ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational

Biggest difference between Tennessee this year and last year, is Dalton Knecht. Defense should be elite once again (top 5/10). But, they finally have a dynamite offensive weapon that can put up numbers in a hurry. I don't think UT will have a top 10 offense, but they should be more respectable this year (maybe in the 21-30 range).

Knecht's ability to create separation and create his own shot is wildly impressive. I didn't see him on any draft boards to start the season, but wouldn't be surprised if plays himself into the first round.

My take so far: Syracuse’s defense is probably fine; borderline good. Syracuse’s offense is holy shit bad. Guards are lost. Forwards are ok if they hit a jumper or two. Centers don’t exist in offense.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Biggest difference between Tennessee this year and last year, is Dalton Knecht. Defense should be elite once again (top 5/10). But, they finally have a dynamite offensive weapon that can put up numbers in a hurry. I don't think UT will have a top 10 offense, but they should be more respectable this year (maybe in the 21-30 range).

Knecht's ability to create separation and create his own shot is wildly impressive. I didn't see him on any draft boards to start the season, but wouldn't be surprised if plays himself into the first round.

I like Knecht. Well rounded player. Cool name, phonetically

I like Knecht. Well rounded player. Cool name, phonetically

Big fan of his game, too.

As far his name, I like it, but I worry some of these announcers are going to use puns for his last name on overdrive.

As far his name, I like it, but I worry some of these announcers are going to use puns for his last name on overdrive.
O/U on “Knecht connects from…” is set at 10,000 mentions, I believe

Yeah, he’s a beast on the offensive side of the ball. They mentioned big reason he chose UT was to get better on defense to improve his pro potential.

O/U on “Knecht connects from…” is set at 10,000 mentions, I believe

It'd be so easy to slip up and say that a few times. Just don't want to hear it every time he makes a basket. Some announcers are going to use it excessively, unfortunately.

Yeah, he’s a beast on the offensive side of the ball. They mentioned big reason he chose UT was to get better on defense to improve his pro potential.

That makes a lot of sense. Tennessee probably is the perfect fit to improve defensively while also effectively utilizing his skillset on offense. Don't think he's that far away from earning 1st Round consideration.

Will we ever see a sextuple double? Points, boards, steals, assists, blocks, and turnovers? 😁

Sheesh. That would be wild. Russell Westbrook might have been the most likely candidate... just replace blocks with steals. Would have to be someone who has the ball in their hands all the time.... maybe Doncic would be a viable candidate, too.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Will we ever see a sextuple double? Points, boards, steals, assists, blocks, and turnovers? 😁
Lonzo probably could've pulled it off minus the turnovers, but the only numbers he's putting up these days are related to his future insurance premiums.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan

I see that you stole him in 9th round in the college bb draft. Theif.

I see that you stole him in 9th round in the college bb draft. Theif.

Round 10, actually. Might have All-American potential.

But, I made a few questionable picks. Saint Mary's has look shoddy and so Aidan Mahaney in Round 3 is no bueno. And I also took AJ Hoggard in Round 4. Sheesh. Don't know what happened to him.

The 7 D1 schools competing in Maui are a combined 20-0. 5 of those 7 schools are in the top 11.

Whoever wins Maui should the unanimous #1 team in the country.
Sleepers Pod tried to make this statement, but walked themselves back..

Bc these numbers don't necessarily matter, I happen to agree.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Considering how poorly Purdue played in the first half, I’m somewhat encouraged to only be down five points.

every Purdue Tennessee game in football or basketball in like the last 15 years has been an instant classic. Hoping for another.

every Purdue Tennessee game in football or basketball in like the last 15 years has been an instant classic. Hoping for another.
I wonder how many time in the next 24 hours I’ll hear “Carsen Edwards kicked his leg out!” and “His forward progress wasn’t stopped!”.

• Haha
who’s the idiot who set the schedule for this tournament? Kansas vs Chaminade in prime time? Marquette vs UCLA when everyone is sleeping? Makes perfect sense.

Shoulda had Kansas v Chaminade lead off when only degenerates and retired people are available to watch. Followed by Marquette vs UCLA at 4. Then Purdue vs Gonzaga in prime time followed by Tenn vs Cuse.

Nice uniforms Kansas.

Sally Kohn Gay GIF by The Opposite of Hate

Kansas could have on the worst uni’s I’ve ever seen. Yikes!

ADVERTISEMENT