Votes: 65 44.5%
  • Kansas

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Duke

Votes: 19 13.0%

• Total voters

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
These are the three in their own class to start their season...Who you got?

You should start a thread asking if Kentucky will even need a punt returner, I don’t see any sense in it tbh.

I honestly think Nevada and Gonzaga are legitimate top 5 teams. Never seen two mid-majors in the same season stacked like this before. Both teams could be 1 seeds.

Between the teams listed, I would go with Kansas. They have experience and depth. And probably the best frontcourt in the nation.

UVA only lost two starters from a team that won 31 games last year and went 20-1 in the ACC. People will underestimate us because of UMBC but that’s perfectly fine with me.
You lost to a 16 seed. Lol

You guys are going after Kansas for best regular season program for sure

We've been pretty good in the ACC tournament the last few years too. That's the postseason so it's not all just regular season success. But, yeah, the NCAA tourney has been Kansas like.

Too soon to tell. Many new pieces. Exhibitions against scrubs may tell you a few things, but they definitely don't paint a clear picture.

I think this KU roster has potential to be Bill's best. Potentially dominant. But relative to Kentucky, Duke, and others? Who knows.

No one really puts UNC in that conversation, but three senior starters plus a couple badass freshmen seems like a solid recipe.

Duke doesn't belong in this conversation right now.

Too soon to tell. Many new pieces. Exhibitions against scrubs may tell you a few things, but they definitely don't paint a clear picture.

I think this KU roster has potential to be Bill's best. Potentially dominant. But relative to Kentucky, Duke, and others? Who knows.

No one really puts UNC in that conversation, but three senior starters plus a couple badass freshmen seems like a solid recipe.
They hype up duke and Kentucky's one and doners every year. But at the end of the year they will be looking up at Unc and Kansas.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
UVA and Gonzaga belong in this discussion too.

I think UVA has the best backcourt in the country with Guy and Jerome.

Reactions: KisteK
I'm not sold on Kansas' backcourt.

I like Bart Torvik's top 7 atm
Kansas, Virginia, Duke, Zags, UNC, Kentucky and Nevada
maybe not in that order, but those 7 seem to be the best bets preseason.
Bingo, those are the top 7 no doubt.

I don't think Tennessee's backcourt is good enough to be title worthy but that front court with Schofield and Grant is incredible.

KState will be sneaky coming off an Elite 8 and returning Xavier Sneed, Barry Brown and Dean Wade. I don't know if they have the talent to win a championship but they're a lock for a Sweet 16 type floor.

No they're not. UVA is essentially returning its entire team from last year that rolled to a ACC Regular Season and Tournament title.

They should be preseason #1 but most humans are utterly incapable of overcoming recency bias.

You make really good points but...

giphy.gif

I'm not sold on Kansas' backcourt.

I like Bart Torvik's top 7 atm
Kansas, Virginia, Duke, Zags, UNC, Kentucky and Nevada
maybe not in that order, but those 7 seem to be the best bets preseason.

Are you sold on Kentucky's backcourt?

Duke's PG is an unknown. There are questions with all.

I think you have to say Kansas is at the top right now due to the return of some veterans plus the incoming transfers. I think Duke may be a little bit behind right now due to the youth which UK is more than familiar with but will be a bear come march. UK has a decent mesh of experience and incoming talent.

UVA is UVA. They'll be hard to handle in the regular season but will bow out in the tourny early to a very athletic team. That zone can handle guys with superior length and athleticism.

Well at least the program is clean. UNC football, how many players were suspended?
13. I’m just glad UNC is an honest school that steps up when someone makes a mistake. Glad to see them man up & face the suspensions head on.
Didn’t UK football have some NCAA violations a few years ago?

No they're not. UVA is essentially returning its entire team from last year that rolled to a ACC Regular Season and Tournament title.

They should be preseason #1 but most humans are utterly incapable of overcoming recency bias.

I doubt that last year's Virginia would have the same success this year.

And, let's face it, the ACC was overrated.

Are you sold on Kentucky's backcourt?

Duke's PG is an unknown. There are questions with all.

I didn't vote. My poll still has three sexy holes.
I have questions about everyone's team.

And, honestly, were Nevada an option I might have voted for them.

UVA is UVA. They'll be hard to handle in the regular season but will bow out in the tourny early to a very athletic team. That zone can handle guys with superior length and athleticism.

dafuq-you-say.gif

No they are not. Talent doesn’t mean greatness. I can think of 3 other teams right now that are going to be VERY good. Just because they didnt play in August doesn’t mean anything

Why are they in a class of their own? All three lost a ton of important pieces. And they are replacing those pieces with freshman; albeit really good ones. And yes, KU and UK do returnn some key guys. But still. On paper,sure they seem to be "by themselves". But man there's some really good clubs that return a lot of key guys, and who were pretty good last year.
I think folks are letting the classes these 3 have get in the way of how good other teams are.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
No they are not. Talent doesn’t mean greatness. I can think of 3 other teams right now that are going to be VERY good. Just because they didnt play in August doesn’t mean anything
Yep. Tennessee, Villanova and Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT