ADVERTISEMENT

***National Championship Game Thread***

Dumbass that stepped out of bounds gonna get a visit from me.
giphy.gif
Great movie!!!😂

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Manek only taking 8 shots the entire game was baffling.
I thought Kansas just did a good job against him.

Kansas missed some FTs and some layups they generally don't. Love missed some shots he usually makes (at least some). Kansas was the better team but UNC acquitted themselves well. They had a shot. One rebound on the miss, which they probably get if Bacot isn't hurt, and they probably win IMO.

Well earned for Kansas. Congrats, Jayhawk fans. Great team and fun game. Enjoy it.

Kansas doesn't deserve it either, but the NCAA will get to that............just too bad they chose to be chicken sh*** and wait until after it was too late to keep you from winning another title. ;)
Let 'em hammer us for discussing benefits for a player who ultimately lived in a million dollar home in Durham.

Right now, I don't really care. 😁

Let 'em hammer us for discussing benefits for a player who ultimately lived in a million dollar home in Durham.

Right now, I don't really care. 😁
That's my point. The NCAA could've (and should have) prevented this, and they chose to do nothing.

But again remember, I told you Kansas would win because I bet on them. ;)

Reactions: ExitFlagger
We tried to tell everyone at halftime Kansas was gonna win this game, didn't we Borden? I didn't even bother to look at the halftime odds but it would've paid verrrrrrrrry handsomely to bet Kansas to win when they were down 15.
That feel was there.....Especially when UNC failed to push the lead to 18, 20 or so. Its something I;ve always harped on----having a 10, 12 point lead or so---having the ball 2/3 times, and not expnading the lead...Its killer.

Then to start second half, it was as if UNC was down 15, not KU. They rushed everything. IMO, they were trying to hard to put KU away, early in the 2nd half, instead of just playing. They allowed KU to speed them up, turned it over----and within in a blink, it was a 6 point game.......then a 2 point game----then down 6.

UNC panicked, got rushed, and took some of the worst shots ever. Absolute no offense in the 2nd half----lots of dribbling, one on one basketball.

Stick to the game plan ----PNR with Manek.....flare screens with Manek----feed Bacot, THEN get Rj/Love involved. Got away from that, and well...............

Last edited:
maybe you missed him twice getting smacked in the head.

neither play was dirty or a foul. Stuff just happens.
I saw it, but he should’ve had more looks. I just think an extra pass could’ve been made on several possessions.

Just curious though, what was the worst case scenario for KU? Is the 2008 title safe?
They aren’t going to vacate anything I suspect. The reason that KU will be banned is because they married themselves to Self. The other programs fired their coaches and self imposed penalties and players transferred. KU is riding with the sins so they will get a postseason ban or two.

Just curious though, what was the worst case scenario for KU? Is the 2008 title safe?

The only thing that could be wiped out is the 2018 season because of De Sousa. That’s the only player that was involved in the FBI scandal that actually played for KU. Preston and Zion didn’t play a game for KU. That would remove the 2018 F4 and remove from the record books KU’s conference streak. Sounds like from insiders though that may be safe because the NCAA cleared De Sousa multiple times both before and after everything.

No idea how it all plays out at this point. In the end winning the title is worth it all.

Reactions: KisteK
The only thing that could be wiped out is the 2018 season because of De Sousa. That’s the only player that was involved in the FBI scandal that actually played for KU. Preston and Zion didn’t play a game for KU. That would remove the 2018 F4 and remove from the record books KU’s conference streak. Sounds like from insiders though that may be safe because the NCAA cleared De Sousa multiple times both before and after everything.

No idea how it all plays out at this point. In the end winning the title is worth it all.
Don't worry about that. Enjoy your team's contribution to my better sleep tonight. If I ever go to bed.

I see. As long as your 2008 title is safe, and that they cant take away this year's, nothing else should matter all. Congrats for the win, Bill Self is doing amazing job with KU.

Lol I love that your default defense mechanism is to blast Iowa any chance you get, even though we were talking about UNC getting by on hero ball chucking.

It's okay though. I don't take much of your hatred at face value anymore because you have my sympathy......... ;)
I was just stating a fact their "hero ball" got them past the 1st round.....Notihng more.

Why would I hate Iowa? Wht reason is there? You dudes are less relevant than Indiana. NO Big 10 titles since Magic won a national title....Lat time Iowa was in the FF, NBC and Dick Enberg were showing/calling the games....No SW16 since, I dunno, what, 1999?

Why in the world would hate Iowa?

They aren’t going to vacate anything I suspect. The reason that KU will be banned is because they married themselves to Self. The other programs fired their coaches and self imposed penalties and players transferred. KU is riding with the sins so they will get a postseason ban.

Some of our insiders have said the school may escape a postseason ban with Self and Townsend taking the brunt of the punishment. Possible 1 (at worse 2) year ban for Self with Townsend most likely getting a much longer ban. No one really knows anything though.

Some of our insiders have said the school may escape a postseason ban with Self and Townsend taking the brunt of the punishment. Possible 1 (at worse 2) year ban for Self with Townsend most likely getting a much longer ban. No one really knows anything though.
I heard otherwise.

So on the Bacot ankle sprain the court actually moved. NCAA should be embarrassed. How TF do they not have the court put down properly?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
maybe you missed him twice getting smacked in the head.

neither play was dirty or a foul. Stuff just happens.
If thats the case, then why play him? Dude had 13/13/4....He didn't seem fazed. And I would hope like fuk UNC wouldn't play a kid, showing signs of a concussion...

Manek didn;t get shots because Love and Davis were busy chuking up 41 of their own....Not b/c he got hit in the head.

I heard otherwise.

No one has any clue what the NCAA and IARP are going to decide. It’s always a mystery and so inconsistent. Also this new legislation may wipe out KU possibly getting any punishment if it passes. Another issue it seems is the NCAA and IARP don’t seem to be seeing eye to eye on the investigations. They have twice now try to interfere in the investigations after saying it would be independent from the NCAA.

So on the Bacot ankle sprain the court actually moved. NCAA should be embarrassed. How TF do they not have the court put down properly?
Heard that multiple places but do you have a credible source?

Almost felt like KU deserved to lose when Bacot rolled his ankle again and KU failed to exploit the obvious advantage they held inside. Hey, let's dribble the ball for ten seconds and see if the opposing player is doing okay. Come on! This isn't a charity game.

Overall, though, thought KU was the better team. They made up that 15 point deficit in a hurry... Just wish Love would have shot 5-24 in the previous game.

We cant blame the NCAA for everyting----thats on the Superdome folk.

And really, the court moved? Weird.

Sigh anything that could happen for us to lose happened. Sigh.

Hopefully he sues someone and gets paid if he is injured badly.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Almost felt like KU deserved to lose when Bacot rolled his ankle again and KU failed to exploit the obvious advantage they held inside. Hey, let's dribble the ball for ten seconds and see if the opposing player is doing okay. Come on! This isn't a charity game.

Overall, though, thought KU was the better team. They made up that 15 point deficit in a hurry... Just wish Love would have shot 5-24 in the previous game.
KInda of felt IF UNC had gotten that rebound, up 69-68, they would have won----huge board by McCormick.

As for Love?

Yikes. Its one thing to have a bad shooting night----its another to take the shots he took. Even his drives to the hoop were hideous shots....Its like everyone else was playing basketball, while he was playing horse....I put some of that on HUbert----you gotta corral that shit.

If you zoom in you can really see it. I mean, it didn't really have a lot to do with the outcome but you can clearly see it buckle when he lands.

KInda of felt IF UNC had gotten that rebound, up 69-68, they would have won----huge board by McCormick.

As for Love?

Yikes. Its one thing to have a bad shooting night----its another to take the shots he took. Even his drives to the hoop were hideous shots....Its like everyone else was playing basketball, while he was playing horse....I put some of that on HUbert----you gotta corral that shit.

Yeah, get that rebound and they win IMO. Tough break but it was a great play by McCormick.

Eh, those are the shots Love takes. Those are the shots he has taken all years. That is what he does.

Reactions: KisteK
KU is 5 for 5 on making the Final Four this century on years that end in 2 or 8 (2002, 2008, 2012, 2018, 2022).

They're 1 for 17 on making the Final Four this century on years not ending in 2 or 8 (2003).

Enjoy this one, Kansas fans. Could be another six years before you see the Final Four again.

As for Love?

Those are kind of the shots Love takes, though. Sometimes he's in the zone and he can't be stopped. Dude has burned us four times in past two seasons. He played awful in the only game he lost against Duke. When he's off, he's really off. Definitely a streaky shooter. But, he clearly has the ability to take over the game and beat anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT