ADVERTISEMENT

Must Just Be an SEC Thing

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Blaming refs not exclusive to UK fans. Ole Miss’ turn. Maybe an entire region of the nation is just salty, or maybe the conference’s refs do whistle calls differently than others. Amazing how the SEC is the only conference where one of two teams always feels like they just got a sandpaper hand job.

5-A303-AFF-B089-4579-A368-33-D3-BE854-A99.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes, & not just in KY games, the foul discrepancy is amazing.
Start looking at Auburn's box scores. They get thirty to fifty free throws ever damned game. Yesterday at Missouri Auburn got 46 free throws to Missouri's 29. The only problem is that Auburn missed 16 of them.

At home UK got 24 free throws. Alabama got 26 at home.

I guess that Pearl teaches kids how to get fouled.

Same shit happens in the B1G.
Not even close. I watch cbb every night, BIG10/ACC/BIG12/BIG EAST/PAC12 refs are sooo much better.

BIG 10 refs let the players decide the game. I watched the Michigan v Michigan State game and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. They were litteraly tackling each other and no whistle.

At the same time, UK was playing Tennessee, it was a typical SEC game where the refs feed off the home crowd and call every fingernail touch.

SEC games always have dudes in serious foul trouble, the best players usually have to sit on the bench because they just got called for a bump while going for a rebound.

Ole Miss fans have a right to feel pissed off, but UK was in foul trouble too. Hagans fouled out with 3 minutes left in the game, so it was ridiculous for both teams.

Not even close. I watch cbb every night, BIG10/ACC/BIG12/BIG EAST/PAC12 refs are sooo much better.

BIG 10 refs let the players decide the game. I watched the Michigan v Michigan State game and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. They were litteraly tackling each other and no whistle.

At the same time, UK was playing Tennessee, it was a typical SEC game where the refs feed off the home crowd and call every fingernail touch.

SEC games always have dudes in serious foul trouble, the best players usually have to sit on the bench because they just got called for a bump while going for a rebound.

Ole Miss fans have a right to feel pissed off, but UK was in foul trouble too. Hagans fouled out with 3 minutes left in the game, so it was ridiculous for both teams.

Watch an Iowa home game. As excruciating as that may be. Wear shades for eye protection from the glare.

The SEC refs caters to Kentucky. I watched that game. Ole Miss got screwed.
You know little about basketball do you. Ole Miss lives off the jump shot. Kentucky has three big men and Ole Miss did not have to guys big enough to guard them without fouling. When they doubled up on the bigs that allowed UK guards to penetrate and get good shots.

The only reason that Ole Miss was in the game was because UK could not hit a damned three point shot for love nor money.

Keep watching the sport Big George one day you will begin to understand it.

The Michigan, Michigan State game was one of the better reffed games I’ve seen this year. Game before that Michigan played Ohio State. That was the most physical, the worst reffed game I’ve ever seen. Just shoving guys out of bounds and no call made/ they should have given the refs a T and thrown them out.

The Michigan, Michigan State game was one of the better reffed games I’ve seen this year. Game before that Michigan played Ohio State. That was the most physical, the worst reffed game I’ve ever seen. Just shoving guys out of bounds and no call made/ they should have given the refs a T and thrown them out.
I'd rather have games where no fouls are called over the free throw shooting contests we see in the SEC almost every game.

It's at the point where you can't go after rebounds and all your bigs can only stand in the paint with their arms straight up like statues to stay put of foul trouble. But even that doesn't work, because the guy driving the ball jumps sideways into your big and he's rewarded with a foul.

Give me BIG10 officials any day over the crap stripes we see in the SEC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You know little about basketball do you. Ole Miss lives off the jump shot. Kentucky has three big men and Ole Miss did not have to guys big enough to guard them without fouling. When they doubled up on the bigs that allowed UK guards to penetrate and get good shots.

The only reason that Ole Miss was in the game was because UK could not hit a damned three point shot for love nor money.

Keep watching the sport Big George one day you will begin to understand it.
Scoreboard LOL

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Start looking at Auburn's box scores. They get thirty to fifty free throws ever damned game. Yesterday at Missouri Auburn got 46 free throws to Missouri's 29. The only problem is that Auburn missed 16 of them.

At home UK got 24 free throws. Alabama got 26 at home.

I guess that Pearl teaches kids how to get fouled.

I watched it happen. That’s how they were able to lick our Cocks. Can’t figure the hard on refs have for auburn.

I'd rather have games where no fouls are called over the free throw shooting contests we see in the SEC almost every game.

It's at the point where you can't go after rebounds and all your bigs can only stand in the paint with their arms straight up like statues to stay put of foul trouble. But even that doesn't work, because the guy driving the ball jumps sideways into your big and he's rewarded with a foul.

Give me BIG10 officials any day over the crap stripes we see in the SEC.

That’s what I hate more than anything, they should never reward an offensive player that is trying to draw a foul more than they are trying to make a basket, regardless if they are “technically” fouled or not. And I think the same thing everytime I see a jump shooter get his man in the air and then jump sideways into him while hurling the ball at the goal that has no chance of going in.

Only thing worse is when the zebras wait to see if the ball goes in the goal or not before calling a foul, like it’s either a foul or it’s not a foul, whether the offensive player makes the shot should have no impact on whether or not a foul is called, but you still see it all the time. That in particular does make me wonder sometimes like the refs have decided that “team x” is going to score this possession, if the shot goes in play on but if it rims out call the foul ‍♂️

Reactions: kyjeff1
I caught the very end, and imo Ole Miss choked it at the line (know the feeling smh), esp tyree down the stretch. As much as I dislike UK it was quite beautiful from a betting standpoint bc i got UK -2.5 live bet and it was looking great after quickly made his FTs, then the announcers were calling that cal was instructing his uk to foul to negate any chance at a 3 and I was instantly pissed when that happened, but mr tyree choked another FT and $$ made. I haven’t watched Ole Miss enough to know his mannerisms or facial expressions, but I can sense fear in someone’s eyes and he def had that deer in headlights look as he toed the line down 1. That was when Hagans fouled out and it was an extremely stupid foul, but he did foul him. But I have no clue how badly the whole game was called or not called or whatever.

That’s what I hate more than anything, they should never reward an offensive player that is trying to draw a foul more than they are trying to make a basket, regardless if they are “technically” fouled or not. And I think the same thing everytime I see a jump shooter get his man in the air and then jump sideways into him while hurling the ball at the goal that has no chance of going in.

Only thing worse is when the zebras wait to see if the ball goes in the goal or not before calling a foul, like it’s either a foul or it’s not a foul, whether the offensive player makes the shot should have no impact on whether or not a foul is called, but you still see it all the time. That in particular does make me wonder sometimes like the refs have decided that “team x” is going to score this possession, if the shot goes in play on but if it rims out call the foul ‍♂️
Spot on.

I caught the very end, and imo Ole Miss choked it at the line (know the feeling smh), esp tyree down the stretch. As much as I dislike UK it was quite beautiful from a betting standpoint bc i got UK -2.5 live bet and it was looking great after quickly made his FTs, then the announcers were calling that cal was instructing his uk to foul to negate any chance at a 3 and I was instantly pissed when that happened, but mr tyree choked another FT and $$ made. I haven’t watched Ole Miss enough to know his mannerisms or facial expressions, but I can sense fear in someone’s eyes and he def had that deer in headlights look as he toed the line down 1. That was when Hagans fouled out and it was an extremely stupid foul, but he did foul him. But I have no clue how badly the whole game was called or not called or whatever.
I basically agree with you post Villian. The game was not that poorly called. The fouls shot differential happened at the end. In fact UK took six free throws in the last 1:11. At that time both teams had 6 fouls each.

Speaking of the refs. They made sure Carolina lost to Miss St tonight.

It's painfully obvious the SEC Commissioner ordered the refs to make sure Carolina lost so Kentucky could win the SEC.

SAD!

It's painfully obvious the SEC Commissioner ordered the refs to make sure Carolina lost so Kentucky could win the SEC.

SAD!

That certainly didn't help the Cock cause. The free throw discrepancy was unreal. In general, I just believe the Cocks, as a whole, played poorly. Turnovers. Hannibal played a huge role in the loss. Miss Minaya bad. Missed McCreary last night. Needed another big body down there.

Reactions: BigGeorge38 Fan

SAD!

That certainly didn't help the Cock cause. The free throw discrepancy was unreal. In general, I just believe the Cocks, as a whole, played poorly. Turnovers. Hannibal played a huge role in the loss. Miss Minaya bad. Missed McCreary last night. Needed another big body down there.

You guys don't know what getting screwed is at all. Auburn got 44 free throws to Kentucky's 24.

Weatherspoon tore USC a new butt hole. Why not defend him?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT