ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky on Verge of Recruiting Megaclass?

I didn’t move anything. Dukes class is loaded. Gotta win it, right?
No. How fng stupid are you. The only people who say because you have a good recruiting class you should win it all are opposing fans to try and make themselves feel better.

No. How fng stupid are you. The only people who say because you have a good recruiting class you should win it all are opposing fans to try and make themselves feel better.
Touched a nerve with this bit€h.

I seem to remember a lot of shit thrown at Cal for 2015. K with Zion, Barrett, Reddish was worse though. Maybe Scheyer can get it done. You know…. Loaded class and all…

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Touched a nerve with this bit€h.

I seem to remember a lot of shit thrown at Cal for 2015. K with Zion, Barrett, Reddish was worse though. Maybe Scheyer can get it done. You know…. Loaded class and all…
Wow. Still butt hurt from 2015. Sad. Btw, who won it in 2015.

Really. Have you tried google?
I’m familiar with it. Seems like a good concept.

The single team that beat the ‘15 UK team is the undisputed champion, regardless of any games beyond that. Every other NCAA team they faced was either defeated by them . . . or were in que to be.

Kentucky’s run was the dominant collective focus for fans and sportswriters that season whether rooting for or against them. I don’t have any influence whatsoever of majority perception or the past. It just is what it is. Debating it won’t alter it.

Last edited:
“And then I hugged him and told him ‘We’ll miss you, Jai.’

1408143827013-IMG-1676.jpeg

Last edited:
@della whats your thought on the recruiting battle with Calipari and Barnes on the Edwards kid? Who you think gets him?

@della whats your thought on the recruiting battle with Calipari and Barnes on the Edwards kid? Who you think gets him?
I think it doesn't matter. If Cal gets him and y'all have a mega class Barnes will just kick y'all's ass as per usual. Barnes recruits well, but Cal is a top recruiter. Barnes develops players better than Cal though. UT has won more than lost to UK lately on the court, but I doubt the Vols have out recruited UK in many if any of those years.

I think he goes to UK because Barnes did not attend the Peach Jam, but I actually have no idea what is in the mind of that kid.

"Barnes develops players better than Cal though.".... yeah, right. Look up the #'s of ut players in the NBA vs UK's.

Sucks when FACTS keep mucking up your cool little stories.

"Barnes develops players better than Cal though.".... yeah, right. Look up the #'s of ut players in the NBA vs UK's.

Sucks when FACTS keep mucking up your cool little stories.
Isn't it relevant to the recruit? How much development does a #1 pick take JC? If he goes in the 2nd or 3rd round isn't that kinda a letdown? Then take a 3* and Barnes takes him from unknown to the NBA, that is what we are talking about.

How does Barnes beat Cal with less highly recruited players?

Those are the facts, your move... :cool:

Isn't it relevant to the recruit? How much development does a #1 pick take JC? If he goes in the 2nd or 3rd round isn't that kinda a letdown? Then take a 3* and Barnes takes him from unknown to the NBA, that is what we are talking about.

THIRD round???!! You've just stepped in it..... you truly don't know what you're talking about.

Take a look at the list, Della. There's quite a bit of developing that Cal did with these guys to get them where they are.
That has nothing to do with player development as the players were developed coming out of highschool.

If Lebron James had gone to UK would you attribute his success to his development at UK or the fact is was just a great talent to begin with?

I think it doesn't matter. If Cal gets him and y'all have a mega class Barnes will just kick y'all's ass as per usual. Barnes recruits well, but Cal is a top recruiter. Barnes develops players better than Cal though. UT has won more than lost to UK lately on the court, but I doubt the Vols have out recruited UK in many if any of those years.

I think he goes to UK because Barnes did not attend the Peach Jam, but I actually have no idea what is in the mind of that kid.
What is this 3rd round you speak of?😂

Barnes develops players better? Don’t do that to yourself Deller!

Why do you think Barnes didn’t go to Peach Jam? He knew Cal already had Edwards locked up or Barnes moved on to a better player?

Also, like I said before, every few years a team like Arkansas, UF, UT and so on comes along and has a nice little run against UK but let’s not let that cloud your thinking. Barnes has a winning record against Cal but it’s not like he’s ahead by a lot. I know you like to hang your hat on that record because it’s all you have but like you say, those wins are in the past and they don’t matter. Right?

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with player development as the players were developed coming out of highschool.

If Lebron James had gone to UK would you attribute his success to his development at UK or the fact is was just a great talent to begin with?
Great players need development also! If you understood basketball you would know this. Coming outta highschool they have bad habits they have to be broken from. They go from being the man and taking all the shots to buying into the team and playing within the team concept. Won’t find anybody better than Cal getting guys to do that.

As far as developing players where is all of Barnes players in the NBA? Is that Scofield or whatever names is even still play? Dude should’ve been a first round pick.

You don't understand player development and I suppose that is reasonable you being a UK fan in the current day.
You are lost without a compass.

1. Shea Gilgeous Alexander- 4 Star when committed to UK. Developed to first round pick.
  2. Immanuel Quickley- 2 years of developing at UK before being drafted
  3. Nick Richards- 3 years of developing at UK before being drafted
  4. PJ Washington- 2 years of developing at UK before being drafted
  5. Wenyen Gabriel- 2 years of developing at UK. Currently w\the Lakers
  6. Hamidou Diallo- 2 years at UK. Currently w\the Pistons

What is this 3rd round you speak of?😂

Barnes develops players better? Don’t do that to yourself Deller!

Why do you think Barnes didn’t go to Peach Jam? He knew Cal already had Edwards locked up or Barnes moved on to a better player?
Don't be a delusional homer UK fan Scooter. You can't have it all, unless you actually have it all and y'all don't.

UK can't be best at recruiting, best at coaching and best at development and still get your asses beat on the regular. It just doesn't make sense and makes you look foolish.

The difference between JC and myself is I am honest. I have already said Cal is a great recruiter and that I thought that kid would go to UK, but I don't know for sure. JC wants to say UK is best at everything, but game results prove contrary to that position.

1. Shea Gilgeous Alexander- 4 Star when committed to UK. Developed to first round pick.
Explain why UT keeps kicking UK's ass?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Explain why UT keeps kicking UK's ass?

What kind of idiotic arguing is this? You site 6 players when Cal has been at Uk for how many years? How many players have washed out at UK? The year you lost more than you won didn't have a highly touted class? Don't be such a homer.

What kind of idiotic arguing is this? You site 6 players when Cal has been at Uk for how many years? How many players have washed out at UK? The year you lost more than you won didn't have a highly touted class? Don't be such a homer.
Those items 1 through 6 in my post are called FACTS. They directly refute what you were saying about Cal not developing players while they are playing at UK. I could easily make arguments for other UK players under Cal that developed in ONE season at UK that got them drafted (Hero, Keldon Johnson, Isaiah Jackson immediately come to mind), but you would have just spouted off that they were NBA-ready anyway....and again, you'd have been wrong.

Explain your constant deflecting, changing the subject, and of course that mythical THIRD round of the NBA draft you mentioned earlier. UK is 158 - 77 vs ut, so again...you don't know what you're talking about.

My deflecting? 😆

You're the one deflecting and expanding the conversation. This is what you responded to, so let's keep it in this universe.

First off it is about Cal/Barnes, so what happened in horse and buggy days is irrelevant. So, I obviously know what I'm talking about, but you are having difficulty staying on point.

Barnes kicks Cal's ass more often than not. That is a fact. The question is why? I say it is player development, what do you say it is? So, don't be a dumbass. It has to be something, what is it?😎

• Haha
Those items 1 through 6 in my post are called FACTS. They directly refute what you were saying about Cal not developing players while they are playing at UK. I could easily make arguments for other UK players under Cal that developed in ONE season at UK that got them drafted (Hero, Keldon Johnson, Isaiah Jackson immediately come to mind), but you would have just spouted off that they were NBA-ready anyway....and again, you'd have been wrong.
How does Barnes kick UK's ass with inferior players?

Don't be a delusional homer UK fan Scooter. You can't have it all, unless you actually have it all and y'all don't.

UK can't be best at recruiting, best at coaching and best at development and still get your asses beat on the regular. It just doesn't make sense and makes you look foolish.

The difference between JC and myself is I am honest. I have already said Cal is a great recruiter and that I thought that kid would go to UK, but I don't know for sure. JC wants to say UK is best at everything, but game results prove contrary to that position.
Actually you can have it all. As I’ve said, different teams have had small many runs like UT is having against UK but if you wanna look at it that way why not look at all time series? Let me ask one more time, if Barnes is such a great developer or players where the hell they all at?

My deflecting? 😆

You're the one deflecting and expanding the conversation. This is what you responded to, so let's keep it in this universe.

First off it is about Cal/Barnes, so what happened in horse and buggy days is irrelevant. So, I obviously know what I'm talking about, but you are having difficulty staying on point.

Barnes kicks Cal's ass more often than not. That is a fact. The question is why? I say it is player development, what do you say it is? So, don't be a dumbass. It has to be something, what is it?😎
Why is it Cal is a better tourney coach than Barnes? You would think since Barnes is a better developer (your words) his teams would make runs in the tourney every year but here we are and they still call him “Regular season Rick”.

Actually you can have it all. As I’ve said, different teams have had small many runs like UT is having against UK but if you wanna look at it that way why not look at all time series? Let me ask one more time, if Barnes is such a great developer or players where the hell they all at?
Rupp has not failed y'all, Hall has not failed y'all. Cal has failed y'all. The notion of "small mini runs" is ridiculous. Our record is tied to who our coach is just like y'all. When Barnes goes away, Ut will either have to find a great replacement or we will fade. However, it is just not some random occurrence like UK fans try to claim.

Why is it Cal is a better tourney coach than Barnes? You would think since Barnes is a better developer (your words) his teams would make runs in the tourney every year but here we are and they still call him “Regular season Rick”.
You need to start answering some questions. My opening post was an answer to a post. You try answering something before instead of trying to maneuver away from something.

In the spirit of fair play I will say Barnes postseason record is better than Cal's in the last two years.

My deflecting? 😆

Even after a few months, your idiotic tactics remain the same. Deflect, change the subject, talking in circles, and ignorance of the facts. Good God, UK has beaten ut TWICE as much as the other way around and you revert back to pie chart arguing. You are so predictably redundant.... a human re-run.

Even after a few months, your idiotic tactics remain the same. Deflect, change the subject, talking in circles, and ignorance of the facts. Good God, UK has beaten ut TWICE as much as the other way around and you revert back to pie chart arguing. You are so predictably redundant.... a human re-run.
You are the one talking in circles and you're doing it cause you can't answer the bell. You should just throw in the towel cause your attacking me instead of countering what I said is an admission of your loss.

I even resposted it to get you back on track. So it is kinda like a game, if you can't stop it, you're going to get it run down your throat until you do. 😝

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT