ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Schlabach - 3 Dozen DI Highly Rated teams could face penalties: FBI Scandal

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville

"Regardless what happens with the criminal cases, sources with knowledge of the FBI investigation told ESPN this week that the clandestine probe could result in potential NCAA violations for as many as three dozen Division I programs, based on information included in wiretap conversations from the defendants and financial records, emails and cell phone records seized from NBA agent Andy Miller. His office was raided on the same day the FBI arrested 10 men, including four assistant coaches, in late September."

"The sources told ESPN that many of the alleged incidents involve illegal cash payments to prospects and their families, as well as players and their families receiving tens of thousands of dollars from agents while they were still playing in college. In some cases, according to the sources, NCAA head coaches were aware of the payments, while others didn't have knowledge of the schemes."

I find it hard to believe that the NCAA would punish 30+ individual schools instead of acting on their own self and adjust rules.. 30+ would take decades with the way the NCAA handles it and obviously if they did something to everyone that no one likes, well the NCAA would be over with.

Last edited:
Shoutout to Myron Piggie for keeping it G.

Wonder how many they really got to sing or if they’re just using that to posture others?

The NCAA would be the biggest hypocrits in the world (I know, tell you something you don't already know) if they punish teams for this. They have been doing all they can to encourage the AAU system and facilitate coaches being paid and sponsored by shoe companies for years. Literally decades.

I guess we can only go on what info will be coming out in the near future.....whatever info that maybe. Not real sure what to expect.

Reactions: American Male
Here is what makes the upcoming release of information nerve-racking. The NCAA has been so random/arbitrary in dealing with individual cases that what will the NCAA take seriously and what will they avoid without a 2nd thought?

All said, of all the times where we have said no school is clean.....we're about ready to find out for real.

aa03f1bf6670bdd920700154434f1208--durham-duke.jpg

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

This is significant, but the 3 dozen P5 article from Mark pretty much means half of the field of 64 should be scared.

Gonna need to see more than fearmongering before I worry.

Yahoo has a salacious story to sell, but if it’s all hearsay from wiretapped phones and emails, and little hard evidence, a lot of people are going to walk.

Those dudes are idiots if there is any actual traceable financial records involved. That’s just sloppy.

Reactions: DufnerFanBoy
THE NCAA will have to act as they will have the FBI breathing down their necks as being part of the coverup,

this could real ugly not only for the schools/coaches/players but the NCAA as well.

Gonna need to see more than fearmongering before I worry.

Yahoo has a salacious story to sell, but if it’s all hearsay from wiretapped phones and emails, and little hard evidence, a lot of people are going to walk.

Those dudes are idiots if there is any actual traceable financial records involved. That’s just sloppy.
Krv6QQM.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT