ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans. RE: Justin Powell...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Cal done Fvxked up on this one. Only a freshmen and looks better than every player on your roster right now. UK has no shooters and Powell may be the best shooter in the SEC. Dude is a bad ass. 26 against Memphis tonight. If we get Cooper back with him watch out

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
can I ask a serious question? Why does Cal rarely recruit any great shooters?

Because he goes for hyped players, which often can’t shoot. There aren’t usually many sharp shooters atop the Rivals 250.

The Wall team and 2015 team didn’t need to be able to shoot to win a lot of games. This team needs to.

Last edited:
can I ask a serious question? Why does Cal rarely recruit any great shooters?

My guess, he puts a premium on defensive potential and the long and very athletic players have that. He seems to recruit shooters but most of them don’t get off the bench or stay in long enough to make a difference. Allen might be their best shooter but he’s buried in the bench. I think that Baker kid that transferred out also was supposed to be a shooter, but he didn’t get much burn there. I guess you could point to exceptions to this in Booker and Herro, so maybe I’m way off base here.

I think he does, but his athleticism boner steers the ship. He did recruit Devin Booker after all.

Herro as well. And Quickley was supposed to be a good shooter coming out of HS and he was pretty solid at U.K. maxey could shoot as well jist streaky. James Young and Malik Monk could stroke it too. Also trey lyles and wiltjer although he didn’t work out.

He recruits shooters it’s just overshadowed by the numerous guys he recruits that can’t shoot like briscoe, diallo, etc etc

Herro as well. And Quickley was supposed to be a good shooter coming out of HS and he was pretty solid at U.K. maxey could shoot as well jist streaky. James Young and Malik Monk could stroke it too. Also trey lyles and wiltjer although he didn’t work out.

He recruits shooters it’s just overshadowed by the numerous guys he recruits that can’t shoot like briscoe, diallo, etc etc
Don't forget D. Lamb.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
b.c they're white.

Seriously, he did the same at UM. He likes athletic slashers.His preference landed him in the HOF, so who am I to judge?

i would have thought of supposed blue blood would demand more? Isjust making the hall of fame the standard now for the big blue nation? Isn’t like 5 of your former head coaches in the hall? Sad what a once proud fan base is accepting now

Did you just ask if making the HOF and winning a championship with 4 other banners in 12 years UK's standard now?

Sure.

And 4 others did win a title at UK. Not all of them are in the HOF.

Did you just ask if making the HOF and winning a championship with 4 other banners in 12 years UK's standard now?

Sure.
Cal hasn’t won shit in 5 years while having the most talented roster in the conference. So many other coaches could have done so much more with those players. Hey at least you win draft night though. Cal cares more about himself than he does about your school. That’s the truth

He should be in a Kentucky uniform. Would be nice to get guys in state like Powell, Hollingsworth(WKU).

Reactions: Villian07
Cal hasn’t won shit in 5 years while having the most talented roster in the conference. So many other coaches could have done so much more with those players. Hey at least you win draft night though. Cal cares more about himself than he does about your school. That’s the truth
I dont' mind opinions mate. You can say what you want. I do love those cold hard stats though. and you shtting on Cal not winning in the the past few years is great. I'm glad you have higher standards for UK than AU.

Tubby smith is a far better basketball coach than John Calipari. Give them rosters with equal talent and tubby wins about 80 percent of the games at least.
You think so? Too bad Tubby couldn't recruit them.

Both have titles. Pearl....snitched and had to take a break with no titles.

You think so? Too bad Tubby couldn't recruit them.

I do. You think your team is 1-4 right now with tubby as a coach? cal the last 5 years hasn’t recruited or coached them up near as well though as he did just first 5 years at UK. I see you guys making a change in the next couple years

I do. You think your team is 1-4 right now with tubby as a coach? cal the last 5 years hasn’t recruited or coached them up near as well though as he did just first 5 years at UK. I see you guys making a change in the next couple years
It's fun in your head isn't it. Can make up any reality you want. I like your realities.

Again, sorry, I'm not good at hypotheticals. Just like the facts ma'am.

I dont' mind opinions mate. You can say what you want. I do love those cold hard stats though. and you shtting on Cal not winning in the the past few years is great. I'm glad you have higher standards for UK than AU.

Kentucky puts far more into basketball than auburn does. Of course you have higher standards. You pay cal almost triple what pearl makes.

It's fun in your head isn't it. Can make up any reality you want. I like your realities.

Again, sorry, I'm not good at hypotheticals. Just like the facts ma'am.
The facts are cal is on the decline. There is a good amount of your fan base that realizes it as well. You just seem to be obsessed with the toy ever since he coached for Memphis. You are by far his number 1 fan. Why is that? Many other cat fans don’t even like him as much as you do

The facts are cal is on the decline. There is a good amount of your fan base that realizes it as well. You just seem to be obsessed with the toy ever since he coached for Memphis. You are by far his number 1 fan. Why is that? Many other cat fans don’t even like him as much as you do
haha. You know a lot don't you?

go ahead hoss. I can take it.

Think so?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT