ADVERTISEMENT

Just A Rumor Right Now-Mark Turgeon May Be Done At Maryland

Problem is people allow one game to determine their opinion of a coach.

If Shaka won that game he would have been alright....

That game didn't change my opinion of the situation at all. I have explained this numerous times.

Shaka is the coach for now unless there is a better option.
Players want to play for him and there is belief that Shaka can get better.

He is pretty young and there are moments that make you think he can be an elite coach.

We will see.

I told you before the season that nothing short of a final four run would change my opinion of Shaka, and maybe not even that, given the talent/experience he was working with.

Abilene changed nothing. Just further confirmation.

I told you before the season that nothing short of a final four run would change my opinion of Shaka, and maybe not even that, given the talent/experience he was working with.

Abilene changed nothing. Just further confirmation.

People are talking about Royal Ivey.

Ivey was one of my favorite players. Top 5 defensive players all time in the Big 12. Learning a lot from Steve Nash.

But I don't see him as this drastic improvement.

We will wait and see how everything turns out.
Best to stay patient.

Problem is people allow one game to determine their opinion of a coach.

If Shaka won that game he would have been alright....

So, you're saying there is an element of luck in the tournament? And maybe we should look at the totality of a coach's performance? Interesting. Seems like you were singing a different tune a few months back...

Do you understand why I don't look at regular season.
I look at post season success

Regular season basketball for the most part isn't the same because a lot of times you don't have two teams in the same place.

Tournament basketball is different. Both teams have that urgency and have to win.

You have this idea that winning in the NCAA Tournament is a fluke.

I don't.

You continue to bring up the regular season.

Regular season would be a fluke.
NCAA Tournament isn't

I don't even look at the regular season when judging coaches

Some of you are attempting to make excuses for your teams losing in the NCAA Tournament.

That is fine. If you want to bang your chest about regular season success.

So, you're saying there is an element of luck in the tournament? And maybe we should look at the totality of a coach's performance? Interesting. Seems like you were singing a different tune a few months back...
Ive never witnessed a guy take so many shots to the nuts. This time he did it to himself! @SheriffBufordTJustice ---What do you have to say for yourself? When is the last time you didnt have your foot in your mouth and your head up your ass?

9884169.gif

I'm guessing he'll make a quiet exit from this thread after reading that post. 😆

We all say things that we regret on here...but man thats quite a list.
I normally don't go after posters, but Sheriff brings it on himself. He speaks definitively and ignorantly out of both sides of his mouth. You can't be ignorant and speak down to people at the same time. Add that up with the delusion of Shaka Smart being a good coach, and it becomes quite amusing.

He took the "only the postseason matters" approach this year because, since there wasn't a postseason last year and Texas played slightly better down the stretch, he thought he could make a believable case that they'd have made a run with the opportunity. And then, of course, this was destined to be the tourney that Shaka had been building toward since he took the job. If they'd made a deep run this year, he'd say it all worked according to plan.

Now.....

uh.....

ADVERTISEMENT