ADVERTISEMENT

*****Morgan State 77 at Villanova 100 - Final*****

The Pavilion crowd is just sorta there at the moment. The excitement from the opening moments have given way to sitting and watching.

75 seconds left in the half and it's 49-41 'Cats as MSU takes a timeout.

Coming up at halftime, I'm going to get something to drink.

VU is trying to show off and they're being sloppy about it. 1 minute left in the half.

16 seconds left in the half and the Bears turn it over with a travel.

Hafltime in Villanova and it's 54-43 Wildcats, leading against the Bears of Morgan State. Don't be confused by the score, the Bears are giving VU a fight.

The drink was delicious, by the way. Sprite on the rocks, because I'm hardcore.

The 'Cats have a decisive size advantage. 19:01 to go and there's a timeout called. 56-43 VU.

VU beginning to impose their will on both sides of the court though the fouls aren't helping.

Once again, the Wildcats get complacent and sloppy. This might not work well against better competition.

We reach the Under 16 timeout with 15:28 to go. 60-48 VU as MSU continues to fight this one out.

Heh. Hard.

tenor.gif

VU's game so far has been start to pull away, get complacent, let MSU start to get back in it, wake up, rinse, repeat.

The 'Cats are also getting more and more so-so at the free throw line. 64-54 VU.

The fans are beginning to boo a little as the Bears threaten to close the score again. 64-56 'Cats.

Getting into the 2nd half of the 2nd Half and VU up 76-57.

Blocked shot out of bounds by VU which excites the crowd.

Getting a little more physical on the floor, but no one's complaining.

VU's winning this, but credit to MSU who might be able to use this as a confidence booster for giving the National Champions a fight.

6:23 to go and it's 85-66 'Cats as we reach a stoppage in play.

3:03 to go as we reach the Under 4 timeout and VU continues to keep MSU's hopes out of reach. 91-73 'Cats.

90 seconds remaining as VU has this one well in hand.

We are Final at Villanova and the Wildcats hit the Century on points. 100-77 Wildcats win over Morgan State. The defending National Champions start off at 1-0 while the Bears are 0-1.

Looking at the other game threads, do we not include score updates in the title here? It's something I'm used to doing over at the Soundoff for the football games. I'm not used to doing game threads here though I do plan on it as the season progresses, especially after football season finishes up.

Looking at the other game threads, do we not include score updates in the title here? It's something I'm used to doing over at the Soundoff for the football games. I'm not used to doing game threads here though I do plan on it as the season progresses, especially after football season finishes up.
No because usually most of us who care about the game are actually watching it. Then we have the ticker for other scores.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT