ADVERTISEMENT

Just A Rumor Right Now-Mark Turgeon May Be Done At Maryland

We...
Do you mean you. Because you cannot speak for everyone.

It isn't expecting anything. There are people around Texas who think like you.

But once again these opinions are reactionary. People who attach their emotional opinions to the outcome of the game.

So if the ref didn't call a foul...Would that mean Shaka was a decent coach.
Shaka didn't change at all.

Maybe you could make excuses if he made it out of the first round occasionally or lost to a respectable team.

You know how to avoid losing in the final seconds?
By beating them handily, as an average UCLA team did in the next round. That's what Texas would have done if Shaka knew how to design plays or make adjustments.

It is an opinion piece. Guy just has a large platform
Doesn't mean he knows more than others.
iu

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maybe you could make excuses if he made it out of the first round occasionally or lost to a respectable team.

You know how to avoid losing in the final seconds?
By beating them handily, as an average UCLA team did in the next round. That's what Texas would have done if Shaka knew how to design plays or make adjustments.

They won their Super Bowl. Even Jim Jackson said they weren't moving as well in that second game. They did have a nice 5 minute stretch.

Regarding adjustments....
Coach doesn't tell the players what to do on the court.
Coaching 101. The players have to know what to do.

Shaka eventually will get replaced. Most likely won't be this year.

None of this changes my opinion of him. Like with any coach there are things you like and there are things you don't.

They won their Super Bowl. Even Jim Jackson said they weren't moving as well in that second game. They did have a nice 5 minute stretch.

Regarding adjustments....
Coach doesn't tell the players what to do on the court.
Coaching 101. The players have to know what to do.

Shaka eventually will get replaced. Most likely won't be this year.

None of this changes my opinion of him. Like with any coach there are things you like and there are things you don't.

KU is K-State's SB, yet they lose 90% of the time. And K-State actually has some talent now and then.

Not sure why you're pretending that in-game adjustments don't matter. And how often does he draw up a play out of a TO that works? Or pull out a junk defense or zone that's effective?

Last edited:
KU is K-State's SB, yet they lose 90+ of them. And K-State actually has some talent now and then.

Not sure why you're pretending that in-game adjustments don't matter. And how often does he draw up a play out of a TO that works? Or pull out a junk defense or zone that's effective?

You have to rewatch the video and check out their offensive rebounds.
Texas was defeated because of offensive rebounds.

If you want to give advice watch the video and see what Texas did wrong.

To me that team outworked Texas. More than that they wanted the game to be decided in that matter and Texas didn't attempt to change it at all.

Maybe Shaka overestimated his teams toughness....

But that game was decided on an offensive rebound. They followed the driver because they expected a miss...

Texas putting the ball up with 13 seconds was smart because you give your team the chance to get the rebound..
But they did give Abilene Christian another chance. I guess if the game was tied it would have been different.

Turgeon might be interested in Oklahoma...not sure if OU would offer him the job but it's possible

No one is talking about wins and losses.

Talking about the ability to open doors

Ultimately a program is judged on how many doors can you open when you want to recruit...

Shaka isn't destroying this.
Even though he isn't winning. Maybe I should have clarified what I meant
Judge on how many doors you open? Wtf are you, a millenial? Its W and Ls and tournament runs in March, you participation trophy idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Like with Alabama...Nate Oats is looking good because Avery Johnson did a great job at bringing in talent....

Everyone as of right now thinks Oats is an elite coach.
Because he is winning.

Once he isn't that could change. But the thing is that Oats will have to maintain that type of talent that was brought in under Avery Johnson.

Johnson projected at a very high level...
Lol. Oats is winning mostly because he can coach a lick. Johnson was shit as a coach. Simple. You just dont want to criticize any black coaches for their coaching ability I guess?

Judge on how many doors you open? Wtf are you, a millenial? Its W and Ls and tournament runs in March, you participation trophy idiot.

The strength of a program is based on the percentage of recruits they can get when they really want someone.

Shaka isn't hurting this by developing players.

Of course I want the wins but as of now he isn't hurting the program to the point where I want to push him out.

The strength of a program is based on the percentage of recruits they can get when they really want someone.

Of course I want the wins but as of now he isn't hurting the program to the point where I want to push him out.
Strength of a program is based on wins and championships, you fvcking loser.

You arent real. There is no way.

I get it. There's always a high turnover with a new coach; players almost immediately hit the transfer portal button. Recruits decommit, and your first class is typically on the weaker side. The first year or two can be rough. Shaka has been there for 6 years, however. He has never lacked talent, he's employed by the most profitable athletic department in America, and yet he still hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game as the Texas HC.
Geez, that wouldn't even fly at Louisville.

Reactions: dukedevilz
For Texas it’s about the brand

About the future. Once the game is over it is over.
Matters about getting better players into the program....

Like I said coaching hires and fires are based on...
Revenue
Recruiting
Than off the court stuff. NCAA violations especially. Just running a toxic program like Gregg Marshall

Don't think of Texas as an irrelevant program.
Abilene Christian actually made two times the money playing them than they did Kentucky.
So...
Should worry about yourself
You're right, I can't say shit, UK didn't even make it far enough to lose to a school on their level.

I just thought the goal to sports is to win. Be in the conversation come March. It's a tough loss and it's ok to be frustrated and not try and spin it with sugarcoating. But seriously, no wins ever in the NCAAT for your coach. Ouch.

You're right, I can't say shit, UK didn't even make it far enough to lose to a school on their level.

I just thought the goal to sports is to win. Be in the conversation come March. It's a tough loss and it's ok to be frustrated and not try and spin it with sugarcoating. But seriously, no wins ever in the NCAAT for your coach. Ouch.

Problem is people allow one game to determine their opinion of a coach.

If Shaka won that game he would have been alright....

That game didn't change my opinion of the situation at all. I have explained this numerous times.

Shaka is the coach for now unless there is a better option.
Players want to play for him and there is belief that Shaka can get better.

He is pretty young and there are moments that make you think he can be an elite coach.

We will see.

That game didn't change my opinion of the situation at all. I have explained this numerous times.

He is pretty young and there are moments that make you think he can be an elite coach.

We will see.
He didn't win any NCAAT games at Texas prior to that game.

I get it you found a young coach, that had a run, and sold you he could deliver, eventually, to the level of VCU.

I just thought Texas had higher hopes. My bad. Now I know.

We will see.
Nobody is judging one game, we’re judging the fact that he has zero(0) tourney wins in 6 years at Texas.

It's common to shit on other teams every chance, and especially discredit with reasons they're doing so well.

Shaka Smart sucks at Texas. VCU was a better fit.

I couldn't care less if UT does anything at all. I find it crazy they're ok with no wins in the NCAAT.

This guy must hand out ol' fashions to the admin.

Texas should hire a coach to teach Smart how to coach. Just create a new title.

"We really like this guy, so let's invest in him and set him up with some training."

ADVERTISEMENT