ADVERTISEMENT

Let the Battle for LaMelo Begin

Kentucky fans would fall over if Melo went to Uk. Ya'll 'sposed to hate that family

Kentucky fans would fall over if Melo went to Uk. Ya'll 'sposed to hate that family
The way things are going this week, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he lands at UK.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Not worried about it because Cal wouldn’t recruit him anyway.

I don't think anyone will recruit him unless there is 100% proof he hasn't received a penny AND the NCAA completes the vetting process

I'm curious where he attends school, if he's eligible. My guess is a school that will sell their soul to get good again. Any contender would be mad to bring him, and his mouth piece aboard.

I think this is one kid that should attend UNC. Roy’s unwilling to start freshman would make for some fantastic quotes out of Lavar. This is one instance I would support Roy keeping someone on the bench.

LaMelo Ball is thinking big when it comes to where he will play college basketball next year after leaving the JBA USA team this week.

Per WKYC's Ben Axelrod, Ball listed North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State as schools he intends to target in recruiting.

LaVar Ball announced on Twitter his son would be attending Spire Prep Academy in Geneva, Ohio to get his high school diploma.

Ball received a warm welcome upon arriving in Ohio, with a giant billboard mirroring the famous LeBron James billboard that used to grace the Sherwin Williams building in downtown Cleveland:

The 17-year-old Ball left Chino Hills High School last year to pursue a professional career in Lithuania with Prienu Vytautas.

If the only way to prevent LaMelo coming to UK was guaranteeing a loss against Louisville in the Sweet 16, I take that loss with no regrets.

He’s not. going to any blue blood program. Not a single one of those coaches are going to deal with that troubled family.

His dad did, I didn’t know the kids did?

Sure, it’s his Dad’s company, but there was a video of him endorsing it. I just don’t know how the NCAA could call him an amateur after that. Then again, this is uncharted territory so who knows? I guess we’ll find out.

Also didn’t he sign with an agent?Think that means forfeiting your amateur status

I find it difficult to believe that LaMelo will ever be considered eligible to play on the college level....ever. The kid signed a pro contract, correct?

No. He wasn’t paid to be a circus freak in Lithuania.
I don't think Enes Kanter took any money and if he did his father paid it back but he still wasn't allowed to play in college.
LaMelo Ball is thinking big when it comes to where he will play college basketball next year after leaving the JBA USA team this week.

Per WKYC's Ben Axelrod, Ball listed North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State as schools he intends to target in recruiting.

LaVar Ball announced on Twitter his son would be attending Spire Prep Academy in Geneva, Ohio to get his high school diploma.

Ball received a warm welcome upon arriving in Ohio, with a giant billboard mirroring the famous LeBron James billboard that used to grace the Sherwin Williams building in downtown Cleveland:

The 17-year-old Ball left Chino Hills High School last year to pursue a professional career in Lithuania with Prienu Vytautas.
It's funny that LaMelo is targeting schools not the other way around.

Keep LaMelo Ball and the rest of the Ball family the hell away from KU and the Lawrence area.

Lavar ****ed up taking this kid out of school over butt hurt. He's trying to walk it back now but the damage has been done. Unfortunate because the kid is talented and just hit a growth spurt and still growing. He'll be a top 10 prospect if not higher but I don't know if anyone will touch him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT