes with a healthy Murray.

Playoffs or bust with the Timberwolves this season. DLO, KAT and Ant-Man looked incredible in the first preseason game. Too much talent to not, at least, get into the playoffs.

DLo
Okogie
Edwards
McDaniels
KAT

Pat Beverley
Malik Beasley
Taureen Prince
Jared Vanderbilt
Naz Reid

I expect that to be the main 10 man rotation. If they have another poor season, it'll be time to blow it up and build around Edwards.

It's bold, but I don't see it. I don't see the "too much talent to not make the playoffs" you proclaim. KAT has a lot of question marks as a top player on a team. Edwards way too young to be the #2 guy on a playoff team. DLo is an average starting PG. Okogie and McDaniels are not worthy of starting on a playoff team. Any team that has Taurean Prince in the rotation is not a playoff team.

Lakers
Utah
Phoenix
Denver
Clippers
Golden State
Portland
Dallas

That's 8 teams right there are that are easily better than Minnesota. Play in tourney should be the T-Wolves goal this year.

How about Charlotte taking another step...LeMelo makes strides... Scary Terry... Some new blood rook as 3rd G Bouknight...

Up front add hustle guy Plumlee when he's out you can slide Washington @ C... Oubre may be a solid add, somehow get Heyward thru the season. They won't all hit but they got some run and gun set up.

Bold R of the year prediction, have not seen this guy somebody help me out, what about the kid with OKC Giddey playing alongside Shai? This team looks absolutely terrible on paper he may be able to produce some #'s.

It's bold, but I don't see it. I don't see the "too much talent to not make the playoffs" you proclaim. KAT has a lot of question marks as a top player on a team. Edwards way too young to be the #2 guy on a playoff team. DLo is an average starting PG. Okogie and McDaniels are not worthy of starting on a playoff team. Any team that has Taurean Prince in the rotation is not a playoff team.

Lakers
Utah
Phoenix
Denver
Clippers
Golden State
Portland
Dallas

That's 8 teams right there are that are easily better than Minnesota. Play in tourney should be the T-Wolves goal this year.
DLo, Edwards and KAT only played 24 games together last year due to injuries. They went 13-11. That was without Malik Beasley as well, due to his suspension. After Ryan Saunders was fired and they hired Chris Finch, Edwards averaged close to 24 points a game with a 56.4 TS%. If the "Big 3" stay healthy, I fully expect them to make the playoffs.

So D Lo might be a stat guy but can you win with him? He's been around awhile now bad luck being on bad teams or is it time to say he's just not a winning guy?

Lakers will be must see tv imo. I think the Nets will be good. I think the Suns take a step back, and Utah stays about the same. Milwaukee will be a tough out. Clippers are a wildcard to me, as they could be really good or shit down their leg yet again.

He helped take the Nets to the playoffs before they had KD or Kyrie.
Not saying D Lo is a cancer, but that team lost 1st rd 4-1. They were 42-40. Just not much team success for him yet. Not throwing in towel on him. His #'s are good. Good career.

He's played 8 years, has been a part of 1 playoff win. That's pretty bad for a guy with his individual stats.

Not saying D Lo is a cancer, but that team lost 1st rd 4-1. They were 42-40. Just not much team success for him yet. Not throwing in towel on him. His #'s are good. Good career.

He's played 8 years, has been a part of 1 playoff win. That's pretty bad for a guy with his individual stats.

That team also didn't have a lot of good players. 42-40 was pretty good considering who they had. He's obviously not going to be the #1 or even the #2 a really good team but his lack of playoff success is largely due to playing on bad-mediocre teams.

That team also didn't have a lot of good players. 42-40 was pretty good considering who they had. He's obviously not going to be the #1 or even the #2 a really good team but his lack of playoff success is largely due to playing on bad-mediocre teams.
This may be the case on all his teams, just not very good players. I could argue as a lead guard he could elevate some guys maybe? I haven't looked at those rosters too closely. If you told me they were garbage I'd be inclined to take your word for it, they probably were. Just too young with Lakers to really look at that timeline too.

He still doesn't jump out as an upper level player despite his stats. Something is missing. Maybe it will come together this year. If MN makes the playoffs that would be impressive and he'd probably be a big reason for it.

Would love Dallas to find a 3rd star . Luka is the man and should be on top of the NBA.

If and when Jamal Murray comes back then Denver has everything they need.

I am not buying into the lakers. Russ is way past his prime. Howard and Melo are not good at all and Davis is injury prone.

If the warriors can get healthy I like them...

Miami is a massive sleeper.

Porzingas (the poor mans Nowitzki) and by poor mans, I mean destitute Nowitzki.

Wonder how that's gonna play for Ben in the locker room. Guess he didn't wanna forfeit that paycheck. I think he gets traded pretty soon if this is how it will be. Maybe they just pay him to stay away until they can get it done.

A buddy told me he was practicing with his cell phone in his pocket. Yeah, he didn't wanna forfeit the $, no shock. Can't imagine him ever playing for them. Would think Doc would just tell him stay home but I guess that's a mgt. call.

ADVERTISEMENT