ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Schlabach - 3 Dozen DI Highly Rated teams could face penalties: FBI Scandal

According to KY fans a few months ago they didn't cheat. Now why the worries? Cal is and always has been clean.

Especially with Marcus Monk and Skal labissure.

Hahaaaha.

next it will be FB that gets investigated as the apparel companies are in it up to their neck.

So almost half of the top16 is 6-7 teams.

We already know Arizona is on the list, probably Auburn, maybe Kansas, maybe Clemson and/or Tennessee?

Who else to round out the most likely 7?

We already know Arizona is on the list, probably Auburn, maybe Kansas, maybe Clemson and/or Tennessee?

Duke as they are suddenly pulling 5* recruits at the top of the 25,
UNC may end up on that list
Kentucky after all they have a separate CONDO/DORM with their own personal chef on call 24 hours a day to fix them whatever they want, you know that's not going to be cheap. not talking about Hamburger/cheeseburger/FF here either.

Missouri and Cal because of Missouri's new coach and both suddenly getting top talent that they weren't before.

Reactions: American Male

It sounds like mostly Adidas schools have been a primary source of information information gathered with Nike, UA also being implicated through secondary sources.
Starting (just starting) with Adidas schools in the top 16 only gives us Kansas. So what Thamel is inferring in that article is that Nike schools have become seriously compromised. I'll guess on 7 schools implicated in bold just for fun with numbers in parenthesis, 1 being most likely, taking into account I think Adidas schools are the first wave along with schools already associated with someone arrested. I have no real basis, and this is completely conjecture. Don't @me!

South
No. 1 Virginia Nike
No. 2 Cincinnati UA
No. 3 Michigan State Nike (6)
No. 4 Tennessee Nike

East
No. 1 Villanova Nike
No. 2 Duke Nike (4)
No. 3 Texas Tech UA
No. 4 Ohio State Nike
West
No. 1 Purdue Nike
No. 2 Kansas Adidas (3)
No. 3 North Carolina Nike (5)
No. 4 Arizona Nike (1)

Midwest
No. 1 Xavier Nike (7)
No. 2 Auburn Nike (2)
No. 3 Clemson Nike
No. 4 Oklahoma Nike

As most of us first thought, this could get ugly. Tour de France post Lance Armstrong style ugly.

It sounds like mostly Adidas schools have been a primary source of information information gathered with Nike, UA also being implicated through secondary sources.
Starting (just starting) with Adidas schools in the top 16 only gives us Kansas. So what Thamel is inferring in that article is that Nike schools have become seriously compromised. I'll guess on 7 schools implicated in bold just for fun with numbers in parenthesis, 1 being most likely, taking into account I think Adidas schools are the first wave along with schools already associated with someone arrested. I have no real basis, and this is completely conjecture. Don't @me!

South
No. 1 Virginia Nike
No. 2 Cincinnati UA
No. 4 Tennessee Nike

East
No. 1 Villanova Nike
No. 2 Duke Nike (4)
No. 3 Texas Tech UA
No. 4 Ohio State Nike
West
No. 1 Purdue Nike
No. 2 Kansas Adidas (3)
No. 4 Arizona Nike (1)

Midwest
No. 1 Xavier Nike (7)
No. 2 Auburn Nike (2)
No. 3 Clemson Nike
No. 4 Oklahoma Nike

As most of us first thought, this could get ugly. Tour de France post Lance Armstrong style ugly.

I'd say Villanova over Xavier. Xavier hasn't gotten 1 5* and usually filled with 3-4*'s.

South
No. 1 Virginia Nike
No. 2 Cincinnati UA
No. 4 Tennessee Nike

East
No. 1 Villanova Nike
No. 2 Duke Nike (4)
No. 3 Texas Tech UA
No. 4 Ohio State Nike
West
No. 1 Purdue Nike
No. 2 Kansas Adidas (3)
No. 4 Arizona Nike (1)

Midwest
No. 1 Xavier Nike (7)
No. 2 Auburn Nike (2)
No. 3 Clemson Nike
No. 4 Oklahoma Nike

Auburn is UA.

so far i have read nothing that has stated actual facts only "multiple and anonymous" sources
from what i have read they are jumping on the Miller computer train and then adding their own spins

i loved the old days when reporters actually used facts and evidence when they posted something

Reactions: olsonab
@Eric Bossi posted this on our homeboard (huge KU fan by the way)

The federal case has been taking a beating. No way to know for sure, but this sounds an awful lot like somebody on the prosecution side leaking some stuff to media outlets in hopes of scaring some people into coming forward. Same as that initial press conference now looks like it was a hail mary.

Could there be that widespread violations? Sure. But there's clearly nothing else criminal or more people would be arrested and until something is public there's no way to know what type/if any NCAA violations are being claimed.

I'm a skeptic by nature and I think the timing of these articles and where they are showing up is kind of dubious.

i do have a question for anyone that might know the answer
how can the FBI legally give information to a private entity (NCAA) without making it public?
i am not sure they can legally do that

Kentucky after all they have a separate CONDO/DORM with their own personal chef on call 24 hours a day to fix them whatever they want, you know that's not going to be cheap. not talking about Hamburger/cheeseburger/FF here either.

Missouri and Cal because of Missouri's new coach and both suddenly getting top talent that they weren't before.
False. "Regular" students live there too, totally legit. I think they learned that one from UNC. :D

Whatever the case, I may have to sit down an watch Blue Chips. "Pete Bell" made Bobby Knight look like a puppy.

@Eric Bossi posted this on our homeboard (huge KU fan by the way)

The federal case has been taking a beating. No way to know for sure, but this sounds an awful lot like somebody on the prosecution side leaking some stuff to media outlets in hopes of scaring some people into coming forward. Same as that initial press conference now looks like it was a hail mary.

Could there be that widespread violations? Sure. But there's clearly nothing else criminal or more people would be arrested and until something is public there's no way to know what type/if any NCAA violations are being claimed.

I'm a skeptic by nature and I think the timing of these articles and where they are showing up is kind of dubious.

Yeah, maybe not criminal, but possibly embarrassing, etc. If Duke is one of the schools listed, then they should be punished accordingly. But this is a very interesting observation by Bossi

False. "Regular" students live there too, totally legit. I think they learned that one from UNC. :D
hmm who knows what else they were getting basically a private dorm and a chef on call to fix any kind of meals they want. where there is smoke there usually fire.

hmm who knows what else they were getting basically a private dorm and a chef on call to fix any kind of meals they want. where there is smoke there usually fire.
Right, since having a personal chef is not breaking any rules. Good point, bro. It is cute that you think Kentucky is the only program that has those things though.

Yeah, maybe not criminal, but possibly embarrassing, etc. If Duke is one of the schools listed, then they should be punished accordingly. But this is a very interesting observation by Bossi
Bossi may be making that connection but the federal judge ruling to move forward with the case basically laughed the defendants out of the courtroom when they tried to argue dropping some charges and barring evidence.

According to KY fans a few months ago they didn't cheat. Now why the worries? Cal is and always has been clean.

Especially with Marcus Monk and Skal labissure.

Hahaaaha.
giphy.gif

Prayers scent Arizona, Kansas, and since we all know who their coach is... Auburn.

Mizzou is not getting busted for this. Lol Ignorant post.

All we did was hire the dad legally as an assistant to get players.

But really though, there was word of MPJ and Jontay wanting to come back to Columbia (if you didn't know they lived there for years) before Mizzou even made a coaching hire in March. If it weren't for inept Kim Anderson, they would've committed to Mizzou to begin with not Washington. They didn't pay anybody except Michael Porter Sr. and its not like hiring a dad hasn't happened before. (See kansas with Mario Chalmers and Danny Manning.)

If all the information really is there to bust this wide open, why not spill it and let the chips fall where they may? According the Yahoo article the writer seems overly confident the evidence is stacked and ready to unload so there really is no reason not to go public now.

If the case went public before Selection Sunday, the field of 68 would be flipped upside down.

Last edited:
Do they still get penalized for the players they didn't get their money's worth for? Asking for a friend.
Abso-fvcking-lutely! We got slammed for employing ugly @ss hookers who ran off more recruits (3) than they attracted (0). We're like the John that shows up at a hotel to meet a hot chick for sex, and gets pistol whipped and robbed by a nasty crack whore and her pimp instead. LaughingEyeroll:(

...and we have a silver lining to UNC missing out on over 50 OAD's over the past 4 seasons.

I'd be terrified if I were a fan of KU (curious if they can trace back that Wiggins/Embiid payment), UK, Duke, Clemson (2 players under Andy Miller), Syracuse (also 2 players under Andy Miller).

Right, since having a personal chef is not breaking any rules. Good point, bro. It is cute that you think Kentucky is the only program that has those things though.
never heard of any other schools that have chef that live in dorms with the players. nor have I read or heard of dorms built like private condos. must be a Kentucky fan,

Capel fixin to tear down K’s legacy.

I feel like K is the kindly grandfather who let his grandson move in when he lost his job and marriage. Meanwhile, the grandson is running a meth lab out of the basement and poor grandpa K suspects nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT