ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville basketball...

My concern, if KP is still coach this time next week, is that Cal won't run up the score because they're buddies.
Last year with the game out of hand early in the second half, Calipari didn’t put the bench (scrubs) in until under a minute left.

My concern, if KP is still coach this time next week, is that Cal won't run up the score because they're buddies.
Your concern better be that If we have an interim coach, we could have a shot at keeping it somewhat close. We are just terrible with the lack of coaching from this staff.

Last year with the game out of hand early in the second half, Calipari didn’t put the bench (scrubs) in until under a minute left.
Cal does that with everyone. That isn't something personal to Louisville. UK fans have complained about it too. If we're up big give some of the bench guys some run.
Your concern better be that If we have an interim coach, we could have a shot at keeping it somewhat close. We are just terrible with the lack of coaching from this staff.
Yall are supposedly favored v Pepperdine. If he loses that game I'd think UofL makes the move to fire him. Otherwise I think he gets canned after the UK game.

It's not fair to criticize Louisville or Kenny Payne. Louisville can't be expected to beat a D2 school with talent alone. Effort aside, how could anyone expect to win a game of that magnitude with only 4 top 50 recruits in the starting lineup?
I did not realize that. Who were those players that were ranked in the top 50?

I did not realize that. Who were those players that were ranked in the top 50?

Here are the composite rankings from RSCI:

Top 50
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield - 23
Skyy Clark - 32
Dennis Evans- 32
Tre White - 35
------------------------------
Top 100
Michael James - 76
Kaleb Glenn - 79
Ty-Laur Johnson - 86
Curtis Williams - 88

Louisville won by 20pts+, it’s about time for their AD to get the contract out and have Kenny Payne sign a 5 years extension. We are only 11 games into the season, and they have already won more games than they did for entire last season, the future looks bright for Cardinals.

Besides the obvious uptick in wins, looks like Louisville might end up with more ACC wins than Kentucky this year too. Uofl has a good thing going with Payne, only numbskulls like Rocky complain. Good thing the AD doesn’t listen to folks like Rocky, he knows a good thing when he sees it.

Last edited:
Despite the obvious uptick in wins, looks like Louisville might end up with more ACC wins than Kentucky this year too. Uofl has a good thing going with Payne, only numbskulls like Rocky complain. Good thing the AD doesn’t listen to folks like Rocky, he knows a good thing when he sees it.
You think Louisville gets more than 3 ACC wins? Lofty expectations.

We might beat Kentucky, but there’s no way we’re beating Pepperdine. Pepperdine has a good coach…..
....a BLUDGEONING is coming, BLOCKHEAD. Pitiful U6 even trying to organize a 'red out' for the little birdy beatdown Thursday evening. That's cute.

Interesting article in the Lvl J&C today with Pitino lamenting how others wrecked the program after his dismissal.

Sorry Rick...no one wrecked the program but you.

Today could be a great day for Louisville basketball, Louisville beats Kentucky and Payne resigns in his post game speech!

ADVERTISEMENT