ADVERTISEMENT

*****Morgan State 77 at Villanova 100 - Final*****

Kace-1

Jun 11, 2010
It's a new season and the Villanova Wildcats are electing to dine on a MEAC cupcake in the form of the Morgan State Bears. Let's see how the defending National Champions do on opening night.

The Wildcats start things off with a 3 to start the season.

The most interesting thing to happen for Villanova last season of course winning the National Championship and providing a boon for the Big East as a major conference power.

For Morgan State, their most interesting highlight of the season was forfeiting a game to Hampton after a fight broke out in the 2nd Half.

My current plan is to update the score as best I can during stoppages.

And when they're not threeing it they're dunking it in the face. 8-4 Wildcats.

Then another on the fast break. 10-4 VU.

Last edited:
The Bears with some pressure defense that works, but not enough to score points off it. 16:35 to go in the 1st and it's 10-7 at the Pavilion.

Official timeout as the officials review something on TV. Or they're watching something on YouTube. No one's at midseason form yet.

VU's offense is NBA Live on the easiest setting, dunks and 3's. The Wildcats lead 16-7 as we reach the Under 16 timeout with 15:44 to go in the 1st.

The Big East is promoting their tournament in March. Might as well beat the rush.

The Pavilion's been "refurbished" as Brando put it. I like the funky design of the roof and seating.

That time, the Bears pressure on D paid off with a bucket. 16-9 VU.

The Bears are showing some aggression on offense, driving to the basket. 20-13 with 13:30 VU to go in the 1st.

Brando references Coach Bozeman of MSU talking about UMBC's win over Virginia in the Big Dance as a confidence booster for anyone not in a "major" conference.

Paschall drives to the hoop and makes the layup while drawing the And-1.

26-15 as the 'Cats finally stretch out the lead to double digits.

MSU showing they, too can drive, hit the layup and draw the And-1. VU leads 26-17 with 11:58 to go in the 1st. Under 12 timeout.

I've been so used to doing football game threads at the Soundoff that I'm having to get used to the faster pace of basketball.

Another drive, another made shot by the Bears. MSU is on a 7-0 run as timeout is called.

The Wildcats are going to have to shut down the aggressive drives by MSU or else they'll be in for a long night. I'm guessing Coach Wright has said as much during that timeout.

Early impressions and all that, I suggest VU not play like this when they get to the Big East portion of their schedule. They're taking their opponents for granted and it's showing.

It looks like that timeout a little earlier was just what the Wildcats needed, responding with a 10-0 run. 36-24 VU with 8:24 to go.

Under 8 timeout with 6:52 to go in the half. 36-29 VU as MSU refuses to go away.

44-31 VU with 5:02 to go in the half. The Wildcats are making their 3's.

4:00 go to in the half and VU continues to work on stretching the lead out. 46-34.

We've reached the Under 4 timeout with 3:28 to go in the half. 48-34 Wildcats.

45 minutes in and it feels like it's only been 20 at most. I like how College Basketball just flies.

MSU now going with the Dale Ellis Offense to get back in this.

ADVERTISEMENT