ADVERTISEMENT

looking like Reid Travis may be heading to UK

Reid has visits scheduled for Kentucky and Villanova after June 17 graduation per Rothstein. No other visits scheduled. It's either/or. This was probably wrapped up for UK...until Spellman decided to leave. This is trending to the Cats of the East ATM. Which makes sense. No P.J Washington on Nova clogging up the lane on offense.

Reactions: wildbrew
Reid has visits scheduled for Kentucky and Villanova after June 17 graduation per Rothstein. No other visits scheduled. It's either/or. This was probably wrapped up for UK...until Spellman decided to leave. This is trending to the Cats of the East ATM. Which makes sense. No P.J Washington on Nova clogging up the lane on offense.
He’s not going to Nova. Has to drum up some sort of uncertainty to garner more attention. His transfer is less about dominating the paint and more about working on his perimeter game. He will have more freedom to do so at UK considering we already have Montgomery, Washington, and Richards down low.

He’s not going to Nova. Has to drum up some sort of uncertainty to garner more attention. His transfer is less about dominating the paint and more about working on his perimeter game. He will have more freedom to do so at UK considering we already have Montgomery, Washington, and Richards down low.

Yeah, because the 5 at Nova never gets to shoot 3's. Spellman was not anchored to the paint as you suggest. Spellman took close to 4 a game and made 43% for the season. There is a ton of freedom at Nova on the offensive side. will that sway him, who knows? But, all he would have to do is look at his predecessor.

Attention? Nobody cares where an average grad transfer is going. He’d get more PT & freedom at Villanova.

Attention? Nobody cares where an average grad transfer is going. He’d get more PT & freedom at Villanova.

...wow, the wishful thinking is off the charts with this response. "...an average grad transfer"?? "Average" dudes don't put up 20 and 9 per game. You claim to be a UNC fan but a lot of your takes sound like they come straight outta U6 territory. He's headed to UK. Book it.

Reactions: catman111
...wow, the wishful thinking is off the charts with this response. "...an average grad transfer"?? "Average" dudes don't put up 20 and 9 per game. You claim to be a UNC fan but a lot of your takes sound like they come straight outta U6 territory. He's headed to UK. Book it.
I don’t care where he goes. All I’m saying is he’d get more PT at Villanova.
So glad you think a guy that wasn’t even going to be drafted is going to come in & dominate. Good luck with that.

Jeez, UK fans take heat on here all the time for ruining threads, but between the UNC fan and one UL fan, they have managed to drive this one right into the toilet.
I'd advise everyone to stop responding to rocky, he's a child having fun on mommy's computer.

Edit (post restriction issue):
@uncfan in ky , how did you know I was referring to you? Seems like you knew your posts were troll posts.
Admit it, you knew you were trolling when you called Travis an average transfer. That's a garbage take and you know it.
Besides, since when do you have to have a certain amount of posts to derail a thread? Yours are bad enough that it only takes 1.

Last edited:
Jeez, UK fans take heat on here all the time for ruining threads, but between the UNC fan and one UL fan, they have managed to drive this one right into the toilet.
I'd advise everyone to stop responding to rocky, he's a child having fun on mommy's computer.
I’ve made 3 post ( counting this one) in this thread. I think you like to exaggerate a little too much.

If he wants to win a national championship he's got a better chance at Villanova thats for sure.
tenor.gif

Average grad transfer? The guy averaged 20 last year in a power conference and might be a first team all American. Average??

He's just saying that because UK is favored to land him.
I don’t need you to speak for me. He is averaging, if he wasn’t, he would’ve stayed in the draft.
Luke Maye averaged a double double in the toughest conference in CBB & yes, he’s an average player.

I don’t need you to speak for me. He is averaging, if he wasn’t, he would’ve stayed in the draft.
Luke Maye averaged a double double in the toughest conference in CBB & yes, he’s an average player.

Without a doubt the dumbest thing I've read on the forum and that includes bking's rant about letting males compete in female track divisions.

Luke Maye and Reid Travis are about average college players. Arguing otherwise is weird.

No sophomores, juniors, or seniors are above average college players because if they were they would've went pro.

ragecomic.png

Without a doubt the dumbest thing I've read on the forum and that includes bking's rant about letting males compete in female track divisions.

Luke Maye and Reid Travis are about average college players. Arguing otherwise is weird.
Guess everyone looks outstanding to a Michigan fan.
Also, learn the difference between above & about.

How many players in college basketball do you consider an above average college player?
Sorry but if a player goes to the nba combine & THEY’RE NOT GETTING DRAFTED, then they’re average players.
The best both of those guys could’ve hoped for was was late 2nd picks at best.

Sorry but if a player goes to the nba combine & THEY’RE NOT GETTING DRAFTED, then they’re average players.
The best both of those guys could’ve hoped for was was late 2nd picks at best.

By the logic any player that returned to college basketball is an average college player.

So college basketball is full of thousands of average college players and no above average players?

Holy shit you’re stupid.

Maye is definitely not an average college player. I don't think Travis is either though I suppose you could make a case considering he played in a very down pac12. Even then he was the focus of every defense he faced so his 19/9 on 53% shooting is still really impressive.

Maye put up 16/10 against a pretty rough schedule and shot 43% from 3. He's a legit AA candidate. I don't think Travis will be simply because he's unlikely to be the undisputed #1 option at either of the 2 places he's considering. But he's certainly good enough to put UK in the conversation as a final four favorite and Villanova as well.

By the logic any player that returned to college basketball is an average college player.

So college basketball is full of thousands of average college players and no above average players?

Holy shit you’re stupid.
Holy shit I don’t care about your opinion. Glad to know you care so much about mine.
Sorry if Reid Travis is your son, he’s still an average player.

Maye is definitely not an average college player. I don't think Travis is either though I suppose you could make a case considering he played in a very down pac12. Even then he was the focus of every defense he faced so his 19/9 on 53% shooting is still really impressive.

Maye put up 16/10 against a pretty rough schedule and shot 43% from 3. He's a legit AA candidate. I don't think Travis will be simply because he's unlikely to be the undisputed #1 option at either of the 2 places he's considering. But he's certainly good enough to put UK in the conversation as a final four favorite and Villanova as well.

This idiot doesn’t understand what the term average means. If there are 1,000 players in college basketball, calling Maye an average player would be saying he is about the 500th best player in college basketball.

That can’t be a real thought.

You're right, 20/9, 2-time PAC-12 1st team, and would be the favorite for PAC-12 POY this year....super average! Good take. There are plenty of great college players that don't even make it to the NBA, BTW. Also, didn't realize Luke Maye played in the SEC. SmokinSmile

I disagree with you saying that he’s unlikely to be the #1 option at Villanova. If you’re referring to position, he’d play 30+ mins a game at Villanova next year

I disagree with you saying that he’s unlikely to be the #1 option at Villanova. If you’re referring to position, he’d play 30+ mins a game at Villanova next year

Maybe so. I could see any one of him, paschal or booth being the go to scorer for them.

Saying either is a average college player is dumb. Just because you aren’t a 1st round nba prospect doesn’t mean you’re average. One has nothing to do with the other. A average college player doesn’t make all conference in any conference. Who came up with this asinine logic anyway

Saying either is a average college player is dumb. Just because you aren’t a 1st round nba prospect doesn’t mean you’re average. One has nothing to do with the other. A average college player doesn’t make all conference in any conference. Who came up with this asinine logic anyway
@uncfan in ky

There’s a reason why I compared him to Maye. Apparently some ITT don’t remember the things they’ve said about Maye over time.
I’ve seen him called alright, unathletic, decent...etc. BUT now now that UK or Villanova is getting a player similar, they’re both amazing college players.

There’s a reason why I compared him to Maye. Apparently some ITT don’t remember the things they’ve said about Maye over time.
I’ve seen him called alright, unathletic, decent...etc. BUT now now that UK or Villanova is getting a player similar, they’re both amazing college players.
Ehh, That's not quite how I read it, but agree, they are similar players. I wouldn't call either "average". College basketball could use more like them.

You wouldn’t happen to be talking about posts like this, would you? It’s hilarious me. As soon as Uk thinks they are getting someone they magically become the most hyped player on the planet. Then, if they don’t get the guy they just say that “oh well Cal saw someone better” or “we didn’t need him anyway” or “Cal saw somethin that made him want to stay away” ....it’s never that they just got out-recruited.

OP isn't wrong. They're mediocre. Their best player is a goofy, unathletic white dude.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
You wouldn’t happen to be talking about posts like this, would you? It’s hilarious me. As soon as Uk thinks they are getting someone they magically become the most hyped player on the planet. Then, if they don’t get the guy they just say that “oh well Cal saw someone better” or “we didn’t need him anyway” or “Cal saw somethin that made him want to stay away” ....it’s never that they just got out-recruited.
Oh come on. You act as though every single fanbase doesn't do the same.

It's fine. Ignore other fanbases and make sure the UK fans responses stick out and worth repeating.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Oh come on. You act as though every single fanbase doesn't do the same.

It's fine. Ignore other fanbases and make sure the UK fans responses stick out and worth repeating.

I have never seen another fan base hype of their team or a player as much as Uk fans do. I mean heck, let’s look at Vanderbilt. You had people saying omg we’re gonna be so good with him next year and all this and that. He decides to stay in the draft and now it turns into “well we didn’t need him anyways” we are still on our way to #9. That last part is every year around this time. Not saying it wont happen, but this is every year. When you have the most idiots in your fan base out of everyone else, don’t expect to not be pinpointed and not stick out. That’s not how it works...you guys do always brag about having the most fans...

I have never seen another fan base hype of their team or a player as much as Uk fans do. I mean heck, let’s look at Vanderbilt. You had people saying omg we’re gonna be so good with him next year and all this and that. He decides to stay in the draft and now it turns into “well we didn’t need him anyways” we are still on our way to #9. That last part is every year around this time. Not saying it wont happen, but this is every year. When you have the most idiots in your fan base out of everyone else, don’t expect to not be pinpointed and not stick out. That’s not how it works...you guys do always brag about having the most fans...
So positive outlooking UK fans stand out more than positive outlooking other fans....to you. I get it. UK is UL's rival so of course you're going to notice more.

Reactions: kyjeff1
My post, the one you quoted, had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting. I'm not sure what parallels you're trying to draw here.

Oh, and your team is trash. Congrats on the asterisks.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
My post, the one you quoted, had absolutely nothing to do with recruiting. I'm not sure what parallels you're trying to draw here.

Oh, and your team is trash. Congrats on the asterisks.
I called Travis an average player. Then most flipped tits about it. I then compared him to Luke Maye & once again people started saying how they were both good college players.
I did this knowing that people have trashed Maye for years. Your post was an example of people trashing Maye.

I called Travis an average player. Then most flipped tits about it. I then compared him to Luke Maye & once again people started saying how they were both good college players.
I did this knowing that people have trashed Maye for years. Your post was an example of people trashing Maye.
This reminds me of Q getting back at RR posters by saying the same thing they say.

That'll show em. Be just like them.

I guess for your strategy to work, you would have needed for me to comment on Travis, right?

ADVERTISEMENT