ADVERTISEMENT

My Top 25 (sort of) and roster updates

i hate to sound like i am bragging, but i think we will have a power house

i think in the SEC UK finishes first and UT finishes second
if both teams are on opposite sides of the NCAAT brackets both have a real chance to make the FF
I'll be OK with that if we win the NCAA, deal?

please link those daily threads, or are you just stretching the truth like you normally do (some call that a lie)

BTW we are talking about your actions on THIS board
quit trying to distract from that

Well, let's see...I count 4 KU-bashing threads on the first two pages of Rafters. Jealous little haters.

Lol

In all seriousness, if there ever was a season to think it, this would be the year. Once they got the transfer, it became serious.

They could be really good, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a run-of-the-mill top 15ish team. No one can say since a majority of the expected contributors haven't stepped onto a college court yet. None of the freshmen are projected to be superstars, and they don't look very scary on tape.

Travis is pretty good, but he's not that efficient for his position.

Lol

In all seriousness, if there ever was a season to think it, this would be the year. Once they got the transfer, it became serious.
Hi new guy! I’ve noticed you in multiple threads here on the board lately. I’d love to know who you root for so I can properly judge you in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
so let's see if my facts are correct
UT had the best team it has had in two decades and managed to go 2-1 against UK, losing when it mattered the most to UK in the SECT
then flaming out in the NCAAT and not even getting past the first weekend losing to an 11 seed
all with the best team UT has had in two decades
congrats...........................i guess

did i miss anything?
From 05-'11, Tennessee consistently finished in the top 3 in the league & made the tournament every year, advancing to 3 sweet 16's & 1 elite 8. Then we went to the sweet 16 again in 2014. So, no, last year certainly wasn't our best year in two decades.

The guys that put together the Blogger site for our team profiles have been harassing me for the little comment sections for the ACC and SEC. They suggested that perhaps some posters here might like to put together some 3 paragraph previews for the teams that they follow. The guys will pick out the ones they like best for each team and add them to the team roster section.

I'm pretty sure I know how this will go, but I said that I would throw it out there anyway. Another Idea is a preseason fan poll, where people here list their pre-season Top 25 and we compile them for an official Rivals Fan Poll. One of the guys suggests a scoring system where we reward some kind of prize or trophy to the pollster who's preseason poll is closest to the final AP Poll.

Anyway... just some ideas. I'll check back in a few days.

As a die hard Spartan fan, I can only hope that my team is ranked outside the top 10 in the preseason. I like our chances on the big ten, but also in the overall landscape of the season itself.

In all fairmess, so do Duke, KU and UNC fans. Plus, under Cal, I'd expect to be there in contention as well.
I remember the days when a certain fan base felt like that. Ohhhhjh, those were the timrs.

There's a big difference between expecting to field a contender and expecting to win it all. KU fans have been burned so many times, few "expect" a title even when the odds look great on paper. But they do expect to be a contender and always are.

have you ever met a UK fan who didn't expect a championship the next year?
Yes, and I know far, far more UK fans than you. We are realistic, as most years UK has a shot at the championship. Hell 1998 is a perfect example of that dude.

Tennessee's goals are a sweet sixteen. Pitiful!

I am still pissed off last year because UK did not make a final four.

Now my big question is: Has Tennessee ever made it to the final four?
I am looking for a final four appearance, but I can't find ONE!
Surely, I am wrong.
What am I missing?
Is google messed UP?

have you ever met a UK fan who didn't expect a championship the next year?
Yes, and I know far, far more UK fans than you. We are realistic, as most years UK has a shot at the championship. Hell 1998 is a perfect example of that dude.

Tennessee's goals are a sweet sixteen. Pitiful!

I am still pissed off last year because UK did not make a final four.

Now my big question is: Has Tennessee ever made it to the final four?
I am looking for a final four appearance, but I can't find ONE!
Surely, I am wrong.
What am I missing?
Is google messed UP?

Not sure if you're mistaken, but I'm not a Tennessee fan, so I cant answer any of your questions....sorry.

Also, I'm sitting on my back porch and I'm looking at louisville's skyline, so I'm not certain you know many more UK fans than I do. Try again...

Reactions: cosmickid
Not sure if you're mistaken, but I'm not a Tennessee fan, so I cant answer any of your questions....sorry.

Also, I'm sitting on my back porch and I'm looking at louisville's skyline, so I'm not certain you know many more UK fans than I do. Try again...

Based on your posts it seems like you were a UT fan. I don't know who you root for.

Yeap I know more UK fans than you, I do because I have been collecting them for 72 years! Laughing

Plus I went to UL. Of course that was before Denny Crum. At that time UL was full of UK fans.

for the 6 main conferences.

https://thediaperdandy.blogspot.com/

I think I've posted this over here the past few years, and some liked the rosters... if not ignore:)

35 teams better than West Virginia (pressvirginia)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ADVERTISEMENT