ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville will keep the 2013 National Championship Banner next week.

We will lose the banner, but hopefully the NCAA gets sued and loses the 15 million.
So if this leak is real and it's true Louisville HASNT received anything from the NCAA (according to a ton of media outlets and insiders), then the NCAA literally just broke their own rule that they must give UofL 24 hours.

I think the stress is getting to you guys.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Something leaking isn't the same thing as the NCAA breaking the rule.

I agree. However, the NCAA letting it leak can't claim "Oh we don't know how that got leaked." By saying that, when most of the penalties given evolve around Louisville not knowing what went on, it sounds very hypocritical to me. Gonna be interesting.

If we were given penalties for not knowing, then they should take backlash for "breaking" their own rule by "letting" it leak. Just like Louisville "let" these things happen.

I agree. However, the NCAA letting it leak can't claim "Oh we don't know how that got leaked." By saying that, when most of the penalties given evolve around Louisville not knowing what went on, it sounds very hypocritical to me. Gonna be interesting.

If we were given penalties for not knowing, then they should take backlash for "breaking" their own rule by "letting" it leak. Just like Louisville "let" these things happen.

Yeah, but all the "sounds very hypocritical to me" and "should take backlash" isn't really about rules or anything... it might suck, but that's just what it is.

Yeah, but all the "sounds very hypocritical to me" and "should take backlash" isn't really about rules or anything... it might suck, but that's just what it is.

I mean technically if they allowed it to surface before the 24 hour period, no matter how it got out, is in fact against their own rule. JMO.

It was also on an ESPN affiliated show. He has to get permission to break news. It's odd that if this was real (not saying it's fake), that it would break on an affiliate rather than the mainstream media. To me, that is also interesting.

Last edited:
Dakich’s radio show isn’t affiliated with ESPN. That’s why he did a 3 hour show on it and not on twitter.

I believe that Dakitch was just trolling the Louisville media, he did get a rise out of some of them.

I believe that Dakitch was just trolling the Louisville media, he did get a rise out of some of them.

He even said Louisville found out yesterday. I'm sure it couldn't be kept that close to the vest for over 24 hours now. UofL media would've known, or at least insiders.

I listened to it and he wasn't just trolling the media but fans as well. IMO he was a complete jackass and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He openly called UL fans "punk ass fans" on the air, and said at least Kentucky has a tradition. He gave UL fans twitter accounts on air and mocked the way they looked etc. He started to give someone's phone number.

UL maybe UK's rival, but I thought he was completely out of line and a huge douche. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the next line of layoffs at ESPN.

We’re going to lose the banner, I just hope that we go down swinging.

a friend of mine that is a UL fan said it best
if you are innocent then keep your mouth shut
if you are guilty then you better damn well keep your mouth shut

he said UL made a mistake by admitting their wrong doing
after watching UNC get away with decades of cheating i have to agree with him

He openly called UL fans "punk ass fans" on the air

source.gif

With the Adidas thing hanging over Louisville's head, I wouldn't go poke the bear. A lawsuit would be insane. The NCAA will break it off in them after the pay-for-play investigation.

Reactions: JC for 3
I’m not a lawyer, but hopefully there is something, even if it takes $20 from the NCAA.

i can't see UL spending millions in taxpayer money to recoup $20

i am not a lawyer either but once UL admitted the crimes then the only thing they would be suing for are the penalties
i think that would be a needle in a haystack chance of winning and would only result in wasting millions in taxpayer dollars

As I said here when the proposed sanctions were originally announced, I was/am okay with them, because they don't affect our present or our future. Based on the original sanctions, we won't be suffering any further post season bans, or television restrictions. I'm confident Padgett won't even have to serve Pitino's 5 game suspension. Winking Time to take our punishment and move on...til the FBI investigation runs its course...then we'll find ourselves on the chopping block again. Eyeroll

Reactions: tw3301
As I said here when the proposed sanctions were originally announced, I was/am okay with them, because they don't affect our present or our future. Based on the original sanctions, we won't be suffering any further post season bans, or television restrictions. I'm confident Padgett won't even have to serve Pitino's 5 game suspension. Winking Time to take our punishment and move on...til the FBI investigation runs its course...then we'll find ourselves on the chopping block again. Eyeroll

agreed
i have said it from the beginning, UL caught a huge break with very little punishment moving forward
man-up take the punishment and move on

I'm calling you ladies out. I'm asking @Kevin Bryan to give me a 1 week ban IF Louisville does NOT keep the 2013 championship next week.

I'm predicting that we DO keep the banner and I'll be back here to laugh next week when we keep it.

If not, then do the honors and ban me for the week.

Anyone wanna double down or take me on with that bet?

If UNC walked after decades of fraud I’m sure UL will walk from providing a little poo tang for recruits/players!

I'm not holding my breath. 99% sure Louisville will be told to vacate the title. 100% positive my life will go on unaffected.
I am sure you and Zipp will try to put the best light on losing the title after saying that the NCAA would never take the title since it had never been done before. What you forgot was that no other school in the NCAA was found to have provided prostitutes to 16 year old recruits for 4 years. Your beloved coach Pitino was at Louisville 16 years with no titles. Wish you could have kept him another 16 years. UK loved beating him 80% of the time.

I'm calling you ladies out. I'm asking @Kevin Bryan to give me a 1 week ban IF Louisville does NOT keep the 2013 championship next week.

I'm predicting that we DO keep the banner and I'll be back here to laugh next week when we keep it.

If not, then do the honors and ban me for the week.

Anyone wanna double down or take me on with that bet?
Do you want to go ahead and start serving your ban today?

"Almost"

The death penalty is the popular term for the National Collegiate Athletic Association's power to ban a school from competing in a sport for at least one year. It is the harshest penalty that an NCAA member school can receive.

It has been implemented only five times:

1. The University of Kentucky basketball program for the 1952–53 season.[1]
  2. The basketball program at the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) for the 1973–74 and 1974–75 seasons.
  3. The Southern Methodist University football program for the 1987 season.
  4. The Division II men's soccer program at Morehouse College for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.
  5. The Division III men's tennis program at MacMurray College for the 2005–06 and 2006–07 seasons.
Steelers how does it feel to support the only school to have an NCAA basketball title vacated? Louisville is the dirtiest basketball program in the history of college basketball. Not only did they provide prostitutes to 16 year old kids for 4 years but while on probation by the NCAA was caught paying one player $100,000 and committed to playing another player in the future. Pitino was at Louisville 16 years and won 0 titles. Wish you guys could have kept him 16 more years. Cal loved beating him 80% of the time.

I am sure you and Zipp will try to put the best light on losing the title after saying that the NCAA would never take the title since it had never been done before. What you forgot was that no other school in the NCAA was found to have provided prostitutes to 16 year old recruits for 4 years. Your beloved coach Pitino was at Louisville 16 years with no titles. Wish you could have kept him another 16 years. UK loved beating him 80% of the time.

- Who is Zipp?

- Already said Louisville would lose title. And why would I say, after losing the title, that the NCAA would never take the title? That makes no sense.

- Never forgot Louisville provided prostitutes to recruits. I read the book; I know what happened.

- For someone seems to assume he "knows" me, you should know I never liked Pitino.

- Your entire argument is invalid. It's in no way a response to my post b/c it has nothing to do with anything I have said. I have a suspicion that you just copied it from RR, and decided to paste it wherever you post. Obviously you didn't realize it will not be relevant or make sense in every thread, just b/c it gave you a raging little hate boner the first time you saw it. I'd explain how embarrassed you should be, yet positive you wouldn't understand why.

Steelers how does it feel to support the only school to have an NCAA basketball title vacated? Louisville is the dirtiest basketball program in the history of college basketball. Not only did they provide prostitutes to 16 year old kids for 4 years but while on probation by the NCAA was caught paying one player $100,000 and committed to playing another player in the future. Pitino was at Louisville 16 years and won 0 titles. Wish you guys could have kept him 16 more years. Cal loved beating him 80% of the time.

Evidence supports my copy/paste assertion. Laughing Pathetic. I eagerly await your deflection.

LKC = The worst Uk homer on the mainboard besides Crazyx.

LKC = probably the guy who gets on the main board wearing blue tinted flashing glasses and a blue wig like the blue-haired troll.

LKC =
27x4jr.jpg

UK won that game (2010), BTW. They've also beaten the cocks the past 4 years in a row. How embarrassing is that?

The rustle continues with this one. So funny.

ADVERTISEMENT