Who takes the title

• Kentucky

Votes: 65 44.5%
  • Kansas

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Duke

Votes: 19 13.0%

• Total voters
I think itbwould have been. A FF in 93. Then three straight titles. That would've been quite impressive.
It sucks it was just 4 Final Fours, 1 Runner up and 2 Championships during that short time-span.

UK has the worst mini-dynasties ever. :(

Kentucky.jpg

*missing a '15 FF banner

Wait, now. For one, I thought Duke was ONLY good since Coach K? Also, make up your mind. You said dynasty's are over several decades. But the refer to UCLA"s run as just that- a dynasty. Man do you even believe what you type?
Most UK fans remember beating Duke in the '66 Final Four and the '78 Championship. Both were prior to K.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Finally a Kentucky fan who can acknowledge the truth. Calipari has had FOUR #1 overall picks (Rose, Wall, Davis, and Towns) and only has one title to his name. That's embarrassing but I'm really proud of you for admitting it.
Also astounding that he is the only coach to win a championship and have a first draft pick in the same year since Pervis Ellison was drafted from Louisville in 1989.

How do you know what blue bloods measure by? Winking Most I know measure by overall success in every manner possible. From recruiting, to games, to being Elite in March, and post college success. Whether NBA, Coaching, etc. Bring in great young men and make them in to men. (wait that sounded wrong).

And Bennett should work on that. UVA isn't that far from other schools recruiting at an elite level.

Because I read this board. You guys tell me that championships are the only things that matter.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Because I read this board. You guys tell me that championships are the only things that matter.
I've saw those as well. Amazing how Championships are the only thing that matters when it comes to other teams.

Most UK fans I know want banner worthy (FF or better) years. Sure there's some that got away, but we were right there.

Trust me, when you taste it, you can't get enough.

Reactions: EastKYWildcat
I've saw those as well. Amazing how Championships are the only thing that matters when it comes to other teams.

Most UK fans I know want banner worthy (FF or better) years. Sure there's some that got away, but we were right there.

Trust me, when you taste it, you can't get enough.

I can't even begin to explain the mountain of shit this board gave me when I posted that every year I want a F4 or better. Idiots from every fan base, but yours was loudest.

I can't even begin to explain the mountain of shit this board gave me when I posted that every year I want a F4 or better. Idiots from every fan base, but yours was loudest.

Not surprising UK was the loudest. It's double edged.

A Final Four is like placing in the olympics of college basketball. No shame. Hell of a season.

Who was your coach then? Same as '66? Same as '78?

Just curiuos, I have no idea. I associate some programs with past coaches, but I'm only aware of one Duke coach so TIA.
Sorry I couldn’t reply right after. My post count ran out. Vic Bubas wa the head coach at that time in 1964. He was also head coach when UK played Duke in the 66 final four. Bill Foster was the head coach when Duke played UK in the 78 title game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It sucks it was just 4 Final Fours, 1 Runner up and 2 Championships during that short time-span.

UK has the worst mini-dynasties ever. :(

Kentucky.jpg

*missing a '15 FF banner
Ummm, I said it would be. Not sure why this type of response??? I guess it's that insecurity sneaking out....:eek:

These are the three in their own class to start their season...Who you got?
No they're not. UVA is essentially returning its entire team from last year that rolled to a ACC Regular Season and Tournament title.

They should be preseason #1 but most humans are utterly incapable of overcoming recency bias.

It's not recency bias, they play a style that simply doesn't win in March. History shows you have to score to win titles and Bennetts teams can't do that aganst quality competition consistently.

So, given the choice between the three teams the OP listed and the field, who do you take for the title? I'd honestly take Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas.

The thing is, I was giving UK their due credit. They just get so angry at the mere mention that Michigan could have a good season as if Michigan is their rival or something.

So basically what you're saying is instead of them up-playing Michgan losing, thus roaring over their destruction of Bemax, they are saying Michigan sucks and downplaying Bemax?

The thing is, I was giving UK their due credit. They just get so angry at the mere mention that Michigan could have a good season as if Michigan is their rival or something.

i just got done reading that thread and i never seen the "anger" you mentioned
some disagreed with the ceiling you said UM has, but that was about it
oh yea one guy said Detroit is trash, i'll give you that one although he is not entirely wrong

if i missed any of the "anger" posts (which is possible) please link them for me
you were on another teams message board, the odds of them giving your team a lot of ruh-rahs is slim
that would be no different if i posted on the UM board or any other board

anyone that wants to read it can judge for themselves
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...igan-in-5-min-1est.270792/page-4#post-7099275

Reactions: kyjeff1
Yeah, that thread is a 1 on the Rafters anger scale.

You're gonna have to bring up KU, UNC or Duke to unleash the rage.

Duke, UNC, Louisville, Indiana..... Kansas not quite so much. I guarantee UK angers you much more than Kansas angers the vast majority of UK fans, as proven on this board.

Kansas not so much? Now I believe that you haven't posted there in 10 years.

There's an insane amount of vitriol spewed at KU on that board.

i just got done reading that thread and i never seen the "anger" you mentioned
some disagreed with the ceiling you said UM has, but that was about it
oh yea one guy said Detroit is trash, i'll give you that one although he is not entirely wrong

if i missed any of the "anger" posts (which is possible) please link them for me
you were on another teams message board, the odds of them giving your team a lot of ruh-rahs is slim
that would be no different if i posted on the UM board or any other board

anyone that wants to read it can judge for themselves
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...igan-in-5-min-1est.270792/page-4#post-7099275

If you went to a Michigan forum calling Michigan the top program and telling Michigan fans that Michigan is better than Kentucky, but Kentucky should still be solid, they wouldn’t start trashing your or Kentucky. I guarantee that.

Kansas not so much? Now I believe that you haven't posted there in 10 years.

There's an insane amount of vitriol spewed at KU on that board.

Nah, just ask @meblue2 and he will tell you that there is nothing but respectable and level headed posting over there.

As much as you spew at UK? Be honest. You have to admit that comment coming from you is very ironic and hypocritical.

Ha....I'm extremely tame by comparison. I may jab at Kentucky more than other programs or fanbases, but it's usually not venomous.

Dude they're those most insecure folks ever. So to them, everyone's a rival. The prettiest girl in school who needs to be told, she's the prettiest girl in school symdrome.

If you went to a Michigan forum calling Michigan the top program and telling Michigan fans that Michigan is better than Kentucky, but Kentucky should still be solid, they wouldn’t start trashing your or Kentucky. I guarantee that.

almost every board treats UK fans with hostility no matter how nice and polite we are

hail you are a good poster but i think you stretched the truth on the anger towards you
if it was so bad why did you go back and continue posting after complaining over here?
was your purpose to go to RR be nice and then come back here and cry "they were mean to me"

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT