ADVERTISEMENT

Knecht or Sheppard?

Going to repost, in case Scotty’s on block or anything by anybody.

IMG-4050.jpg

I will say this to answer the OP, Knecht is pro ready now and Sheppard could go down as the greatest guard in UK's history.

I mean, length is part of an advantage in sports, just like skill and many other things. I think the only people who would argue Sheppard are UK fans, which is on brand but still sort of proves that it is probably Knecht.
Besides that, Sheppard is a Dukie. He looks like a 1962 poster boy with his alabaster skin and short hair cut and probably wears argyle.

Pretty wild that Sheppard (with far less size and athletic ability) is projected in the 5-8 range in most mock drafts while Knecht is top 10 in some but fringe lotto in most. 🤔 Then again, they like those younger guys.
It is even wilder that Knecht can be a mere transfer from N Colorado only to school UK lottery picks.

Reeves is a mere transfer from Illinois State with virtually identical stat lines as Knecht. Also, UK defense is garbage against everyone. Duhhhh.
The stat lines aren't identical or Shep would be in consideration for POY.

The stat lines aren't identical or Shep would be in consideration for POY.
Reeves (not Reed), and he is in consideration, although Knecht will be SEC POY. But Sheppard will be national frosh of the year and potentially SEC DPOY (or at least all-defensive team). Reeves' shooting percentages (like Sheppard's) are also better than Knecht's.

Reactions: treyforuk
Look at him and you tell me. I'll bet he wears a sweater by tying the sleeves around his neck. Besides, he can't be from Kentucky cause he doesn't have 6 fingers on each hand.
So because he's white, he should be a dukie...so Knecht should be playing for KU?

Knecht is really good, not great but if you ask me if I would trade Shep for him I’d say no really fast. I love everything Shep does for UK and he’s all about the team and the name on the front of the jersey.
IMG-4051.jpg
Wonder how many had 393 points...138 assist.....132 rebounds, 77 steals and 23 blocks?

Knecht is a better scorer, Sheppard is a better all around player.

Can't believe that Knecht only averages 1.8 assts per game. Needs to learn how to distribute the ball better, especially when so much of the defensive focus of the opposition is on him.

Was shocked to see that number so low.
What’re you smoking? Knecht is the 2nd best player in the country. He’s way better than Sheppard. The defensive attention that Knecht gets is insane and he still manages to produce video game numbers.

• Love
Reactions: della
There is only 1 player in NCAA history that averaged 2.5PPG, 0.4 APG, 0.6 RPG, had a one-eyed cat named Razzle, put his shoes on before his pants, and ate frozen pizzas while they are still frozen.

What a legend!
"One eyed cat named Razzle"

I'm crying... Laughing

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I can't stand when they use stats like that. They do it across all sports too.
Its sounds desperate, TBH....And chessy. How about this...

Reed is the only freshman to ever score 300+ points, 250+ rebounds and assists combined"?---Who gives a **** about 23 blocks...RollLaugh

Do what?

Greatest guard in UK's HISTORY?

Kid is good....But come on, bro.
I didn't realize he was a one and done. I don't know why assumed he wasn't. Hell he's a top ten pick which will negate any career stats. But yeah, I said he could go down as the best guard in UK's history. I mean considering his unreal stats this year and assuming no severe injuries, yeah I think he's career numbers if he wasn't a one and done could be a UK record at the position.

Reactions: treyforuk
I didn't realize he was a one and done. I don't know why assumed he wasn't. Hell he's a top ten pick which will negate any career stats. But yeah, I said he could go down as the best guard in UK's history. I mean considering his unreal stats this year and assuming no severe injuries, yeah I think he's career numbers if he wasn't a one and done could be a UK record at the position.
Realize I could make the same argument for John Wall as well....Or SGA.....Or Monk....Booker as well. Or Fox.

Shep is good. Really good. But greatest ever? I dunno, man. Think if Wall plays 4 years? Hell, even two.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT