ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville will keep the 2013 National Championship Banner next week.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
I'm calling you ladies out. I'm asking @Kevin Bryan to give me a 1 week ban IF Louisville does NOT keep the 2013 championship next week.

I'm predicting that we DO keep the banner and I'll be back here to laugh next week when we keep it.

If not, then do the honors and ban me for the week.

Anyone wanna double down or take me on with that bet?

I'm calling you ladies out. I'm asking @Kevin Bryan to give me a 1 week ban IF Louisville does NOT keep the 2013 championship next week.

I'm predicting that we DO keep the banner and I'll be back here to laugh next week when we keep it.

On what basis? Honestly, what makes you think they won't vacate all the games previously mentioned? Gut feeling? TIA

On what basis? Honestly, what makes you think they won't vacate all the games previously mentioned? Gut feeling? TIA

Because I think the COI and Hearing committee will look at how the original group of people went about the sanctions against UofL. And gut feeling.

Because I think the COI and Hearing committee will look at how the original group of people went about the sanctions against UofL. And gut feeling.
OK. I'd probably be the same if I were you. I'd look at everything UL did to try and make it right.

Not talking shit here, but you have to remember the timing of UL's FBI tapes/Bowen being just days after the NCAA first ruling.

OK. I'd probably be the same if I were you. I'd look at everything UL did to try and make it right.

Not talking shit here, but you have to remember the timing of UL's FBI tapes/Bowen being just days after the NCAA first ruling.

No impact. And it was before. Bowen committed on June 4th I believe. Sanctions came out on June 15th. Probation didn't start until the end of the month. Either way, NCAA can't use that in this case

just one week?
you should really ask for two

how do you think UL gets around playing players that received those impermissible benefits
the moment a player receives those impermissible benefits per NCAA rules they are ineligible

I hope you are right. You have certainly made your thoughts known here and on our board. That's a pretty big long shot you're going All In on. Winking

No impact. And it was before. Bowen committed on June 4th I believe. Sanctions came out on June 15th. Probation didn't start until the end of the month. Either way, NCAA can't use that in this case
They can't use it factually but nothing says it won't be in their thoughts. Do they really want to give the most corrupt basketball program in the history of the NCAA a break. The same program that provided prostitutes for 4 years to 16 year old recruits. If they are ever going to take a banner this is the time to do it.

They can't use it factually but nothing says it won't be in their thoughts. Do they really want to give the most corrupt basketball program in the history of the NCAA a break. The same program that provided prostitutes for 4 years to 16 year old recruits. If they are ever going to take a banner this is the time to do it.

That's funny

That's funny
What, that uofl has almost gotten the death penalty 4 times since 1998? But but but, UK when Eisenhower was president.

I'd laugh to if the banner doesn't come down...that a particular fan base still avoids their national disgrace and pushes off their sleaze...more than likely pointing to who else "this is all uk's fault, UK fans in political power made us get rid of Escobar Jurich"

just one week?
you should really ask for two

how do you think UL gets around playing players that received those impermissible benefits
the moment a player receives those impermissible benefits per NCAA rules they are ineligible
Unless you're Corey Maggette.

Reactions: mebeblue2
They could let them pay back the benefits. I believe that's what they did with Maggette.

What, that uofl has almost gotten the death penalty 4 times since 1998? But but but, UK when Eisenhower was president."

"Almost"

The death penalty is the popular term for the National Collegiate Athletic Association's power to ban a school from competing in a sport for at least one year. It is the harshest penalty that an NCAA member school can receive.

It has been implemented only five times:

1. The University of Kentucky basketball program for the 1952–53 season.[1]
  2. The basketball program at the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) for the 1973–74 and 1974–75 seasons.
  3. The Southern Methodist University football program for the 1987 season.
  4. The Division II men's soccer program at Morehouse College for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.
  5. The Division III men's tennis program at MacMurray College for the 2005–06 and 2006–07 seasons.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
They could let them pay back the benefits. I believe that's what they did with Maggette.
Different situation though. Maggette was paid in high school by his handler and AAU coach (who went to prison for it) and they deemed the Duke staff didn't know (even though it was widely rumored). Louisville's situation we are talking about a freakin' basketball program staff member paying for said benefits.

What, that uofl has almost gotten the death penalty 4 times since 1998?

ztuEnd2.gif

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I hope Louisville keeps it. Be pretty shitty for the NCAA to take theirs and not others’...

So according to Dan...Title is gone and a 15 million dollar fine. From "someone who was in the room" he says.

I'm not holding my breath. 99% sure Louisville will be told to vacate the title. 100% positive my life will go on unaffected.

Meh. They can't tell one UL fan that run didn't happen nor the players. I'd say the financial hit will be the bigger blow for the university.
If we are being honest, as hilariously pathetic as the whole whores scandal was/is, there are a bunch of worse things that have happened that the NCAA turned a blind eye too. All depends on what school you are.

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Meh. They can't tell one UL fan that run didn't happen nor the players. I'd say the financial hit will be the bigger blow for the university.
If we are being honest, as hilariously pathetic as the whole whores scandal was/is, there are a bunch of worse things that have happened that the NCAA turned a blind eye too. All depends on what school you are.

This. That title was won by Louisville. Fine then. Sure. Take the title? Meh. Seems pretty hypocritical.

Reactions: rockycard
Maybe so, but that moral high ground the UL fans like to take over something that happened 30 years ago at UK will (should) be empty.

If Dakich is right, I think it's pretty poor that the NCAA let something leak like this. You would think it'd be the school to open up. Literally no one knows what's going on at UofL right now.

This. That title was won by Louisville. Fine then. Sure. Take the title? Meh. Seems pretty hypocritical.
I NEVER expected to keep the banner, but I do believe the NCAA broke the rule that a university will know 24 hours before the NCAA can make it public. The NCAA has not informed anyone at the university as of yet, according to the insiders on our scout site (they are well connected insiders).

Reactions: HRTheCard
I NEVER expected to keep the banner, but I do believe the NCAA broke the rule that a university will know 24 hours before the NCAA can make it public. The NCAA has not informed anyone at the university as of yet, according to the insiders on our scout site (they are well connected insiders).

Guess that means they can't take the banner now congratulations

Reactions: tw3301
We will lose the banner, but hopefully the NCAA gets sued and loses the 15 million.

So if this leak is real and it's true Louisville HASNT received anything from the NCAA (according to a ton of media outlets and insiders), then the NCAA literally just broke their own rule that they must give UofL 24 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT