ADVERTISEMENT

looking like Reid Travis may be heading to UK

Has he withdrawn from the draft yet? What does this mean for the 3 UK kids yet to make a final decision?

I imagine he'll wait for the Kentucky bigs to make a decision. Seems like he'd be more likely to go Villanova, as Omari Spellman is a legitimate 1st Rounder, and his absence would leave a huge void in the Nova lineup.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I imagine he'll wait for the Kentucky bigs to make a decision. Seems like he'd be more likely to go Villanova, as Omari Spellman is a legitimate 1st Rounder, and his absence would leave a huge void in the Nova lineup.
Isn’t the deadline tonight at midnight?

Has he withdrawn from the draft yet? What does this mean for the 3 UK kids yet to make a final decision?

Right now, it's widely believed among the UK insiders that Washington is back, Vanderbilt is gone (there's been a disconnect between he and Calipari), and Wenyen Gabriel is essentially 50/50.

I would be euphoric to have Washington, Vanderbilt, and Travis. Hell, I would be euphoric to just have Washington and Travis. It's more or less a forgone conclusion that at least 1 guy will leave though, based on everything that has been circulated on UK's side.

He is kind of a douchebag at times but is a good player for sure. Would definitely rather have him at UK than Duke so hope this turns out to be true.

Reactions: DanHalen88

Right now, it's widely believed among the UK insiders that Washington is back, Vanderbilt is gone (there's been a disconnect between he and Calipari), and Wenyen Gabriel is essentially 50/50.

I would be euphoric to have Washington, Vanderbilt, and Travis. Hell, I would be euphoric to just have Washington and Travis. It's more or less a forgone conclusion that at least 1 guy will leave though, based on everything that has been circulated on UK's side.

I'd hate to lose Vanderbilt (dude is like a mini-Rodman when healthy), but I'd take Reid Travis over him and be ecstatic to get PJ back.

Travis would be better than Richards, Washington, Gabriel, Vanderbilt. Huge addition if true.

Reactions: KisteK
Honestly don’t know much about this kid. I would assume we would rather have any of the three of Washington, Vanderbilt, or Gabriel back before him?

Honestly don’t know much about this kid. I would assume we would rather have any of the three of Washington, Vanderbilt, or Gabriel back before him?
No dude---he is a major upgrade. He will produce night in and night out---two way player that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I'd take him over all those guys if he were transferring to KANSAS

He had more productivity than all 3 of those combined. I would take him all day long over any of those three.
Averaged 19/9 at Stanford. Was the favorite for PAC 12 player of the year.
Thanks guys. We always want players to stick around and hate having all these new kids come in every year. It would honestly be refreshing to see some old faces on our team, but if his talent is that great then I guess I can’t complain.

Reactions: treyforuk
Does it bother anyone that De'Aaron Fox and Isaiah Briscoe are better shot-blockers than Reid Travis?

He had more productivity than all 3 of those combined. I would take him all day long over any of those three.

Yeah but Vanderbilt is a lottery pick, potentially top 10 if he’s not injured. Dude can rebound and has more potential than just about anyone in the draft (next year).

Yeah but Vanderbilt is a lottery pick, potentially top 10 if he’s not injured. Dude can rebound and has more potential than just about anyone in the draft (next year).

Whoever gets Vanderbilt and properly rehabs him will get an absolute steal, if he can stay healthy. Dude looked like one of the few transcendent talents on the All-American circuit this past year, and then he got badly injured in the final minute of the Jordan game.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Nah, dude plays low post at 6’8, 250. It’s kind of expected.

Eh, yeah. Plus, for all I know, Stanford may just run a different style of defense than Kentucky. Hard to tell.

JV is in a sorta strange situation
if he does not get drafted and goes to the G-League and does not get injured he can sign for very good money
if he gets injured, it will be tough to get a decent contract
if he comes back to UK and does not get injured then he is a lottery pick
if he gets injured he will not get drafted

One of our insiders talked to somebody inside the Stanford program, and the Stanford person said he thought Travis would go to UK. A lot of people are saying it's UK, but plenty could happen I suppose. I feel like it'll take more than Spellman leaving for Travis to wind up at Nova.

Seems like a long shot for 'Nova but may be their only shot to be a title contender with Spellman gone. Travis would play a ton.

Have to think that being a title contender is a big factor here, and it'll be tougher to sell that with everything that Nova has lost.

One of our insiders talked to somebody inside the Stanford program, and the Stanford person said he thought Travis would go to UK. A lot of people are saying it's UK, but plenty could happen I suppose. I feel like it'll take more than Spellman leaving for Travis to wind up at Nova.

Well they lost 4 of their top 6 guys. He’d easily start and play big minutes. That’s not a guarantee if 2/3 come back for Uk. Nova is still going to be good. Not title contender good. But they have won 2 of the last 3..

ADVERTISEMENT