ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Vs. Tennessee

What do you want me to say? You ain’t good at getting to people. I wanna expect more from you but you’re making it impossible.
tenor.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, now, what the hell is going on here?

I seem to miss a lot when I don’t post regularly. Why y’all beefin’?
A UK fan got possessed by the ghost of Adolph Rupp & called a Tennessee fan the N word.
UK fans are in spin mold.

So because more people make accusations, that equals proof? Ooooooookay.
These were the words of the people that were there first hand. The more first hand credible eyewitness accounts make a preponderance of evidence. One of these guys was Rupp's long time assistant.

Having said that, I do believe it was a different time and can't fairly be judged by today's standards. To Bert's point, the whole country and especially the south was racist back in the day. I am a product of the 80's, so I really have not experienced racism on the scale of certain races not being able to eat, use the bathroom, drink water or use a motel.

For all we know, Bert may have been at Woolworth's lunch counter when all the ruckus over dining came about it the 60's. He may have had a front row seat and witnessed things first hand.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No, I was talking about Jimbo and Bert
Bert got in his feelings because I don't worship the ground of everything and all things Kentucky. Therefore, because I'm not in the camp that Kentucky can do no wrong, Bert sees me as playing "both sides" and a "snake" when in fact, he is the grouchy douche who criticizes and cusses you out if you don't agree with him. He also still has not responded to this post from a neutral observer.

Jimbo is always nice to me. Jimbo has never talked to me about you, so I don't know how he feels about you.
No other UK fans seem to have him on ignore and he seems to get along with others well.

I don't care how old and senile he is, he's a jackass who sits behind a keyboard. UK fan or not, I will call him out on his bullshit.

Bert got in his feelings because I don't worship the ground of everything and all things Kentucky. Therefore, because I'm not in the camp that Kentucky can do no wrong, Bert sees me as playing "both sides" and a "snake" when in fact, he is the grouchy douche who criticizes and cusses you out if you don't agree with him. He also still has not responded to this post from a neutral observer.

I don't care how old and senile he is, he's a jackass who sits behind a keyboard. UK fan or not, I will call him out on his bullshit.
Ok, I can now tell Bert how you feel about him if he asks. However, everyone has a different view of what being a fan is. You both love UK Sick which is y'all's shared major flaw. I would label Bert as a zealot and you a moderate. I will give Bert some credit for volunteering that UK laid an egg against UT and didn't lose for cheating or refs or anything else. You on the other hand never get color blind calling a game.

The Kentucky state motto is "Together we stand and divided we fall". Y'all should heed that motto or risk me kicking y'all's divided asses on the message board.:)

These were the words of the people that were there first hand. The more first hand credible eyewitness accounts make a preponderance of evidence. One of these guys was Rupp's long time assistant.

Having said that, I do believe it was a different time and can't fairly be judged by today's standards. To Bert's point, the whole country and especially the south was racist back in the day. I am a product of the 80's, so I really have not experienced racism on the scale of certain races not being able to eat, use the bathroom, drink water or use a motel.

For all we know, Bert may have been at Woolworth's lunch counter when all the ruckus over dining came about it the 60's. He may have had a front row seat and witnessed things first hand.
Yeah, you know, I really don't know what to say about it. It seems like everyone has a story to tell about UK and Adolph Rupp and nothing ever jives.

But most importantly, it's a fact that the 50's and 60's was a different time. I can't imagine what it was like to live in that era and think it's okay to treat people the way they did. I also can't even begin to imagine what it was like to be a person of color back then. It had to be awful. But that's how it was and anyone that thinks their school had no racism issues just doesn't understand what that era was like. I'm a product of the 70's/80's, but I've seen enough and read enough to get a very good idea of what went down regularly back then.

I've been all over the country. I have met some interesting characters along the way. Seen racism in every state I've been to and it was easy, because one of the guys on my crew was black. He would do anything for anybody, but that didn't matter. Been in two all out bar brawls (Connecticut and Tennessee) and had a religious guy down in Louisianna tell me that they need to send all them N*****s back home on a boat and send us Northerners the bill. I was a New Jerseyan back then. Unreal.

But anyway, it ain't just Kentucky, it's everywhere. That brawl we were in in Tennessee, happened in Knoxville btw. Bunch of the guys went out for a few beers and about an hour later, I get a call from my brother telling me I need to hightale it over to the bar. I get there and it had already started. One of the antagonizers was a local cop. Awesome.
It's everywhere.

In summary, Bert is upset that Jimbo, one of the biggest UK homers on the board, is not an even bigger UK homer.SmokinSmile

Ok, I can now tell Bert how you feel about him if he asks. However, everyone has a different view of what being a fan is. You both love UK Sick which is y'all's shared major flaw. I would label Bert as a zealot and you a moderate. I will give Bert some credit for volunteering that UK laid an egg against UT and didn't lose for cheating or refs or anything else. You on the other hand never get color blind calling a game.

The Kentucky state motto is "Together we stand and divided we fall". Y'all should heed that motto or risk me kicking y'all's divided asses on the message board.:)

Nope. Working both sides against the middle is not a trait of a even dealer. It is the sign of a worm. I don't deal with those type folks.

I have no interest in what he thinks or what he says. That is why Rivals has an ignore button. Jimbo burned the bridge.

It’s like I said earlier, people will use anything and everything to try and make UK look bad. They don’t care how dumb it makes them as long as the feel like they done damage. I’ve heard it all from “we do things the right way” to “Rupp and UK is raciest” to “UK is the only school that has bad fans” lolLaughing. I personally love it when people make their self look like a jackass but that’s just me.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Nope. Working both sides against the middle is not a trait of a even dealer. It is the sign of a worm. I don't deal with those type folks.

I have no interest in what he thinks or what he says. That is why Rivals has an ignore button. Jimbo burned the bridge.
What the frig does that even mean, "working both side against the middle"? What specifically has he done that is so heinous?

It’s like I said earlier, people will use anything and everything to try and make UK look bad. They don’t care how dumb it makes them as long as the feel like they done damage. I’ve heard it all from “we do things the right way” to “Rupp and UK is raciest” to “UK is the only school that has bad fans” lolLaughing. I personally love it when people make their self look like a jackass but that’s just me.
There is plenty of evidence to support the racist thingie, not that I care.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Yeah, you know, I really don't know what to say about it. It seems like everyone has a story to tell about UK and Adolph Rupp and nothing ever jives.

But most importantly, it's a fact that the 50's and 60's was a different time. I can't imagine what it was like to live in that era and think it's okay to treat people the way they did. I also can't even begin to imagine what it was like to be a person of color back then. It had to be awful. But that's how it was and anyone that thinks their school had no racism issues just doesn't understand what that era was like. I'm a product of the 70's/80's, but I've seen enough and read enough to get a very good idea of what went down regularly back then.

I've been all over the country. I have met some interesting characters along the way. Seen racism in every state I've been to and it was easy, because one of the guys on my crew was black. He would do anything for anybody, but that didn't matter. Been in two all out bar brawls (Connecticut and Tennessee) and had a religious guy down in Louisianna tell me that they need to send all them N*****s back home on a boat and send us Northerners the bill. I was a New Jerseyan back then. Unreal.

But anyway, it ain't just Kentucky, it's everywhere. That brawl we were in in Tennessee, happened in Knoxville btw. Bunch of the guys went out for a few beers and about an hour later, I get a call from my brother telling me I need to hightale it over to the bar. I get there and it had already started. One of the antagonizers was a local cop. Awesome.
It's everywhere.
I think it was everywhere, but is not now. Any race person has the same rights as any other race today.

I think it was everywhere, but is not now. Any race person has the same rights as any other race today.
It wasn't then. The civil rights acts were passed in 1964 and 1968.

Additionally the first amendment gives all Americans the right to express their views. It may be racist but you have the right to do it.

Listen to rap dear Della and get an education on the first amendment.

It wasn't then. The civil rights acts were passed in 1964 and 1968.

Additionally the first amendment gives all Americans the right to express their views. It may be racist but you have the right to do it.

Listen to rap dear Della and get an education on the first amendment.
I don't like rap and I don't need to get something I already have.

It's everywhere.
Are you near Knoxville? I'm moving there in May/June.

That is Jimbo's problem.

The deal with Jimbo is water under the bright and it is none of your business. I ignore him.
Then why do you keep bringing it up to me? You went out of your way to tell me you saw his like of a post of mine.

Reactions: JimboBBN
What the frig does that even mean, "working both side against the middle"? What specifically has he done that is so heinous?
What have you gotten yourself in the middle of Della? This is kinda funny.

It's still out there everywhere, some people are just good at hiding it.
I think there are some old prejudices, but I think they are dying away. If they hide it who cares? It is when they act on it when it is bad.

I think there are some old prejudices, but I think they are dying away. If they hide it who cares? It is when they act on it when it is bad.
That’s the thing, they only hide it for so long, it eventually comes out.

ADVERTISEMENT