ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk conference realignment and college hoops…

Okay. Live in your ignorant world.

The trip to Canada does not count bozo. Of course you did not read, listen or watch. GEEZE you are so predictable.

You never fail me AuHoosier.
Again Kentucky not doing anything of note in Canada besides cal trying to get his dick sucked by drake. That’s it.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
My position is that those schools like Georgetown, Gonzaga, Villanova and UConn do not qualify for Division I.

I graduated high school in rural Kentucky in 1964. At that time there were about 100 "Division I" schools in the NCAA. Many schools now, over 300, are in no way Division I. If you don't play big time football you should not be allowed to play big time basketball. These "fake" schools should make their own conference. They are the "little" league.

I can't wait until the real conferences create about 5 real leagues and kiss the NCAA cheats good bye.
Bert those "little league schools", well they have 9 combined nattional titles...5 runner-ups and 20 Final Fours.

Reactions: englandnu
Nobody is leaving the Big 10 or the SEC. They struck gold and will ride that money train for as long as they can. I also could see UNC going to the BIg 10 rather than the SEC for the academic prestige.

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Nobody is leaving the Big 10 or the SEC. They struck gold and will ride that money train for as long as they can. I also could see UNC going to the BIg 10 rather than the SEC for the academic prestige.
I agree with the first two sentences, but then: wow wow wow.

I did not know that the SEC was a bunch of academic dummies? Is that what they teach you at Duke? GEEZE, it is Trinity college, founded by Methodists and Quakers, until it was bought out by a tobacco company and their money renamed it Duke.

WOW!

But, I do not want to see UNC in the SEC. I would much prefer to see NC State. I would also like to see Virginia Tech. I would like to see Virginia. That way it is still the Southeastern Conference. The SEC would still be true to it's name.

Bert those "little league schools", well they have 9 combined nattional titles...5 runner-ups and 20 Final Fours.
They are still "little league schools".

Why don't they play all sports?

Answer: football is too damned expensive for those "little league schools" to participate. Why do the big league schools let them play with them?

Sorry but you are wrong, wrong, wrong!

Why do the big league schools have to continue to subsidize the "little league schools"? Screw them all. Kick them out of Division I!

Reactions: hawkit3113
Calm down Bert. I'm not slighting the SEC and I'm not a Duke fan. But the ACC and Big 10 are more esteemed academic conferences and that matters to a lot of folks making these decisions. Despite the SEC being more of a geographic fit, UNC is much more closely aligned academically to the schools in the Big 10 than it is to the SEC. I'm not making this up either. Just google it and you'll see that there are articles written that the Big 10 and SEC both covet Virginia and UNC.

Calm down Bert. I'm not slighting the SEC and I'm not a Duke fan. But the ACC and Big 10 are more esteemed academic conferences and that matters to a lot of folks making these decisions. Despite the SEC being more of a geographic fit, UNC is much more closely aligned academically to the schools in the Big 10 than it is to the SEC. I'm not making this up either. Just google it and you'll see that there are articles written that the Big 10 and SEC both covet Virginia and UNC.
I am sorry for accusing you of being a Puke fan. Sorry.

You say that you are not slighting the SEC? Oh, I would have never guessed. The SEC schools are academically as good as the ACC, you say that they are not and I say Damn! What about all the good medical schools, vet schools, art schools et.al., in the SEC. GEEZE!

The B1G and ACC "are more esteemed academic conferences". WOW! I am still trying to understand that.

So I say let the B1G have Virginia and UNC. Virginia Tech is far better academically. Holy shit! Give us Clemson.

"Calm down Bert." Geeze, I do need to calm down as UNC is not the geniuses of the ACC. DAMN! Hell UNC won a title with a guy who never went to a fvcking class. Man that is academic supremacy!

So let the B1G take Virginia and UNC.

It was the same thing. All schools get to take an overseas trip and compete in games or a tourney every few years. Kentucky is not getting anything special here. Stop it
It's not the same thing. The Canada trip didn't count due to the fact we were representing the USA.

UK went to the Bahamas last year. That was like your Isreal trip.

• Love
It's not the same thing. The Canada trip didn't count due to the fact we were representing the USA.

UK went to the Bahamas last year. That was like your Isreal trip.
The United States should be better than choosing a subpar coach to represent them. I am guessing this wasn’t against canadas top players though

I am sorry for accusing you of being a Puke fan. Sorry.

You say that you are not slighting the SEC? Oh, I would have never guessed. The SEC schools are academically as good as the ACC, you say that they are not and I say Damn! What about all the good medical schools, vet schools, art schools et.al., in the SEC. GEEZE!

The B1G and ACC "are more esteemed academic conferences". WOW! I am still trying to understand that.

So I say let the B1G have Virginia and UNC. Virginia Tech is far better academically. Holy shit! Give us Clemson.

"Calm down Bert." Geeze, I do need to calm down as UNC is not the geniuses of the ACC. DAMN! Hell UNC won a title with a guy who never went to a fvcking class. Man that is academic supremacy!

So let the B1G take Virginia and UNC.
Calm down.

• Haha
Sounds like Arizona will officially join the Big 12 within the next few days.

This is going to be a hell of a basketball conference.

Arizona/Houston/Colorado/Cincy/BYU/UCF >>>>OU/Texass

Sounds like Arizona will officially join the Big 12 within the next few days.

This is going to be a hell of a basketball conference.

Arizona/Houston/Colorado/Cincy/BYU/UCF >>>>OU/Texass
Yormack deserves a lot of credit. Dude went fully on offense after Texas/Oklahoma left. However Those 6 though still don’t combine generate financially what the other two can and football is still what drives things. Big 12 will be a stacked basketball conference but the big 12 wont have a single school that can legitimately win a national title now in football

Yormack deserves a lot of credit. Dude went fully on offense after Texas/Oklahoma left. However Those 6 though still don’t combine generate financially what the other two can and football is still what drives things. Big 12 will be a stacked basketball conference but the big 12 wont have a single school that can legitimately win a national title now in football

I’m just talking about competitiveness in basketball. 4 perennial top 10ish programs, and almost every program will be solid.

I’m just talking about competitiveness in basketball. 4 perennial top 10ish programs, and almost every program will be solid.
Absolutely you’re stacked in basketball. You think you add more than Arizona? I saw someone mention uconn?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I'm absolutely stoked. Can't wait for Arizona to enter the thunder dome Big 12 basketball. Pac 12 hoops has been trash for a while. The former commissioner put a freaking bounty on our coach. Good riddance.

Here's what Big Ten Basketball is getting:

UCLA - 11 national championships, 3 straight seasons with at least getting to the S16

USC - 3 straight NCAAT appearances, #3 recruiting class in 2023

Oregon - 13 straight 20+ win seasons, Won an NCAAT game in 7 of the last 10 tournaments

Washington -

Reactions: F-Duke
A solid #5 conference.

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Doubt it. The Big Ten is cornering nearly every major market in the US and keeps pumping out more consumers by the day.
I'd be interested to see the demographics. The question will be will the younger crowds be as enthusiastic with the product if they don't dominate like they did when most Boomers were at that age. Excluding Ohio State, of course, who is the most consistent program in CFB without a doubt.

But for now, the B1G has big numbers because of population density and history. The product on the field, less 3 programs, has not met expectations.

The SEC can at least boast Championships over multiple teams. They have dominated CFB.

The B1G has a lot of fat on those bones, and has 8 teams that would be at the bottom half of the Big 12 even.

I'd be interested to see the demographics. The question will be will the younger crowds be as enthusiastic with the product if they don't dominate like they did when most Boomers were at that age. Excluding Ohio State, of course, who is the most consistent program in CFB without a doubt.

But for now, the B1G has big numbers because of population density and history. The product on the field, less 3 programs, has not met expectations.

The SEC can at least boast Championships over multiple teams. They have dominated CFB.

The B1G has a lot of fat on those bones, and has 8 teams that would be at the bottom half of the Big 12 even.

Don’t worry about the Big Ten. Too many B1G brands, schools and markets to fail.

I gotta assume Washington State and Oregon State are SOL and will likely have to settle for the MWC.

But, what about Cal and Stanford? They both have a lot of academic prestige. Sizable endowments. I always thought they never wanted to align with BYU or Baylor. So, now what? Try to go for the Big 12 anyway? ACC, perhaps?

I gotta assume Washington State and Oregon State are SOL and will likely have to settle for the MWC.

But, what about Cal and Stanford? They both have a lot of academic prestige. Sizable endowments. I always thought they never wanted to align with BYU or Baylor. So, now what? Try to go for the Big 12 anyway? ACC, perhaps?

Just breaking

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT