ADVERTISEMENT

Most overrated player or aspect of a team you had to listen to this year?

Yes, because an NCAA tournament title is the ONLY way to judge a player. Seems to me there are a LOT of loser players out there that we celebrate.

Stupid argument.

When did I say it's the only way to judge a player? I was just staying consistent with your logic. You said Dickinson hasn't won anything, remember?

So if you're talking about individual honors (3x All-Big 10, 2x consensus AA, All Big 12, Big 10 ROY, Big 10 All Freshman, NCAA All-region) that's a really dumb take. And if you're talking about team honors, he has a Big 10 championship and multiple Sweet 16s/Elite 8 with Juwan Howard as head coach. With no tourney losses to crappy midmajors.

So again, if I'm feeling sorry for anybody, it's the guy whose tourney history consists of losing to 13, 15 and 16 seeds.

When did I say it's the only way to judge a player? I was just staying consistent with your logic. You said Dickinson hasn't won anything, remember?

So if you're talking about individual honors (3x All-Big 10, 2x consensus AA, All Big 12, Big 10 ROY, Big 10 All Freshman, NCAA All-region) that's a really dumb take. And if you're talking about team honors, he has a Big 10 championship and multiple Sweet 16s/Elite 8 with Juwan Howard as head coach. With no tourney losses to crappy midmajors.

So again, if I'm feeling sorry for anybody, it's the guy whose tourney history consists of losing to 13, 15 and 16 seeds.
I was originally speaking in regards to conference and/or national championships considering he knew he wasn't going to win shit at Michigan anymore and why he transferred to Kansas. Then I remembered he won one his freshman(?) year, which is why I mentioned it later in another post.

You're the one that originally responded in regards to only a national championship and making that a dig on Edey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nintendo
For me it has to be UK's bigs. Our 7 footers this, our 7 footers that. Just wait till we get our 7 footers. Finally, "Big" Z was nothing, but a big disappointment.
Well since you brought it up and ask I’ll tell you Lou Lou. Here goes…. each of the last five years all we’ve heard is how Rick Barnes has his best team ever at Tennessee only to watch him and Tennessee choke and go home early from March madness. In my opinion this year‘s Tennessee team was the best Tennessee team I’ve ever seen. They had one of the three best players in Tennessee basketball history with Dalton K. Throw in the fact that they had the SEC defensive player of the year and several good returning player's and you can’t give me one good reason this team shouldn’t have made a final 4. I don’t see how you or any UT fans defends this. Barnes was outcoached in this game. If you wanna talk about disappointment look no further than Tennessee basketball. I was pulling for you though believe it or not.

Well since you brought it up and ask I’ll tell you Lou Lou. Here goes…. each of the last five years all we’ve heard is how Rick Barnes has his best team ever at Tennessee only to watch him and Tennessee choke and go home early from March madness. In my opinion this year‘s Tennessee team was the best Tennessee team I’ve ever seen. They had one of the three best players in Tennessee basketball history with Dalton K. Throw in the fact that they had the SEC defensive player of the year and several good returning player's and you can’t give me one good reason this team shouldn’t have made a final 4. I don’t see how you or any UT fans defends this. Barnes was outcoached in this game. If you wanna talk about disappointment look no further than Tennessee basketball. I was pulling for you though believe it or not.
Barnes wasn't out coached. He was out Eddied. Btw, you never thanked us for exacting revenge for y'all on St Peters. You're welcome. :p

Barnes wasn't out coached. He was out Eddied. Btw, you never thanked us for exacting revenge for y'all on St Peters. You're welcome. :p
You’ve never thanked UK for carrying the SEC for most of its existence, so just call us even. Are you mad because Barnes threw away this season for UT?

Oh and yes, Barnes was outcoached. Big E done what his coach told him to do and Barnes never countered it so….

You’ve never thanked UK for carrying the SEC for most of its existence, so just call us even. Are you mad because Barnes threw away this season for UT?
I called it even for covering up for y'all in CFB and every other sport.
I love Barnes, SEC Champs and a deep run in the dance. It's not like we got our ass kicked by a no name in the opening round. Where are you with your program at this moment?

Oh and yes, Barnes was outcoached. Big E done what his coach told him to do and Barnes never countered it so….

I'm all for a good shitting on Rick Barnes session, but sometimes there is nothing you can do lol. There really isn't much of a counter to a dude being fvcking good and 9 feet tall.

Reactions: cdbearde
I called it even for covering up for y'all in CFB and every other sport.
I love Barnes, SEC Champs and a deep run in the dance. It's not like we got our ass kicked by a no name in the opening round. Where are you with your program at this moment?
Bama, LSU and UGA carry’s the SEC in football but thanks for trying. You’ve said yourself many times that a final four is a failure so I’m sure you look at this UT team which is the best UT team ever in the same light.

Reactions: treyforuk
Bama, LSU and UGA carry’s the SEC in football but thanks for trying. You’ve said yourself many times that a final four is a failure so I’m sure you look at this UT team which is the best UT team ever in the same light.
UT has beaten LSU and bama in the last two years. Has UK ever beaten them?

You either win the title or you don’t, that is true. I still think it’s dumb to brag about a loss, but you do you.

This was the best UT team, but we couldn’t account for Eddy. It is what it is.

UT has beaten LSU and bama in the last two years. Has UK ever beaten them?

You either win the title or you don’t, that is true. I still think it’s dumb to brag about a loss, but you do you.

This was the best UT team, but we couldn’t account for Eddy. It is what it is.
We (UK) couldn’t account for a division 2 guy hitting fade away 3’s, wide open 3’s and bank in 3’s either but there isn’t any excuse for it. Barnes should’ve had a man in front and behind big Ed. Make somebody else beat you. Don’t let a player of the year all-American have 40 and send you to the house. Horrible coaching!

We (UK) couldn’t account for a division 2 guy hitting fade away 3’s, wide open 3’s and bank in 3’s either but there isn’t any excuse for it. Barnes should’ve had a man in front and behind big Ed. Make somebody else beat you. Don’t let a player of the year all-American have 40 and send you to the house. Horrible coaching!
They did that in Maui, Layor scored 27. We couldn't stop him or even slow him down. They just didn't call in fouls on him and they didn't call any lane violations on him. He is a great player though and it is what it is.

They did that in Maui, Layor scored 27. We couldn't stop him or even slow him down. They just didn't call in fouls on him and they didn't call any lane violations on him. He is a great player though and it is what it is.
Oh so the refs beat y’all. Noted!😂 I just wanna say that I’m sorry that your best coach in UT program history with his best team ever that included an all American and a SEC defensive player of the year couldn’t get you to a final four. I thought this was the year that UT would break through and do what most other SEC schools have done…make a final four. At least you got the head to head on Cal and the split with UK to get you through.

Oh so the refs beat y’all. Noted!😂 I just wanna say that I’m sorry that your best coach in UT program history with his best team ever that included an all American and a SEC defensive player of the year couldn’t get you to a final four. I thought this was the year that UT would break through and do what most other SEC schools have done…make a final four. At least you got the head to head on Cal and the split with UK to get you through.
I didn’t blame the refs. You’re disingenuous, but your envy is obvious. UT had a good season and UK squandered more talent than anyone in the country had. You’re jealous and we both know it.

You could always join the new reality and start pulling for the Vols. St. Peter’s and Oakland have to be bitter pills to swallow.

Jealous of a school that’s never made a final four? Sure!😂 What’s the matter? You mad? You started a thread and I gave my opinion on the question you ask. Don’t throw shade and then get your little feelings hurt when you get it back. I gave an honest answer. Hearing UT fans talk about how great Barnes and UT are when they can’t even make a final four gets old. Don’t get mad at me because y’all underperform every year. As far as the peacocks and Oakland, shit happens but Cal needs to get it together or hit the road. So I still want him as our coach? Yes I do and I think he’s still the best man for the job.

Jealous of a school that’s never made a final four? Sure!😂 What’s the matter? You mad? You started a thread and I gave my opinion on the question you ask. Don’t throw shade and then get your little feelings hurt when you get it back. I gave an honest answer. Hearing UT fans talk about how great Barnes and UT are when they can’t even make a final four gets old. Don’t get mad at me because y’all underperform every year. As far as the peacocks and Oakland, shit happens but Cal needs to get it together or hit the road. So I still want him as our coach? Yes I do and I think he’s still the best man for the job.
We won the SEC. We made a deep run in the SEC and we have a good coach. Now that it is over I'll watch some #5 ranked Vols Baseball.

The only thing y'all have ever had is now in shambles. Yet, you ask me if I'm mad? :p You guys suck at everything else, so maybe, you're the angry one. I understand why you're the bitter one.

We won the SEC. We made a deep run in the SEC and we have a good coach. Now that it is over I'll watch some #5 ranked Vols Baseball.

The only thing y'all have ever had is now in shambles. Yet, you ask me if I'm mad? :p You guys suck at everything else, so maybe, you're the angry one. I understand why you're the bitter one.

Do you think Purdue can hang with UCONN?

They are playing with house money, so I agree. They have a top notch fast offense. Their defense is suspect. They are very similar to UK except their coach is a better game day coach.

Are they deep?

Are they deep?
Not really, They have a second big man that has turned out as a pleasant surprise for them, but he is not a game changer for them. They would have gotten stomped by Purdue. They would have had no answer for Eddy and Purdue guards would have hurt them. Purdue has a good back court. We kinda shut them down, but bama would not have been able to do that.

Reactions: hawkit3113

Oh so now it’s “we won the SEC” but ever since you got on this board you’ve screamed “making the final four and not winning it is nothing but a disappointment” so I’m guessing you’re still saying UT had a disappointing season right? I mean, they didn’t even make it to the final four (big surprise) with the best UT team ever and your good coach. Hell you talk about how bad a coach Cal is but yet that sum bitch has a NCAA title, won the SEC and SEC tourney several times and even the last four years that we have been under average we still managed to split with or sweep your beloved Vols and yet you wonder why I look at you like you’ve lost your damn mind when you come in here swinging your ball sack telling us how great UT is! ENOUGH! Make a final four or win a title. End of story!!! We are tired of it.
Voting Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

I know Scotty pisses you off, but this is where you go over the line a bit. Baseball, Football, Volleyball all have been doing well at UK.

I know Scotty pisses you off, but this is where you go over the line a bit. Baseball, Football, Volleyball all have been doing well at UK.
Truth be told I think Stoops was a marvelous pick up for y'all. Scotty picks me out with ridiculous assertions, so I have to smack him back down to earth.

Finally, I think UK under Cal will be much improved next year. I think BBN's anger has finally reached his Ivory tower and he will heed them. He knows how to coach them up, but got sidetracked with helping players BS. He know knows that is his only job. You heard it here first, so remember that.

I really do chap her ass don’t I!😂

Truth be told I think Stoops was a marvelous pick up for y'all. Scotty picks me out with ridiculous assertions, so I have to smack him back down to earth.

Finally, I think UK under Cal will be much improved next year. I think BBN's anger has finally reached his Ivory tower and he will heed them. He knows how to coach them up, but got sidetracked with helping players BS. He know knows that is his only job. You heard it here first, so remember that.
I didn’t pick you out, you started a thread and I replied. You just get your feelings hurt and then come crying. All I did was tell the truth. Did I lie about anything I said? Nope! What assertion did I make? I know in your mind you really feel like a bad ass and think you “smack people around” but you just don’t. You’re easy pickings. You say you ignore people knowing same well you don’t because you can’t stand to think you might miss something they say. IMO UT had a good season but from what you’ve said (everyone here has seen it) they had a disappointing season and Barnes blew it.

I didn’t pick you out, you started a thread and I replied. You just get your feelings hurt and then come crying. All I did was tell the truth. Did I lie about anything I said? Nope! What assertion did I make? I know in your mind you really feel like a bad ass and think you “smack people around” but you just don’t. You’re easy pickings. You say you ignore people knowing same well you don’t because you can’t stand to think you might miss something they say. IMO UT had a good season but from what you’ve said (everyone here has seen it) they had a disappointing season and Barnes blew it.
You have been cowering a long time to post. :p

Believe it or not I just seen this thread yesterday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT