ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Schlabach - 3 Dozen DI Highly Rated teams could face penalties: FBI Scandal

I checked to and Iowa is up 2-1 as of 2005 but i think we played a few years back. Last time I checked 1 is greater than 0.
when did UNC win that game and Iowa is 3-0 by the site I look at,
Davis was 2-0 and Fran is 1-0 in fact when Paige was the PG they lost to Iowa, ISU and UNI.

when did UNC win that game and Iowa is 3-0 by the site I look at,
Davis was 2-0 and Fran is 1-0 in fact when Paige was the PG they lost to Iowa, ISU and UNI.
they beat a SA team that also lost to a #14 seed in the NCAAT.

no wonder I forgot, that was the season I and many other Hawk fans try to forget. as that was far more embarrassing than this season will ever be.

JFC the Heels beat Iowa 106-92 in the Maui Invitational in 2004! How f'ing hard was that to actually look up?

If any school thinks they are going to get hit, they just got to do the UNC defense.

That's where you give a regular student the same/money/benefits the athletes got. Then the School and fans can claim it isn't a basketball problem, it is a school problem. So the NCAA won't punish you.

If any school thinks they are going to get hit, they just got to do the UNC defense.

That's where you give a regular student the same/money/benefits the athletes got. Then the School and fans can claim it isn't a basketball problem, it is a school problem. So the NCAA won't punish you.

That was weak.

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

This is significant, but the 3 dozen P5 article from Mark pretty much means half of the field of 64 should be scared.
This could be sweet for us. Since we have already been investigated for this, we sat the two players for the 2017-2018 season that were mentioned in the accusations. We could win the NCAA tourney by default.

Last edited:
Reactions: Borotiger
As bothersome as this whole thing is, I'm still extremely skeptical of how the penalty phase would go down. The case it itself is massive with so many layers mixed with scores of other variables. It's a ton of stuff to comb through but when the FBI is already coming under fire for latest school shooting, you gotta wonder what priorities really come first. The FBI finally took some blame missing the red flags with the shooter.

That said, if all the information is released and KU really gets hammered by penalties then so be it. As fans at the end of the day, the question is how well do we honestly know the programs we follow so closely? Thankfully through the Rivals system we get a lot of inside info we wouldn't get anywhere else and its fantastic. Between the coaching staff and the recruiting process, we have a good idea of how the recruiting process plays out. Beyond that going after the nations top recruits is a madhouse.

aa03f1bf6670bdd920700154434f1208--durham-duke.jpg
This!
He's just got the face of a guilty mother****er!

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Duke as they are suddenly pulling 5* recruits at the top of the 25,
UNC may end up on that list
Kentucky after all they have a separate CONDO/DORM with their own personal chef on call 24 hours a day to fix them whatever they want, you know that's not going to be cheap. not talking about Hamburger/cheeseburger/FF here either.

Missouri and Cal because of Missouri's new coach and both suddenly getting top talent that they weren't before.
Miami.

Duke is the white knight of college basketball. We do things the right way and don't need to cheat to win like other schools.

Lol @ anyone who thinks we have any skeletons in our closet.
Not sure if serious.

“There are spreadsheets detailing who got paid, how much they got paid and how much more they were planning to pay,” said a source familiar with the investigation. “The feds got everything they wanted and much more. Don’t think it will only be players who ended up signing with ASM that got paid. Those spreadsheets cast a wide net throughout college basketball. If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”

From that article ^

ADVERTISEMENT