Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
4722-78588-original.jpeg

Whos who collide starting Monday. Discuss

Last edited:
Reactions: speedfrk
You could make the argument that winning Maui this year is more challenging than making a Final Four. Not sure I've ever seen a preseason tournament that's stacked quite like this one.

1. Kansas
2. Purdue
4. Marquette
7. Tennessee
11. Gonzaga
(UCLA is 29th in receiving votes for the AP Poll)

You could make the argument that winning Maui this year is more challenging than making a Final Four. Not sure I've ever seen a preseason tournament that's stacked quite like this one.

1. Kansas
2. Purdue
4. Marquette
7. Tennessee
11. Gonzaga
(UCLA is 29th in receiving votes for the AP Poll)
Thanks, I will make that argument. :p

The games start Monday led by Tennessee vs Syracuse. The Vols are expected to win, but anything can happen.

The next game is Purdue vs Gonzaga and this should be the closest match up on paper. This one should be exciting.

The final game is Kansas vs Chaminade. At first glance this will be a Kansas cakewalk, but Kansas struggled with Kentucky another lightly regarded opponent, so who knows?

The games start Monday led by Tennessee vs Syracuse. The Vols are expected to win, but anything can happen.

The next game is Purdue vs Gonzaga and this should be the closest match up on paper. This one should be exciting.

The final game is Kansas vs Chaminade. At first glance this will be a Kansas cakewalk, but Kansas struggled with Kentucky another lightly regarded opponent, so who knows?

Should be a good tournament. Anything can happen...... except Tennessee winning the whole thing. Everybody knows Tennessee basketball has never won any Tournament that matters.

Should be a good tournament. Anything can happen...... except Tennessee winning the whole thing. Everybody knows Tennessee basketball has never won any Tournament that matters.
Does this Tourney matter?

I hate this so much. UT coming to our defense. KU full of themSelfs.

Sigh. I feel like I just woke up with so early in the season and this is too much to take on.

Going to jump out a window.
Be sure to change your underwear before you jump. You don't want to embarrass your mother when she meets you at the hospital.

Why is the Purdue vs Gonzaga matchup the closest one on paper?

Loaded tourney with Kansas and Purdue as the favorites. I’m picking Rod Barnes and UT to win it over Kansas since this is his 6 straight year with his best team ever!

And just think, that same Kentucky program owns your sweet ass!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
Loaded tourney with Kansas and Purdue as the favorites. I’m picking Rod Barnes and UT to win it over Kansas since this is his 6 straight year with his best team ever!

And just think, that same Kentucky program owns your sweet ass!!! 😂
I'm surprised you have even noticed the Maui Invitational since UK is playing in the prestigious "Wildcat Classic". Y'all are going up against quite a field. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 😆

I'm surprised you have even noticed the Maui Invitational since UK is playing in the prestigious "Wildcat Classic". Y'all are going up against quite a field. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. 😆
You of all people should know how good those small schools can be! Florida Atlantic ring a bell??? Anyway, enough about inferior teams, that UK plays. We play Tennessee every year, so it’s really no different than these teams will play in the wildcat classic. UT should make it to the title game of the Maui. No excuses! Rod has another solid team so let’s see what he can do with it.

Because that's what the oddsmakers will list it as.

KenPom has:
Purdue winning 79-76
Tennessee winning 78-64
Kansas winning but with no line because it will be a blowout
Marquette winning 72-67
Oh, I misunderstood it as the closest match up of any potential match up. Ha! I guess that's what you get when you read things when tired.

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerzz
You of all people should know how good those small schools can be! Florida Atlantic ring a bell??? Anyway, enough about inferior teams, that UK plays. We play Tennessee every year, so it’s really no different than these teams will play in the wildcat classic. UT should make it to the title game of the Maui. No excuses! Rod has another solid team so let’s see what he can do with it.
Florida Atlantic is ranked in the top 10 and in case you haven't looked that is better than y'all, Peewee.
What's St Peter's ranked?

They wasn’t ranked 10th when they beat y’all, pudding lips! What place you got the vols placing in the Maui???
I’m pretty sure the Vols will finish higher than UK will in Maui.

With an OOC schedule that has Kansas, Miami, UNC and Gonzaga (as well as @Penn who beat Villanova), yes, something like the Maui doesn't matter much.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT