ADVERTISEMENT

***Maui Invitational thread**

UGA kids are getting their first taste of playing against grown men. Don't want to write anyone off yet, especially since it seems like crazy comebacks occur regularly in Maui. Nonetheless, Dayton is good and will not go down easily.They will challenge VCU for the A-10 title.

Reactions: KisteK
You have to actually watch teams
If you looks at the numbers it was a defensive letdown against Hofstra.

I am going to watch the UCLA/BYU game and see where they are at.
I wouldn't totally dismiss anyone because of KenPom after 5 games.
KenPom doesn't work until you have about 15 games of data

Ok but BYU isn’t probably going to make the NCAA tourney
The key question- are Michigan State fans going to complain about the refs again this week :p

If another team shoots 14 free throws before we shoot 1, yes ;)

Ok but BYU isn’t probably going to make the NCAA tourney

If another team shoots 14 free throws before we shoot 1, yes ;)

I wouldn't say that, necessarily. They're probably in the same boat as Georgia and UCLA. All three are potential bubble teams. The current BYU team is NIT, best case scenario. They'll be getting Yoeli Childs back after the Maui Invitational. He is arguably one of the top 25 players in college basketball. He moves the needle significantly. So beating BYU in Maui might actually look semi-decent come March.

Reactions: KisteK
MSU vs VT is men vs boys out there MSU will win big unless VT hit half their threes

Look man, it’s too early, but right now it seems like we have the 3 tougher teams, based on results and Kenpom. There is no great judge early season, but MSU appears to have the harder side. Do you disagree?

Even good teams lose to weak teams now and then, and none of those teams have done anything impressive enough to separate themselves. It's way too early to be declaring "UCLA is really bad" as an undeniable fact.

The only thing we can be sure about is that Chaminade sucks.

I'd say that none of these teams are likely worth worrying about.

Untitled.png

The key question- are Michigan State fans going to complain about the refs again this week :p

Izzo, and thus the team, are still in mourning over Hauser. They need some time.

Last edited:
Hokies look decent. Good ball rotation. Good shooters. Hustle plays. Obviously it helps that Winston was out most of the first half, but they have a fighting chance here.

Regardless of the team, the score rate for the opposition after a floor slap is 100%, I swear

Yikes this is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen MSU play. Freaking teenagers traveling to Hawaii man.

Congrats VT y’all hit some super clutch 3s and Winston is bricking threes with no one within 20 feet:mad:

How do you dominate the glass as badly as MSU is and find a way to lose?

I guess 20-4 in points off turnovers is how.

Msu is a top 10 team without Langford but not top 5. He was a ‘score in bunches’ type player and we can’t replace him.

State should win this. Tech starting to get carefree on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT