ADVERTISEMENT

***National Championship Game Thread***

Yeah, get that rebound and they win IMO. Tough break but it was a great play by McCormick.

Eh, those are the shots Love takes. Those are the shots he has taken all years. That is what he does.
Yeah, I think there's a very good chance you guys win if ya'll grab that rebound...

I get it with Love......But then again, I mean, you gotta be better than that...Gotta be a better teammate. Not trying to pile on the kid----UNC isn't there if not for him. BUT.....I mean, some of those shots Cory? Wow.

Manek has to get more than 8 shots....He was in "Baylor mode"----and only gets 8 looks. To me, that was a gift from UNC to KU...

The floor does not usually do that. There is no debate there.

It has nothing to do with the win/loss aspect of the game IMO but it isn't something that is acceptable when it reinjures a guy.

KU’s ability to turn the switch and go on a huge run has been nuts all year. So unexpected from this team. I should have never doubted them.

Announcers need to stop with the puns in a championship game.

What can Braun do for you? A little Remy in the night. All we need is Love. No, we don't need any of that. Save that for the Bill Walton broadcasts.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Was I on the wrong channel, or did they just completely skip the One Shining Moment?

Some of our insiders have said the school may escape a postseason ban with Self and Townsend taking the brunt of the punishment. Possible 1 (at worse 2) year ban for Self with Townsend most likely getting a much longer ban. No one really knows anything though.
They need to can Townsend the minute that the ruling comes in.

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK
The floor does not usually do that. There is no debate there.
They elevated the floor more than a normal arena which is what has to be done in a dome that seats 70K. In a normal arena the floors are put right on the concrete base but this was elevated at least 18 inches to 2 feet. There is more give when elevated as such.

They elevated the floor more than a normal arena which is what has to be done in a dome that seats 70K. In a normal arena the floors are put right on the concrete base but this was elevated at least 18 inches to 2 feet. There is more give when elevated as such.

Right, I get all of that. But the floor doesn't usually buckle like that. Regardless, it's all good anyway. He had a weak ankle already so that played a part.

Can you show me a video of it happening somewhere else? I have never seen that in my entire life
I put the basketball floor in 50 times when I was in college. We did not elevate the floor like they have to in large domes.

It was on TBS.

And yeah, the puns are dumb. I hate puns in all areas of life though.
giphy.gif

Right, I get all of that. But the floor doesn't usually buckle like that. Regardless, it's all good anyway. He had a weak ankle already so that played a part.
If you had a close up of the floor on every possession in the game, you would have seen it numerous times. It is the nature of the beast in these large venues.

Definitely looks weird when he steps. Have to wonder how often that does happen with the panels moving like that during a play and how often it causes slips. Tough break for that to happen for Bacot and UNC.

I think he is ok though. Looked like he was walking alright after the game. It was already going to be sore for a bit but that is how it goes with ankles.

If you had a close up of the floor on every possession in the game, you would have seen it numerous times. It is the nature of the beast in these large venues.

Eh, maybe. Feel like maybe we could find one other example of it if that was the case (and maybe we can). Seriously, maybe this happens every possession and we have just never noticed.

Definitely looks weird when he steps. Have to wonder how often that does happen with the panels moving like that during a play and how often it causes slips. Tough break for that to happen for Bacot and UNC.
We had problems when we would put the floor in over ice that was in for hockey games. The floor wouldn’t give but there were times when condensation would form on the floor and we would sometimes have to stop the game and dry the floor.

If NCAA is playing with a setup that can cause injuries like that then they should be sued. Take the games to actual courts. That's dangerous.

If NCAA is playing with a setup that can cause injuries like that then they should be sued. Take the games to actual courts. That's dangerous.
It didn’t cause his injury. He already had a bum wheel and it appears he aggravated it.

This KU team is an impressive bunch of guys.

1. OA pointing out Puff Johnson having issues to the ref to stop play. He could have tried to take advantage of him not being able to defend.

2. As stupid as it was to us fans to hold off trying to score when Bacot hurt his ankle, along with running time the players apparently held off because they saw him struggling to get up the court and stopped the ball so refs could stop play.

Serious? Maybe players could sue schools like Minnesota as well? Or Vandy?

I think you are taking this a bit to far.....

This KU team is an impressive bunch of guys.

1. OA pointing out Puff Johnson having issues to the ref to stop play. He could have tried to take advantage of him not being able to defend.

2. As stupid as it was to us fans to hold off trying to score when Bacot hurt his ankle, along with running time the players apparently held off because they saw him struggling to get up the court and stopped the ball so refs could stop play.
Dumb and dumber, TBH...If its something catastrophic---sure. Life threatening , sure.....But a twisted ankle, and a belly ache?

No. You score. Those two instances could have costed KU a title----and if it had, I;d be willing to bet your view would be a hell of a lot different...

Dumb and dumber, TBH...If its something catastrophic---sure. Life threatening , sure.....But a twisted ankle, and a belly ache?

No. You score. Those two instances could have costed KU a title----and if it had, I;d be willing to bet your view would be a hell of a lot different...

Oh 100%. I’d be calling them dumb. They can be dumb and a good set of guys.

Gottlieb said it is normal, so I will take his word on it.
I dunno....I've had it happen as an official----so it does occur. BUT, to keep harping on it is, well, kinda of pointless....And now start talking lawsuits?

Sheesh...

TOugh loss man---I get it. But damn, brother.

ADVERTISEMENT