ADVERTISEMENT

Let's play a recruiting game

1) Kentucky, Duke, UNC - I never feel too bad honestly if we lose a recruiting battle to a blue blood

2) Arizona - Because they cheat

1) Name one school to which you don't mind losing a recruiting battle

2) Name another school to which it would piss you off if you lost a recruiting battle
1. Stanford, Big East programs, and Iowa (if it ever happened)

2. IU, MSU, and to a lesser extent any other top-half B1G program

Reactions: MGC_07
Most recruitments don’t bother me. Most of the time they go to a better situation than what is at KU at the time whether that be because of PT, they stayed closer to home, or the current situation. A top 10 kid picking Duke or UK of KU doesn’t really bother me. There are really only 2 situations that really bother me in recruiting.

-KU recruits a kid for 6 months to even up to 2 years and then someone like Duke, UK, or Arizona come in with an offer or increased interest and get a commitment from them shortly after.

-A kid outside the top 20 goes to Duke or UK even though they already have 1 or 2 guys already signed at that position ranked higher and PT looks like it will be limited for the foreseeable future there.

Most recruitments don’t bother me. Most of the time they go to a better situation than what is at KU at the time whether that be because of PT, they stayed closer to home, or the current situation. A top 10 kid picking Duke or UK of KU doesn’t really bother me. There are really only 2 situations that really bother me in recruiting.

-KU recruits a kid for 6 months to even up to 2 years and then someone like Duke, UK, or Arizona come in with an offer or increased interest and get a commitment from them shortly after.

-A kid outside the top 20 goes to Duke or UK even though they already have 1 or 2 guys already signed at that position ranked higher and PT looks like it will be limited for the foreseeable future there.

U left out “and then transfer after their freshman year”

Fran has had that happen to him on a number of occasions,

starts recruitng a kid as a FR then the kid blows up the summer before his SR year then Kentucky or Kansas steps in at the last minute and he loses them.

Tyler Ulis comes to mind.

Fran has had that happen to him on a number of occasions,

starts recruitng a kid as a FR then the kid blows up the summer before his SR year then Kentucky or Kansas steps in at the last minute and he loses them.

Tyler Ulis comes to mind.

Hm. I wonder why that happens?

ADVERTISEMENT